Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

Nice, looks clean and fresh!!!! But if I were you, I'd get rid of those xenia. Next thing you know, it'll take over the other rocks and you will have no room for other nice corals. Just my opinion though.

Everyone keeps saying that but for some reason I like it, luckly it's super easy to pull right off the rock when it gets crazy.

Looks great! Need more sps.

Slowly but surely I am

Wow - that's a sweet rimless tank !!

Thanks!

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my citron clown goby has been looking quite skinny lately so I went back to feeding everyday, mysis one day then some pellets/flake the next about a week or so ago. He seemed to eat but was still looking skinny as hell. Came home today and he was just chillen under the green monti not moving :( still trying to decide on a another 2spot goby or diamond and a my gf wants a bangai cardinal but I want a flame angel. Oh well no fish till after I get back from the cruise I leave for on the 30th. Ehiem auto feeder is on the way. 7 days of flake/pellet inside that, hopefully the gbta and corals will be fine for a week.

For sure I want a Flame angel as well.

The bangai cardinal though bores me.

Have your GF watch their behavior at a LFS, boring............................movement.

Cardinals are boring. I don't understand their purpose in life. Angel is a really nice fish, but will nip at sps if / when you get some. Can't remember if you have any.

For sure I want a Flame angel as well.

The bangai cardinal though bores me.

Have your GF watch their behavior at a LFS, boring............................movement.

Thats what i was telling her, I had a flame angel in the bc29 when i lived in the city for about 3 years. Awesome fish

Cardinals are boring. I don't understand their purpose in life. Angel is a really nice fish, but will nip at sps if / when you get some. Can't remember if you have any.

Definitly boring, I do have a birdsnest and seems to be doing well. If i get a flame angel hopefully he'll leave it be.

Beautiful tank! Love the design.

How is the 6line doing now? Any problems?

Thanks man! You got a sweet tank aswell. The 6line is fine ( although he did kill a 2spot goby) other than that, that was the only issue with him. I plan on getting either another diamond goby or another 2 spot and putting them in a breeder box in the tank for a few days then release it at night when the 6line is sleeping in the rocks. That probably is the coolest part about that fish, the cocoon they sleep in at night

I thought that about angels. Had one. No growth in the sps. Took the angel out. Sps growth was incredible. Not sure about the bn but it was definitely buying the acro.

I think it's in there genes. Some angels actually latch onto sps to sleep. WTH ( at least I'm pretty sure that was an angelfish )

Well my ehiem auto feeder came in today, gotta mix some flake and pellet and get it all ready for sat when I leave for a cruise. Filled up the 5gal top off bucket, mixed some water. I'll do a water change Friday night when I leave, hopefully the nem and all the corals will be ok for a week with out mysis and reef nutrition. It'll be a long 7 days but should be ok I hope!

Have anyone to look in on the tank maybe once mid week?

Not really, my dad maybe but he's 30 miles from my condo. I may ask my ask buddy who's 15 min away but knows nada about aquariums.

Back to the states! Now im stuck here at the airport for another 4 hours anxiously waiting to get home and hope everything is ok with the tank. Trip was great, visited Cozumel, mahagony bay, Belize, Grand Cayman. The snorkeling in grand cayman was the best as we snorkeled in Cozumel as well. The sand bar with all the sting rays was pretty epic as well in grand cayman. Still can't wait for the new aqua illuminations controller and find myself wanting another mp10 or sell mine and get an mp40 for some more flow in the tank.

Well just got on the cruise ship so hopefully everything will be fine. Auto feeder was setup, once a day at 1115 and a pellet/flake mix. And can't wait for this upgrade http://www.aquaillumination.com/accessorie...controller.html

Sweeping clouds are awesome. I've been wanting that forever. Wonder what the cost of this is?

Glad to hear your cruise was fun. I've already got mine booked for next march. I'm going to the same places pretty much, except Roatan Handuras is somewhere I've never been. What ship were you on?

Sweeping clouds are awesome. I've been wanting that forever. Wonder what the cost of this is?

Glad to hear your cruise was fun. I've already got mine booked for next march. I'm going to the same places pretty much, except Roatan Handuras is somewhere I've never been. What ship were you on?

Yea can't wait for the wireless capability and sweeping clouds! Hope everything in your tank was fine after that long power outage. Roatan Haunduras/Mahagony beach was nice, the beach was right off the ship so that was sweet. We were on the Carnival Legend, Balcony room and my brother and his gf were next door to us so they opened up the balcony partition so we had one huge balcony. This was my 6th cruise with carnival, still no complaints, staff is always super friendly, food is good. There is always tons to do. I still really want to try a royal caribean ship, there new one that sails outta Ft. Lauderdale looks freakin awesome and just looks so freakin massive.

