Coral Vue Hydros

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL I showed my wife a pic of the mustache Jawfish and she said cool....and then I told her the price and she said, "Oh wow...i'll draw mustaches on our fish for you!"

Lol yea it's an awesome jawfish but damn! Tested some fresh mixed io reef crystals 10.4alk and 425 cal. So good stuff there! And confirmed that the marine color doser is working how I want it and doesn't dose the cal and alk close together at all! Gonna snap some pics later and test my cal and alk tonight again. Ohhhhh and my bonsai acro is encrusting on the reef paste I glued it with so YAY! Something must be right finally or slightly but whatever I'm happy. Off to race the STi today

Got my brs supplies today! 1 gallon of cal and alk (didn't know I had to add rodi water to the jugs, can't read I guess) and 64oz of mag and some more brs high capacity gfo.

Where are the whites though... I felt par want to well half way down so I bumped the peak point.

Peak is at 415pm for me and 56% brightness 100%blue and royal blue, then 45%cool white green and hyper red.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I had a RP directly in the middle, about 8" down, on a rock... and it wasnt doing well.... And I have a Pink Milli just next to it... Moved the RP up to the backwall, directly under the surface by say 3"... hope it recovers, the Milli looks to do fine, still a frag, waiting, but isnt dying or losing color lol.. so strange...

Bumped the intensity to see if that 60% I was running just wasnt penetrating. Will see what this 70% does...

Well now that I'm up to 420 cal I'll consult Christine, she said once I'm at 420 to stop dosing for 3 days and test each day and figure out how much I should be dosing

Got an update from Kara from kp aquatics, she has a matted pair of yellow head jawfish for me in a smaller size about 3-3-25" that they are in the process of training to eat mysis then after that pellet then hopefully be good to go!

014.jpg

29 gallon biocube stand? I have the same one, expect mine is filled to the hilt with junk. I have "stand organization" on my list of things I want to do. And I need to move my MP10 controller and AI controller inside the stand like yours. My son fiddles with them.

We just moved from the northside to schaumburg back in Aug i miss the city. Order this thing its everything people say and more. I told the gf i sold the marinland led which hasnt sold yet so i had to order a new one ;) I need a better camera the iphone makes it look super blue.

Cool beans! I used to live Schaumburg. Went to HEHS back in the day. Also, iPhone photos will work ok. Grab an app called Snapseed.

Went to the lfs to grab some Rods reef food and ended up grabbing a 2 head duncan! Hope the order from inTank shows up or ships soon. And of course i order it then the next day i see his coupon :(

Duncans are awesome!

Hey I was reading your post about your nitrates.

Looking at your list of foods and your feeding schedule:

Feed like once every other day

Cut out the Rods Food! That saved me in the past. There's just too much micro stuff in there that never gets eaten by anything. That's the point of Rod's, but in a nano it's just too much. I had the same issue and that made it go away. The LPS corals will accept larger food and the sps don't really need it.

Drain frozen foods. I dont know if you do this, but it helps so much. I used to thaw a cube of mysis or whatever and just pour some into the tank. Now I'm thawing it, then draining the cup and leaving just the shrimp. I have found that I can actually feed more often by doing that.

Hope that helps.

I'm glad I just read this. I just grabbed some Rods 2 days ago thinking the opposite. I think I'll continue to feed my drained and trained mysis and then treat the tank to Rods once a week. The fish went NUTS when I fed Rods. There is so much little stuff in there.

hows that picture method working for you for the clown hosting?

I think I missed something. What is this method?

Archived