inTank Media Baskets

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

Tanks dirty as green pooh. I have to scrape the glass and get some more snails. All I've been doing is feeding and water changes. No time. Kids good. Got so many presents.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14.5" of snow so far! Extreme cold is about to roll in though :( down to -5 tonight and the high for Monday is -8 and low of -18 which rarely happens. I'm off today, I may try to set the apex up but at least get the battery back up set up.

TheKleinReef

14.5" of snow so far! Extreme cold is about to roll in though :( down to -5 tonight and the high for Monday is -8 and low of -18 which rarely happens. I'm off today, I may try to set the apex up but at least get the battery back up set up.

i hate this snow...

i hate this snow...

Lol yea it's been fun, had to drive the gf to work this morning since she was worried about the roads, good thing we got her a new truck back in June... 2014 Grand Cherokee limited, that biatch plows threw everything no problems, it's awesome to drive in this weather. The dealership is trying to find me a white 2014 srt8 but finding a brand new one locally is a struggle for them so after 2 months I said stop looking lol.

TheKleinReef

My Honda Fit is okay in the snow but I haven't driven since Monday so I actually don't know how it would handle now. I'm going to assume not very well. Lol

PS: I didn't know you were in Schaumburg. We gotta trade soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's official new tank is on order! (30th bday present to myself) feb 9th, reef savvy 30x20x16" 1/2" starphire 16" ghostoverflow and phantom bottom. I'm going with synergy reef shadow box for the sump. Bubble magnus curve 5 for the skimmer and reef octopus diablo 5500 return pump!

Well it's official new tank is on order! (30th bday present to myself) feb 9th, reef savvy 30x20x16" 1/2" starphire 16" ghostoverflow and phantom bottom. I'm going with synergy reef shadow box for the sump. Bubble magnus curve 5 for the skimmer and reef octopus diablo 5500 return pump!
Freaking awesome! Congrats on the new tank and happy birthday. We warmed up here in indy today to 48 with rain. So happy to see pavement again. How is your weather in Chiiiiicago?

Thanks I'm excited as hell especially since the gf is on board and wants to help, she gonna buy the sump! She sees it makes me happy and was all for it, I was shocked. Weather is way better 39 and rain and I'm happy to see pavement again aswell this brutal cold spell was rough! My Subaru is tucked away in the garage and my civic takes forever to warm up.

Lol Jesus those are $$$! I really love the design of there synergy reef savvy shadow box sump except I don't want it blacked out I want clear acrylic with there green

Lol Jesus those are $$$! I really love the design of there synergy reef savvy shadow box sump except I don't want it blacked out I want clear acrylic with there green
They do custom work :).

Nice! Those dim's are awesome! Still using the same lighting?

Yep I love the radion! Maybe I'll upgrade the pucks to gen 3 if they let us

Nice! Those dim's are awesome! Still using the same lighting?

Well made my mom spill the beans about my bday present early! Was trying to tell her the pump I wanted was on sale on amazon but she said I got you the bubble thing lol, So she got me the bubble magnus curve 5 woot woot! So I ordered the reef octopus diablo dc5500 for a nice deal on amazon!

BattleAthletics

Well made my mom spill the beans about my bday present early! Was trying to tell her the pump I wanted was on sale on amazon but she said I got you the bubble thing lol, So she got me the bubble magnus curve 5 woot woot! So I ordered the reef octopus diablo dc5500 for a nice deal on amazon!

You have an awesome mom! lol@ bubble thing

You have an awesome mom! lol@ bubble thing

Lol yes I do! I think it's cause I bought her a keurig for Christmas lol. You ever get yourself a 30x20 ?

Finally getting around to setting up the apex.... Crap it's only 74 in the tank when I thought it was 76.8 via coralife temp probe. Inspected my old school thermometer and it was only 74.... Upped that ish to 77 and set up the program. Love it so far, will do the ph probe sat cause I'm lazy now.

Finally getting around to setting up the apex.... Crap it's only 74 in the tank when I thought it was 76.8 via coralife temp probe. Inspected my old school thermometer and it was only 74.... Upped that ish to 77 and set up the program. Love it so far, will do the ph probe sat cause I'm lazy now.

Love my apex when fusion comes out it is going to be the end all of controllers imo

Ya... I always have my alcohol thermometer in the tank to double check my apex temp probe.

I'm glad your liking your apex so far! I can't wait for fusion.

Love my apex when fusion comes out it is going to be the end all of controllers imo

yup!

Officially ordered the synergy reef shadow box sump! Very edited about this guy too! 4-6 weeks to get it

Nice! I'm jealous.

Ya... I always have my alcohol thermometer in the tank to double check my apex temp probe.

I'm glad your liking your apex so far! I can't wait for fusion.

Yep so far so good! Except the IP address changes which is weird, I think I need to turn dhcp off.

Ph probe in and calibrated. 7.94 isn't too bad considering there hasn't been much fresh air in here with all this extreme cold.

Archived