Top Shelf Aquatics

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That looks heavy...

Lol...It's got some weight to it being 1/2" and the added weight of the phantom bottom. But two people and it's not bad

Yum...reef savvy and synergy...top of the line build!

Yea I figured I'd go all out for this tank since it was a bday present to myself and from the fiancé.

And for my car guys, Was having the STi tune touched up a bit last week since I use speed density via Cobb accessport. Well everything was going fine 1/2 way in when all the sudden a strap broke on the dyno and the car shot to the right, luckly my buddy who has tuned a crap load of cars knew what to do to keep the car from slamming in the wall and bouncing all over the place. Only really damage was my RF tire littlerly got smoked to the steal belts. Got a cpl small issues to sort out. But made good power still, 480whp @19psi on 93oct. I'll go back again once I fix my tial wastegate springs.

BattleAthletics

And for my car guys, Was having the STi tune touched up a bit last week since I use speed density via Cobb accessport. Well everything was going fine 1/2 way in when all the sudden a strap broke on the dyno and the car shot to the right, luckly my buddy who has tuned a crap load of cars knew what to do to keep the car from slamming in the wall and bouncing all over the place. Only really damage was my RF tire littlerly got smoked to the steal belts. Got a cpl small issues to sort out. But made good power still, 480whp @19psi on 93oct. I'll go back again once I fix my tial wastegate springs.

That is what I read.

14591.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Holy hell dude, that would have given me a heart attack. I'm glad your buddy was able to save your car from slamming into the wall, is his shop covering the tires for you or did you have to get a new set on your dime? Wish Cobb had VW products, stuck with companies like APR who have garbage flashing methods or else I would start doing stuff to my car ASAP

480 on 19psi is freaking great - what all have you done to the car?

Side story my buddy had an 02' WRX with a custom engine built up by Cobb, turbo was imported and took 2 months to get here in addition to a bunch of other mods (Roll Cage, Suspension work and a bunch of other garbage not relevant for this story) They threw the car on the dyno to get the tune worked out and someone forgot to tighten the crank pulley enough and it ended up flying off, throwing the belt and bending almost all the rods in the engine.

My other friend just bought a 15' WRX so we are going to see how that is going to do mod wise - excited to see the 2.0T in action, weird having a Subaru without a bit of turbo lag.

In all honesty I came here to see your Radion and ended up reading about your STI, I guess I need to go back and see what your settings are at - I'm picking up a G3 pro tonight hopefully.

No they don't cover that, generally when you have your car on a dyno you sign a waver saying if anything happens to it they aren't responsible so it's a gamble. Yea APR chips are just kinda blah, Cobb accessport is freaking awesome. And crank pulley going flying is a big bummer that will ruin everything. My car has a built motor built heads stroked to pretty much a 2.7 tomei pro cams and a twinscroll 35r rotated kit. And a bunch more. My radion program is all done threw apex fusion now, starts off with some 20k then peaks at 14k at 60% then goes back down with some more 20k.

No they don't cover that, generally when you have your car on a dyno you sign a waver saying if anything happens to it they aren't responsible so it's a gamble. Yea APR chips are just kinda blah, Cobb accessport is freaking awesome. And crank pulley going flying is a big bummer that will ruin everything. My car has a built motor built heads stroked to pretty much a 2.7 tomei pro cams and a twinscroll 35r rotated kit. And a bunch more. My radion program is all done threw apex fusion now, starts off with some 20k then peaks at 14k at 60% then goes back down with some more 20k.

Awesome man, your car build is great - glad to see someone who cares about their car enough to build it from the ground up - Good luck fixing your wastegate springs.

• 3 weeks later...

Well might be setting up the new tank at the the inlaws and moving the fishy's over end of July. The wait begins with trying to purchase a short sale home. Time to order sand and heater. Figure it'll be easier to move the fishy's into a tank that's set up rather than take the tank down put it back up and gives me an excuse to set up the new tank early.

man that is every car guys nightmare on the dyno!!

glad you made it out with minimal damage.

Cobb stopped tuning my my application so I was able to get uprev for my nissan.

I hear ecutek is the new "shit" right now with more tuning options then ever before so I am curious to see If I should switch over.

Yea ecuTek has flex fuel now so you put e85 in whenever and the computer will know what to do as far as the tune. Had ecuTek back in 2006 but at the time there was only one tuner in the area and they weren't improving the software at all. It's come ahead full circle as far as tuning goes with speed density and flex fuel, anti lag, flat foot shifting launch control etc...I'll stick with Cobb for awhile, especially if I ever upgrade to a gtr

Yea ecuTek has flex fuel now so you put e85 in whenever and the computer will know what to do as far as the tune. Had ecuTek back in 2006 but at the time there was only one tuner in the area and they weren't improving the software at all. It's come ahead full circle as far as tuning goes with speed density and flex fuel, anti lag, flat foot shifting launch control etc...I'll stick with Cobb for awhile, especially if I ever upgrade to a gtr

yeah I cant find an ecutek tuner anwhere.

not to mention they all cost 700-1000... >_< no thanks

oh yeah forgot to mention cool tank! ^_^ lol

Arkayology

Well might be setting up the new tank at the the inlaws and moving the fishy's over end of July. The wait begins with trying to purchase a short sale home. Time to order sand and heater. Figure it'll be easier to move the fishy's into a tank that's set up rather than take the tank down put it back up and gives me an excuse to set up the new tank early.

I guess it is good to set it up, but short sales can be a PITA! Good luck with getting the house man! Mae sure you get a build thread up and take pics.

So yea I'm gonna order some tropic Eden reef flakes. Sticking with ehiem jäger for a heater cause mine has been rock solid for 3 yrs. Need to order 2 bulk heads 1" but am lost on what to order. Need return and drain lines and uh yea everything and whatever else will be needed to plumb the tank. Makes my head spin

Ordered a new stand for the new tank. The plan was to use the current stand but the ato would be outside the stand. I don't like the idea anymore, new stand will be 34"x22"x32". Similar to how the cad light artisan stand is, satin black, the left side will be remove able and mounted with magnets. I'm excited.... Probably will just start a new thread. Nothing new on the home purchase, still awaiting the banks decision. We are staying positive.

Also I'm starting over with new rock. Any suggestions? BRS pukani? I'm not using reef saver rock again.

Also I'm starting over with new rock. Any suggestions? BRS pukani? I'm not using reef saver rock again.

What didnt you like about reef saver? The Pukani you have to clean really well since it has a bunch of dead stuff on it.

What didnt you like about reef saver? The Pukani you have to clean really well since it has a bunch of dead stuff on it.
After two years it started leaching phosphates

Wanna buy my 100w? I don't use it... I won't need a heater until about February...
New tank is 40gal plus 20 gal sump, so really about 50gal total 100w won't cut it other wise I would.

Why do you think it was the rock. Now you have me worried. I have Reefsaver in my tank and havent had any issues.

Archived