ReefCleaners.org

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

Well now I've got 2 gbta's... Hopefully they stay where they are at, i must say it did look really weird when the nem was splitting.

I have to admit, I read your post late last night, and I didn't comment on it, but I thought that's what would happen. I think splitting is a good thing. I think, I really don't know. If it is, cool! What are you going to do with 2 now?

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit, I read your post late last night, and I didn't comment on it, but I thought that's what would happen. I think splitting is a good thing. I think, I really don't know. If it is, cool! What are you going to do with 2 now?

Yea I dunno if it's good or bad but aslong as they both stay in the same place ill keep both, if not ill pull one

Nems seem to be staying put! Got an email from Kara at KP. Aquatics and my mated jawfish pair are ready to go! Waiting for an email back from her so I'm hoping to have them Thursday!

Jawfish got shipped today! Will be here tomorrow and new iphone tomorrow! And got promoted Monday! It's been a good week!

That's great, expecting pics when you get them.

For sure tomorrow! Pretty much have stable cal and alk now too cal stays at 420 and alk at 8.7ish

Jawfishy's arrived alive and feisty, acclimating them now! I use to love the blue spot but man the yellow head and blue hue to there body's is awesome!

Jawfishy's arrived alive and feisty, acclimating them now! I use to love the blue spot but man the yellow head and blue hue to there body's is awesome!

Something wrong with my computer, can't see the picture...

:lol:

Love the ghetto acclimation! :P

LOL yep! My future mother inlaw gave me a freezer bag full of them and said there's a million uses for these lol

Ok fishy's are in the tank, I'm always so nervous first introducing fish, one seems good and is already under a rock the other mate seems stressed and is just chilling in a corner. For now the lights are off and mp10's turned all the way down, hopefully all will be fine.

Well I finally found them together under the front left rock in a burrow together along with the diamond goby lol. Fed some mysis near the burrow and one of the 2 of them came out and snacked or maybe one at a time I dunno which is which yet, I'll turn the lights back on tomorrow and hopefully get some pics when I get home from work!

The jawfishy's are still in hiding but came right out when I fed a bunch of mysis to them! Darting in and out chopping on the food, damn diamond goby kept trying to eat it all but I distracted him, So at least they are eating.

Jaws r in da house, congrats! Great sign you got them eating already. There such characters and will provide you with endless entertainment with there never ending antics. When mine found his burrow, i added a bunch of tiny pieces of rubble and empty snail shells etc.. around his burrow and he immediately took them and went to work ling the entry way of his borrow.

Yea they are awesome, I've tried two blue spot jaws now and once they get to the 3 month mark for some reason they die, so I'm hopeful these guys are much hardier since they are use to warmer water. And really just staring at them once they pop out in the light I love the colors they have.

Jawfishy's be eating like pigs every night when I feed them mysis! They are slowly getting more and more comfy with the tank, I'm finally off tomorrow and gonna try and snap some pics tomorrow!

supermarvin76

Jawfishy's be eating like pigs every night when I feed them mysis! They are slowly getting more and more comfy with the tank, I'm finally off tomorrow and gonna try and snap some pics tomorrow!

Tomorrow is almost over...

Just a cpl quick pics, New Jawfish's are still shy but eat like pigs when i feed them mysis every night. Clowns are also little piggys and are growing lots. Kp aquatics is awesome by the way! Gave me a freebie of some kinda gorg in the front of the tank which at first i had no idea where to put, but its actually really cool looking.

IMG_1043_zpsc8f5eb0e.jpg

IMG_1047_zps9659ca29.jpg

IMG_1044_zpse63a5246.jpg

IMG_1046_zps40eed9ca.jpg

IMG_1045_zpsa6d7b1a6.jpg

IMG_1050_zps7353f72c.jpg

IMG_1051_zps007dfec9.jpg

Your tank might be re energizing me to continue with this. I been down on my tank for a while because I can't kick this cyano.

This is looking better and better.

Yay! I am so excited you have your jawfishies and that they are doing well. I'm glad they made their burrow up in the front so you can see them. KPA is awesome! I really like the freebie gorgonian they sent you. :)

Your tank is looking great, btw!

Your tank might be re energizing me to continue with this. I been down on my tank for a while because I can't kick this cyano.

This is looking better and better.

Thanks man it's a struggle all the time, there is still cyano patches here and there and some HA patches aswell but not as bad as before. Best way I've beaten cyano and HA was two 3 day black outs in a 30 day period, fresh water change and new gfo and carbon, lights out for 3 days, one week later same thing after the next water change.

Yay! I am so excited you have your jawfishies and that they are doing well. I'm glad they made their burrow up in the front so you can see them. KPA is awesome! I really like the freebie gorgonian they sent you. :)

Your tank is looking great, btw!

Thanks!!! Yea kpa is awesome and I'm super happy with the freebie and ecstatic that the jawfishs are pretty much up front!

Haven't tested in a week or so with the new promotion and being transferred to a different store, tested tonight alk 9.0 and cal 450 pretty good I think. Thoughts??

Archived