Innovative Marine Aquariums

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

hey, it was u that has the special grade sand and the diamond goby right? is it normal for alot of "dust" to be floating around? not sand but i guess buildup of gunk in the sand?

Yea buddy, for the first few days it was a bit dusty when he did his initial clean up, but now not much at all, and yea we got the same sand

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron
Yea buddy, for the first few days it was a bit dusty when he did his initial clean up, but now not much at all, and yea we got the same sand

Cool....I thought so....

Wait til u see what he did with the sand near his hole lol

Cool....I thought so....

Wait til u see what he did with the sand near his hole lol

Haha I bet dude! Mine has tunnels under both rocks

How often do you feel your nem?

Every 2-3 days

Blah, stupid iPad auto text....

That is my favorite part about it....

That's cool. I don't even cut the pumps off anymore for a wc. Just the skimmer and Mp10. That switch is definitely a cool idea.

Thanks to a fellow member i ordered one of these the other day, Labeled it and cleaned up some wires behind it, Dont mind the wires for the ato next to the homedepot bucket.. cpl iphone pics

stand2.jpg

stand1.jpg

Looselyhuman
Thanks to a fellow member i ordered one of these the other day, Labeled it and cleaned up some wires behind it, Dont mind the wires for the ato next to the homedepot bucket.. cpl iphone pics

stand2.jpg

stand1.jpg

Looks good - way more organized than mine. :)

Looks good - way more organized than mine. :)

Thanks for the link to purchase it... I like to keep it clean and semi organized unlike the biocube that was a mess of wires.

stand2.jpg

stand1.jpg

LOL, I just hooked up the same switch system, how are you liking yours?

LOL, I just hooked up the same switch system, how are you liking yours?

Love it! So much easier just flipping a switch for water changes and just basic organization...

Ordered a new pump for a bit more turnover in the system rio 1400 rated at 420gph, will adjust flow down a bit, replace current pump that's about 260gph. Still really want to try that cad light nano bio pellet reactor out....... Decisions

Still awaiting the marinedepot order.. Damn labor day screwed everything up and wont get it till thursday. Also ordered the new cadlights nano biopellet reactor with 150ml of biopellets. its something ive wanted to try for awhile and i have plenty of space for it so well see how it goes. Also ordered replacement filters and di resin for my brs ro/di unit.

• 1 month later...
Pic update? Update your FTS.

Will do when I get home tonight, finally added a new rock on the right side and mounted the purple haze monti to it.

While those power bars are nice they provide no protection of your tank. I used to be a firm believer in using them as the kept the tank area organized until my heater killed my tank. I'll never be without an aquarium controller again.

While those power bars are nice they provide no protection of your tank. I used to be a firm believer in using them as the kept the tank area organized until my heater killed my tank. I'll never be without an aquarium controller again.

Yea I know I have no protection.. I might grab one someday but I'd want the reef keeper with the Internet hook up so I could control it from the phone. But don't want to spend the 500 yet. Maybe black Friday I'll find a deal

Quick update... Everything seems to be on cruise control right now. And lots of growth! The nem is freaking huge now! Birdsnest growing like a weed. Finally added a new rock in the back right. Still deciding on another new fish. Flame angel or potters angel maybe lemon peel angel i dunno. Got the cadlights biopellet reactor and tried out something else before i decided to use it..... In my tank i need to replace the chemipure elite and purigen once a month instead of every 2.5 months and everything including the algae that use to grow on the sand bed stays in check. On to the pics

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

And the green monti encrusting all over the live rock

IMG_1033.jpg

Wow dude everything looks amazing! I'm having Nemis envy.

That sucks about the chemi pure change once a month. I think I'm going that route as well. Just Doesn't last that long with more volume and more corals. When I had the bio cube I was changing out the Chemie pure once every five months but with this new set up I think once a month will have to work.

What's your peak intensity now?

Wow dude everything looks amazing! I'm having Nemis envy.

That sucks about the chemi pure change once a month. I think I'm going that route as well. Just Doesn't last that long with more volume and more corals. When I had the bio cube I was changing out the Chemie pure once every five months but with this new set up I think once a month will have to work.

What's your peak intensity now?

Thanks man... Peak intensity is 64%white and 68% blues... Starts at 4pm 1hr ramp up and stays like that for an hour.

Anyone with thoughts on a potters angel?

I love Pygmy angels. Problem is they aren't compatible with various things and they don't eat, but nip sps and some will go after inverts. I tested this theory and I could grow sps. Took out the angel..sps grew. I'd say if it was a large tank with large colonies it might work, but sadly angels just really aren't reef compatible.

Archived