Innovative Marine Aquariums

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm diggin this tank, and your vehicular choice. But where are the pics of the BSJ?

Thanks man! You rocking a subie aswell? I seen your vid of nj and thought it was a hood scoop from a wrx. Ill take some pics and post some tonight...

Thanks man! You rocking a subie aswell? I seen your vid of nj and thought it was a hood scoop from a wrx. Ill take some pics and post some tonight...

No thats a Toyota Tundra Kgoldy has. haha

No thats a Toyota Tundra Kgoldy has. haha

Toyota Tacoma*

Her name is Siñorita Taco Mama.

Long Island, NY. You subie guys keep fudging the details. Haha.

Hello fellow Suby owner!

2012SouthFLSubaruCruisecarmeet062.jpg

580914_10150987830129109_1730630362_n.jpg

Looks good, I have the same roll bar except im rocking Recaro profi spg's

He can't be apart of our subie clan without a subie! hahaha

Nope :lol:

Here's a few pics and the first one is the star who seems to be doing well despite his battle with the mp10. And some of my blue spot jawfish...

338.jpg

340.jpg

342.jpg

344.jpg

345.jpg

The blue spot has started a pile of snail shells! :lol:

Is that BSJ tiny or is it just me?

He is a bit on the small side, maybe 3.5" inch which is why i picked him lol, to watch him grow into a snail killer like yours

He is a bit on the small side, maybe 3.5" inch which is why i picked him lol, to watch him grow into a snail killer like yours

Ah. I think it's the large grain sand that's making me thing he's teeny tiny. Mine is actually not a BSJ... I lost three of them to jumping/disappearing. He's a Dusky Eyed Jawfish, he's short and think like a snail killing pitbull.

Ah. I think it's the large grain sand that's making me thing he's teeny tiny. Mine is actually not a BSJ... I lost three of them to jumping/disappearing. He's a Dusky Eyed Jawfish, he's short and think like a snail killing pitbull.

Gotcha pitbull for sure... yea no sugar sand in here. I was told multiple times they are jumpers so my top never comes off unless im in the living room.

Those starfish never seem to learn to not mess with the vortechs right? I had one who would get sucked in all the time, regrow its limbs, and lose another again. Vicious cycle.

Those starfish never seem to learn to not mess with the vortechs right? I had one who would get sucked in all the time, regrow its limbs, and lose another again. Vicious cycle.

Quite a crazy cycle

Love the BSJ!!! I'm seriously considering one, but I've heard they like cooler water and a very deep sand bed?????

Thanks dude, Get one! Not sure about the cooler water but my tank is always about 76-77 and a decent sand bed is recommended if not build a jawfish house like kgoldys

Picked up an awesome new Midas blenny.. Withing the first 30 min of having him yesterday he was out and about swimming up a storm. Skedish when come up to the tank but when chilling on the couch he's constantly exploring.

• 4 weeks later...

Merry Christmas everyone, Soo my wonderful 4 yr old nephew got me some things for my tank, fish accessories, a pineapple that goes under the sea, sponge bob figures all to put in my tank! Lol

Very nice tank dude. Merry Christmas!

Thanks dude!

Well my lfs reefwise got a ORA shipment today so I stopped by and grabbed a garf bonsai looking coral purple bodied neon green polyps and a Marshall island blue bottle brush! And grabbed a emerald crab. Pics later after the acclimation

Also have seriously been considering ditching the chemipure elite and switching to a brs reactor for carbon and using the purigen still and just a little mesh Baggie of gfo in the media basket. Have been battlling some hair algae which I think is the result of the new rock I added 2 months ago was fully ready even though I kept it in a bucket for a month may be leeching phosphates. Any suggestions?

Well bit the bullet and ordered the brs deluxe carbon/gfo reactor and a 1/2 gallon of there premium carbon and 1lb of brs gfo and a union push connect because I had to order the cobalt mj1200 from intank since brs doesn't know when there getting more pumps. Hopefully will be here by Monday so I can set it up before I go back to work next weds. So no more chemipure for me just purigen and this reactor, hopefully I can get everything A bit more stable.

dig the tank. how deep is your sandbed? contemplating a jawfish for my 16g.
thanks between 2-3.5" Definitly an awesome fish, 16g might be tight, LA recommends 30 gal minimum but I guess if you don't have many fish and plenty of rock work for him to burrow should be ok.

All the BRS goodies finally came in tonight... Stupid ups always so late. Gonna mix up 3 extra gallons of water for when I set everything up tomorrow, cobalt mj1200 is going in the bottom of the media basket where the chemipure elite normally goes then the return line from the reactor will get plumbed into the chamber Where the protein skimmer is at.

Archived