inTank Media Baskets

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

Any update? :)

Hmmm well... just went to reef wise and grabed a couple items.. He had some awesome reef glue so i can glue down the birdsnest and green monti... Picked up a frag of his purple haze monti, (he's had the mother colony for 20years) and picked up a 2 headed purple skinned orange dendro... I hope it opens up fine. Wanted some more colors to pop in the tank. Pics later once everything is in place!

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

photo.jpg

image.jpg

My new orange purple bodied dendro's, and purple haze in front of the frogspawn. Havent figured out a location for that yet.

Nice dendros!!

Thanks, This morning they kinda fell over onto the birdsnest, Guess i need to use some more glue, After doing a little more research realizing they are non-photosynthetic i think i may move them to somewhere a little less in direct light but still in medium to strong current. Not sure where yet, for now the are on the sand bed

Stupid gbta is on the move again, moved himself in front of the birdsnest I glued down right behind the Duncan's! Bastard!!

Just got home from vegas and my gf kept everyone nice and happy! When i walked in at 2am first thing i did was check the tank and man those orange dendro's are huge at night time! Then went and said hi to my lady who said jeeze check on the fish first huh... lol. yep! Well off to either find a 2 spot goby or diamond today.. Hopefully

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally invested in a marine depot refractometer! Man shoulda got this awhile ago, I've been using a hydrometer and was Definitly off. Hydrometer reads 1.024 but was really 1.028, so with this water change I brought the salinity back down to 1.024-5, also grabbed another 2 spot goby put him in a breeder box for 2 days, dropped him in over night woke up today and he was being murdered again, pulled him out and took him back to the lfs for credit and got a larger diamond goby who won't be screwed with.

Ordering the ecotech back up for the mp10 and calcium/alk red sea tester and some 2 part.

Birdsnest is doing great and so is the green monti, still have to put the purple haze monti somewhere and the orange dendros

Yes I need one as well. With all the money I've spent on this kind of stuff you'd think I would have been smart enough over te last three years to buy the most basic item....nope! You've motivated me.

Yes I need one as well. With all the money I've spent on this kind of stuff you'd think I would have been smart enough over te last three years to buy the most basic item....nope! You've motivated me.

Order it already!

So on Friday I returned the 2 spot goby for credit and got a mediumish sized diamond goby, well he's been in for 4 days and the sand bed is nice and clean, the water change I did on sat I used a net and took off the top layer of algae on the bed and he's kept it all nice and clean since! I'm contemplating trying ben's sugar dosing but not 100% yet. Maybe a slightly larger bag of chemipure elite next time or try a gfo reactor. Another ? For anyone who checks my thread how often should these filters be changed on a ro/di unit, the color changing resin on my 75gpd unit, the bottom half of the resin has changed color so maybe time for a refresh? I got it last November.

Order it already!

So on Friday I returned the 2 spot goby for credit and got a mediumish sized diamond goby, well he's been in for 4 days and the sand bed is nice and clean, the water change I did on sat I used a net and took off the top layer of algae on the bed and he's kept it all nice and clean since! I'm contemplating trying ben's sugar dosing but not 100% yet. Maybe a slightly larger bag of chemipure elite next time or try a gfo reactor. Another ? For anyone who checks my thread how often should these filters be changed on a ro/di unit, the color changing resin on my 75gpd unit, the bottom half of the resin has changed color so maybe time for a refresh? I got it last November.

Nice tank! I think the recommendation on sediment and carbon block is every 6 months but if you have a pressure gauge built in it should show a drop if either is clogging. I think the carbon block removes the chlorine and protects the RO membrane. Try searching on azdesertrat and rodi - he posts a lot on water quality and seems well informed.

Nice tank! I think the recommendation on sediment and carbon block is every 6 months but if you have a pressure gauge built in it should show a drop if either is clogging. I think the carbon block removes the chlorine and protects the RO membrane. Try searching on azdesertrat and rodi - he posts a lot on water quality and seems well informed.

Will do, i was also looking on brs website and a replacement kit for all the filters is only 20 bucks. So I may just order it just incase.

Here's a quick iphone pic, Sand bed is now spotless thanks to the new diamond goby, Picked up a star fish and a new gonipora last week aswell. The gbta is in a new place on top of my zoa garden... Bastard! But looks huge up there. Ive still been slowly increasing the sol, i think my peak is now 55% white and both blues are at 60%.

nem.jpg

midas.jpg

I have anemone envy. I don't know why I have no luck with them. I have everything else.

Haha envy, this is the first nem I've never had a problem with, granted that was 4 years ago I tried 2 and couldn't keep them alive. But pretty much knew nothing then

Tank looks awesome ! Reef wise has been getting a ton of awesome sps lately plus they keep adding more tanks to the store . The place keeps getting better every time I stop in. What mods have you done to your car ? I just bought a new lancer ralliart last week and I'm dying to add some goodies to it.

I'm feeding my nem... Already after 2 feelings his foot is 1" taller

Nice man, he should bounce back with feedings!

Tank looks awesome ! Reef wise has been getting a ton of awesome sps lately plus they keep adding more tanks to the store . The place keeps getting better every time I stop in. What mods have you done to your car ? I just bought a new lancer ralliart last week and I'm dying to add some goodies to it.

Yea and now he's setting up 4 huge 8ft fish only tanks. I only go to his Shop now, awesome guy with an amazing selection! My brothers gf has a new one aswell, we did the Cobb accessport to it with the stage 1 flash, fun car! My STi... Fully built block and heads twinscroll 35r turbo, twin disc clutch, coilovers Recaro seats roll bar etc.... I road race it so it's a full blown toy for me! Only took 7 years to get it perfect :)

Doing those mods to your brothers girlfriend's car had to void the warranty right ? That's the only thing that's keeping me from doing anything more than a cat back exhaust. I'm nervous that something would go wrong and they would hand me a nice repair bill.

Interesting ... I wanted to do a cat back , boost pill and a tune just to make it a little more fun to drive.

Its all about the tune with these cars! Those mods will Definitly make it more fun

SouthFlorida_Tron

hey, it was u that has the special grade sand and the diamond goby right? is it normal for alot of "dust" to be floating around? not sand but i guess buildup of gunk in the sand?

Archived