Yea can't wait for the wireless capability and sweeping clouds! Hope everything in your tank was fine after that long power outage. Roatan Haunduras/Mahagony beach was nice, the beach was right off the ship so that was sweet. We were on the Carnival Legend, Balcony room and my brother and his gf were next door to us so they opened up the balcony partition so we had one huge balcony. This was my 6th cruise with carnival, still no complaints, staff is always super friendly, food is good. There is always tons to do. I still really want to try a royal caribean ship, there new one that sails outta Ft. Lauderdale looks freakin awesome and just looks so freakin massive.

Did you snorkel in roatan? I think I'm taking the same cruise on the same ship. We've been on three now with carnival. And also want to try out RC. Is that the ship that has the overhanging jacuzzis? That looks sick.

Yeah tank is good. Did some re scaping and added a couple things since the outage. Looks better IMO and the aqua fan is the greatest thing since vacations we invented.

Did you snorkel in roatan? I think I'm taking the same cruise on the same ship. We've been on three now with carnival. And also want to try out RC. Is that the ship that has the overhanging jacuzzis? That looks sick.

Yeah tank is good. Did some re scaping and added a couple things since the outage. Looks better IMO and the aqua fan is the greatest thing since vacations we invented.

No snorkeling in roatan, only went to the beach there. Cozumel we did the snorkel and beach party, Belize cave tubing, roatan hit the beach and grand cayman sting ray sand bar and snorkel.. Highly recommend that! Your tank is looking good with that rescape.

Well I'm home finally, tank survived.... Everyone is still alive and well, damn green monti was flipped over on the sand bed so that should be ok, birds nest was on the sand bed, put everything back in place they should pull threw, birds nest has some white tips from laying on the sand bed so I need to get some reef puddy and make sure that never happens again.

I'm guessing you havent bred them before??

Glad trip was good and tank held in there.

Thanks Twan im very happy everything was fine execpt the upside down green monti and birds nest, going to grab some reef puddy shortly. Your tank is looking great, Whats the next fishy gonna be?

I'm guessing you havent bred them before??

I stare at them everytime im at the store... Just very boring to me...

Side notes, Im considering grabing another mp10 for the other side of the tank or upgrading the pump, its rated at 295 gph, but i may grab a different pump in the 350-400 gph range. Any way my zoa garden on the top right side of the rocks is in explosion mode. Tons and tons of new zoa heads!

Your tank is looking great, Whats the next fishy gonna be?

My 1st fish, the starry blenny, is always out and about, fat and healthy.

My 2nd fish, the yasha haze goby, is only out to eat, seems pretty pissy, has poor eating habits.

My 3rd fish, the kuerti wrasse, pulled a houdini on day 2 and was never seen again (no body anywhere).

I want to add a pair of naked or skunk clowns and a Flame angel as my last fish(s).

Before then I would need to add any more timid species.

I have a credit with Divers Den, so I am waiting for a Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse to be added or a trio of cardinal fish 1st before I seek the clowns/angel.

My 1st fish, the starry blenny, is always out and about, fat and healthy.

My 2nd fish, the yasha haze goby, is only out to eat, seems pretty pissy, has poor eating habits.

My 3rd fish, the kuerti wrasse, pulled a houdini on day 2 and was never seen again (no body anywhere).

I want to add a pair of naked or skunk clowns and a Flame angel as my last fish(s).

Before then I would need to add any more timid species.

I have a credit with Divers Den, so I am waiting for a Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse to be added or a trio of cardinal fish 1st before I seek the clowns/angel.

Naked clowns look sweet!

So just did a 5gal wc and pulled the little mesh cover off the mp10 to clean it and have left it off and seems like much more flow.. Hmmm can that little mesh thing really prevent that much flow?? And sad news that pissed me off, Midwest coral farms closed to focus on there wholesale facility! Damn it!!!! So really only nice place around me now is reef wise. At least there's still one decent place.

Cool spooling turbo there.

And regarding the MP10.. I never saw nor do I see any need for that sponge cover. Leave it off. It does inhibit flow and its pointless. I like to think that my fish are educated enough not to swim into the whirling vortech. lol They were aqua cultured after all.

Cool spooling turbo there.

And regarding the MP10.. I never saw nor do I see any need for that sponge cover. Leave it off. It does inhibit flow and its pointless. I like to think that my fish are educated enough not to swim into the whirling vortech. lol They were aqua cultured after all.

Found that pic a few years ago, exact same turbo i have in my STi except mine is a Twinscroll hta 35r instead of a single scroll 35r. blah blah.... Yea the only reason i put it on there was a while back my diamond goby got sucked in to it, then the poor murdered two spot goby. Next diamond goby i get will be a little larger. Hopefully my midas blenny doesnt get curious.

Archived