SaltCritters.com

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok finally got Fusion all set up, (thanks arch) and those on the neptune forum and i must say its awesome! The vortech control is freaking cool as hell. im not sure how i survived so long with out an aquarium controller. The endless things you can do is nuts. very excited to continue to play with it

Emailed Felix at reef savvy to make sure we are still on schedule for my new tank next month and so far we are, he was literally working on the phantom bottom for my tank as we spoke. Gots to order my new sand soon 60lbs of tropic Eden reef flakes http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/TE-TE03616R30.html and still need to decide on a heater.

Also still trying to decide if I want to give bio pellets a whirl or stick with gfo and carbon and purigen

Emailed Felix at reef savvy to make sure we are still on schedule for my new tank next month and so far we are, he was literally working on the phantom bottom for my tank as we spoke. Gots to order my new sand soon 60lbs of tropic Eden reef flakes http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/TE-TE03616R30.html'>http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/TE-TE03616R30.html and still need to decide on a heater.Also still trying to decide if I want to give bio pellets a whirl or stick with gfo and carbon and purigen
Best sand ever! I would stick with GFO and carbon they have never failed me. What is the tank siize again?
Best sand ever! I would stick with GFO and carbon they have never failed me. What is the tank siize again?

30x20x16 roughly 42 gallons

Wtf ecotech and Ai merged?!??

Is it just me or does it seem like ecotech just bought their biggest competitor and now if you don't like their products you literally have 1 or 2 far smaller competitor choices as far as led's go. I mean kessil is part of a much larger company but I seriously doubt their reef lighting is whats bringing home the bacon for them. That leaves maxspect? Anyways both of my lfs's use radions exclusively and that is 100% of the reason I don't use them. Maybe its a film vs digital arguement but it feels like it is lacking a quality the older product had that this one can't produce.

Either way the monopoly that is occuring in the reef lighting scene is kinda dumb, especially given how I feel ecotechs mark up on all their products is outrageous.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from St. Maarten! Was awesome!! We are already planning our trip there next year too, it was the Heineken regatta which was cool to see. Food was freaking amazing, pool and beach perfect! Snorkeling was perfect. Oh and got officially engaged! And got home to see multiple emails from reef savvy, new tank is just about done!

Just got back from St. Maarten! Was awesome!! We are already planning our trip there next year too, it was the Heineken regatta which was cool to see. Food was freaking amazing, pool and beach perfect! Snorkeling was perfect. Oh and got officially engaged! And got home to see multiple emails from reef savvy, new tank is just about done!
Congrats on the engagement. Looking forward to the new tank!
Congrats on the engagement. Looking forward to the new tank!

Thanks dude! Yea super excited about the tank, and got the final sump design figured out a week ago.

Well after about 5 days of searching one of the jawfish pair is Mia... Don't see how he could dissapear unless there's a new burrow I can't see. Kinda sad, no remains or ammonia spike that I've seen. Unless they mated and he's protecting the kids in there burrow but doesn't come out at feeding.

Check the back chambers if any and sump and pump areas. Same thing happened to me a while back. Thought the fish was dead, but was just stuck in the back chamber under some stuff.

Well after about 5 days of searching one of the jawfish pair is Mia... Don't see how he could dissapear unless there's a new burrow I can't see. Kinda sad, no remains or ammonia spike that I've seen. Unless they mated and he's protecting the kids in there burrow but doesn't come out at feeding.

If they mated, one will hold the eggs in its mouth until they hatch since they're mouth brooders. So that one would probably stay down in the burrow since they can't eat the whole time they hold the eggs. Don't give up hope yet! I sure hope your other one is just lurking in the burrow somewhere. You'd be amazed how elaborate their burrow is. I was doing some work on my tank and realized my two have an insane network of tunnels all throughout the tank.

If they mated, one will hold the eggs in its mouth until they hatch since they're mouth brooders. So that one would probably stay down in the burrow since they can't eat the whole time they hold the eggs. Don't give up hope yet! I sure hope your other one is just lurking in the burrow somewhere. You'd be amazed how elaborate their burrow is. I was doing some work on my tank and realized my two have an insane network of tunnels all throughout the tank.

I sure hope so!

Ohhhh and just got a call from Rick at snergy reef..... My sump is done!

BattleAthletics

30x20x16 roughly 42 gallons

OMG phantom overflow?

I wanted David Varela to make a 30x20x20 or a 36x20x20 but that went down quick because of delivery issues. Those dimensions are perfect for my stand.

OMG phantom overflow?

I wanted David Varela to make a 30x20x20 or a 36x20x20 but that went down quick because of delivery issues. Those dimensions are perfect for my stand.

Yea buddy! Phantom bottom with the ghost overflow. I wanted the tank to be longer but I'm gonna wait till we get a house this summer and then plan on something bigger.

BattleAthletics

Yea buddy! Phantom bottom with the ghost overflow. I wanted the tank to be longer but I'm gonna wait till we get a house this summer and then plan on something bigger.

Why not wait till the summer to have the tank build to what you want? Or are you ballin like that? After you get another new new tank sell me this one your building! :P

My buddy has a 48x30x20 reef savvy he's taking down I may pick up from him, I love the dimensions I have so ill still have two tanks.

Archived