Innovative Marine Aquariums

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love Pygmy angels. Problem is they aren't compatible with various things and they don't eat, but nip sps and some will go after inverts. I tested this theory and I could grow sps. Took out the angel..sps grew. I'd say if it was a large tank with large colonies it might work, but sadly angels just really aren't reef compatible.

Poop! I had a flame angel before in the biocube for 2yrs and never nipped at any corals, Sooo well see what else id possibly like.

Looks like you're tank is settling in nicely!

Yes sir! Awaiting this damn sol to Vega conversion!

Well dont know if the star fish will make it past mp10 round 2, one or 2 of its legs are chewed up and a missing a piece. So we shall see

About the Angel. If you want it, get it. Just my thoughts on it. If you look around you'll see similar results in a mixed reef.

About the Angel. If you want it, get it. Just my thoughts on it. If you look around you'll see similar results in a mixed reef.

Well see, I may just go with a flame angel cause the last 2 I had there were no issues with, if there is going to be then my lfs will take it back, he does have a blue spot jawfish I'd love to have as well, side note the star is still alive and seems to be fine despite having 3 of the 6 legs chopped off...

Well went to Reefwise today and decided on my final fish, always have loved jawfish and he had 2 blue spot jaw's after probably an hour of starring I had to have him! After all the pro's and con's of a dwarf angel I decided against one. Watching kgoldys sig clip made me want one even more. Acclimating now!

Awesome. I saw some one made a PVC house for a jaw fish once. They hid it under a rock and some sand. Any plans for something like that or are you gonna let him do his thing? How deep is your sand bed?

Awesome. I saw some one made a PVC house for a jaw fish once. They hid it under a rock and some sand. Any plans for something like that or are you gonna let him do his thing? How deep is your sand bed?

I might do a little house for him but for now ima see what he does, we'll the diamond goby has made it a nice slope, but the right side is about 3" and the left is probably 1.5 in the front of the tank and 3 in the back so well see, it's such a cool fish to watch so hopefully he works out, when I release him I'm going to release him near the new rock I put in since its nice and deep there

Just keep an eye on your back chambers. I had one in a Biocube and he kept jumping in the back. They are real cool! Get some pics.

Will do, when ever i walk away from the tank the screen top goes on it, same thing my lfs said was to make sure there's a cover cause they like to jump... Hopefully he settles in some where

Well since the intro of the blue spot jaw fish my Midas blenny must be suffering an emotional breakdown, the blenny was always out and about swimming eating and now won't come out of its hole unless forced and breathing heavily for the last 3 days! :( quite upsetting since that was my fav fish..... Hopefully it gets outta it's funk and doesn't die on me. The gf is quite upset and said get rid of the jawfish.

Well since the intro of the blue spot jaw fish my Midas blenny must be suffering an emotional breakdown, the blenny was always out and about swimming eating and now won't come out of its hole unless forced and breathing heavily for the last 3 days! :( quite upsetting since that was my fav fish..... Hopefully it gets outta it's funk and doesn't die on me. The gf is quite upset and said get rid of the jawfish.

Send the jawfish to me lol. No, seriously :P

Live Aquaria lists the two as compatible with caution. Can't really find anything else in the 3 minutes I looked. Assuming its kinda like having a blenny (larger like Midas or Fire Tail) and a Firefish. Midas would nip the Firefish just cause it was hanging out and not swimming around. I used to laugh about it cause it looked like he was just checking to see if it was alive like 'wtf are you doing dude?' But it did stress the Firefish out.

Just lost my BSJ on Tuesday night. They are master escape artists especially at night. My tank was covered and he still managed to find a 1/4" gap in my lid and land about 3 feet in front of the tank. They're great fish during the day. Mine mostly kept to himself in one of his 3 burrows and ate like a pig. Every night about 9pm when just the blue lights were on, he would be all over the place especially at the water line.

Def a very cool fish and will be missed. But I won't miss checking the floor every morning before I looked at the tank.

Live Aquaria lists the two as compatible with caution. Can't really find anything else in the 3 minutes I looked. Assuming its kinda like having a blenny (larger like Midas or Fire Tail) and a Firefish. Midas would nip the Firefish just cause it was hanging out and not swimming around. I used to laugh about it cause it looked like he was just checking to see if it was alive like 'wtf are you doing dude?' But it did stress the Firefish out.

I checked live aquaria before I purchased the blue spot aswell, the Midas was larger than the blue spot aswell, at this point I'm not sure. Albert suggested re-scaping a bit to help with the territory's but i dunno.

Just lost my BSJ on Tuesday night. They are master escape artists especially at night. My tank was covered and he still managed to find a 1/4" gap in my lid and land about 3 feet in front of the tank. They're great fish during the day. Mine mostly kept to himself in one of his 3 burrows and ate like a pig. Every night about 9pm when just the blue lights were on, he would be all over the place especially at the water line.

Def a very cool fish and will be missed. But I won't miss checking the floor every morning before I looked at the tank.

Definitly keep my screen top on at all times with him, I do wake up in the middle of the night and check on the blue spot and yep he's out and about swimming and exploring then during the day just chills in his burrow, def a sweet ass fish. Sorry to hear about your jumper

This is making me want one. But yeah...not in a 30 shallow...

Lol do it!!! Naw if you don't think there's enough room maybe not. So the ai had a thunderstorm tonight and the blue spot seemed like he was loving it, swimming back and forth along the top of the tank. The Midas essss no bueno, still won't eat or leave its hole, so sadly ill start to look for its replacement in the coming weeks

So what happened to him exactly?

No idea.... Added jawfish last sat, next day he was sad and depressed and wouldn't eat, they never fought, he just gave up on life I guess. Everyone is happy as can be and the parameters never changed.

He knew you had a new favorite. Usually if the more aggressive fish is introduced later there aren't as many issues, if any.

Haha Definitly is, gonna try and get a new Midas sometime this weekend

Archived