Innovative Marine Aquariums

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alk 8.4ish and cal 340, did a 5gal water change yesterday, now only dosing 10ml of cal and alk a day with the doser... Tron should I up the cal to 15ml and see where that gets me?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Well, those levels are just a touch off.... We should consult with Christine, as she may ask you to cut alk for a few days to bump that ca to an acceptable range, then we can bring the alk back online.

She helped me greatly settle my 2 part into a groove. I'm confident she will do the same...

Did you get a response yet?

Yep! She's very helpful, gonna keep dosing same amount of alk cut it down to 4 doses of each a day, increase cal to get it up to 420 ish stop dosing for 3 days and test each day and figure out how much is needed. Also go into Manuel dosing and she gave me a program to follow to make sure there is 3 hours in between each.

I'm jealous of you guys and your CAD skimmers. I can for the life of me tune this Reef Octo so that it skims into the cup with the right amount of dry. It's either real wet or nothing in the cup and it all accumulates in the neck. Which I guess isn't bad, but if a chunk falls back into the water that's bad...

Oh and switched skimmers from the tunze 9002 to the cadlights pls-50 after seeing the success with trons.... Yep after a week.... It's a beast! Got some nice lite roast coffee... now working on some dark roast!

Glad to hear of another success with the PLS-50. I think I'll be making the switch soon myself.

Great looking tank!

How is the Alk & Ca coming?

-TRON

It's coming try to get the cal to budge past 350, dosing 25ml of a cal a day, Christine gave me something else to try today, but I'm stuck working so ill try it tomorrow or sat. But I can say since i started dosing that my bonsai acro frag I have looks sweet, some nice pe and its encrusting around the glue.

Glad to hear of another success with the PLS-50. I think I'll be making the switch soon myself.

Great looking tank!

Thanks! It worth it

Ill slap you for nothing man. No worries. ;)

I been looking into changing out my fishies. Minus the clowns. They ma boo's!

Yea I miss my original clowns but since the aids epademic in the tank I get to buy some fish I really want. Next up is the jawfish mated pair, from everything I've seen they are way hardier than the damn blue spots, they from Florida and use to much warmer waters. Can't wait! Cpl more weeks and ill order them. I really want a tail spot Blenny but I loved my Midas, so in a cpl months that'll be my last fish

SouthFlorida_Tron

Since losing the tailspot and cleaner, the LFS has several wild plumpy Mandarins... I am very tempted to pick one up and try to train him....

Thoughts?

Since losing the tailspot and cleaner, the LFS has several wild plumpy Mandarins... I am very tempted to pick one up and try to train him....

Thoughts?

I've always wanted a Mandy but I know my 6line who I can't catch probably would kill it, so it's a no go for me. For you, your tank is pretty calm and peaceful so I'd say try it! I think you'll be able train it in your tank no prob

SouthFlorida_Tron

What I have the LFS doing is since I go weekly just to hangout and chat... I have them feeding the same pellets to them to see if they eat, I mentioned if they get them to eat at any point, Im taking him home! lol

Archived