SaltCritters.com

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

I truly believe that everything happens in cycles. You have a bloom, it goes away. Sps grows great, it slows and gets good again. Leathers shrivel and come back. Just replace your Elite and give it time.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I truly believe that everything happens in cycles. You have a bloom, it goes away. Sps grows great, it slows and gets good again. Leathers shrivel and come back. Just replace your Elite and give it time.

I agree with everything in cycles. No more elite in here, brs reactor with carbon and gfo.

New Jawfish seems to be doing quite well and loves his jawfish house which I put under the sand and next to the opening I put the Duncan colony which now has 25heads. I'm going to continue to drop the temp in the tank to 76 from 77.5 and soak mysis and pellets in selcon to help boost all immune systems.

Glad to hear this! So far so good for mine. He was in the "U" tube I made him for a coule of days, but now he's back in underneath the big rock sculpture and sits pretty much right in front!

I just can't get a decent pic of him. :angry:

Glad to hear this! So far so good for mine. He was in the "U" tube I made him for a coule of days, but now he's back in underneath the big rock sculpture and sits pretty much right in front!

I just can't get a decent pic of him. :angry:

Lol they quick and don't like to be photogenic for a few weeks. Mine has ditched the house now for a spot in the back of the tank where I can't see him. The other day I was feeding pellets and he would swallow it then swim out and spit it back at me. So I would suck it up in the turkey baster and blast it back at him then the same thing, he'd swallow it then spit it at me, we did this like 5 times... Bastard just eat it this isn't a game!

Some video from Vail, my gopro was mounted to his helmet the hole time, he ski's I board. Used 15 of the 75 video clips for this short vid, gotta edit all the good stuff still. The last 2 days were awesome with about 2ft of snow in the back bowls. We planned a trip to Jackson hole next yr.

I'll never forget the time I went skiing as a kid, my feet froze lol
lol..... Me too, it was miserable but I just kept saying I'm fine I'm fine lets keep going. Now a days I'm never cold.... Too much nice ass equipment and clothes keep you toasty no matter how cold it is.

New Jawfish seems to be doing quite well, When i wake up in the morning hes just kinda chillen out in the open, then come home and hes back in his house. Definitly my fav fish, there personality is just awesome. Just cpl quick pics, and after the 3 day lights out i sucked up as much hair algae as i could now i need to beef up my cuc time to call reef cleaners. I also upped my gfo carbon mix to 6 table spoons carbon 4.5 tablespoons of gfo. Hope the new fuge lite gets here soon so i can add some more cheato to the fuge.

Jaw_zps89cb2bc0.jpg

jaw2_zps966f973d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well today was water change day/reactor media change/tlc day. 2hrs later swapped out my carbon/gfo mix in the reactor for just gfo right now to try something different. Put the rf chip in my mp10es then put the new mp10wes in synced them moved my existing mp10 to the middle of the glass on the right side and put the new mp10 in the top right of the left side. And only 50%.... Holy flow!!! The nem was getting blown of his rock. Guess ill observe then dial it in so nothing is too violent. Pics later today after everything is nice and clean.

Oh and man I'm shocked how quiet the new mp10 is, guess ill follow nanotopias guide and replace the bearings in the older one... It's 50 today. Off to start the gsxr and take a ride.

Oh and man I'm shocked how quiet the new mp10 is, guess ill follow nanotopias guide and replace the bearings in the older one... It's 50 today. Off to start the gsxr and take a ride.

I have been meaning to do this. My 3 year old mp10 has a slight whine to it that will just not do.

Oh man, just sas the pics of yer BSJ! So cool. I almost ordered another one, but I got a black cap jaw fish instead.

Also, gotta love two MP10's!!! I just placed and order for another!

How much is it to fix the noise?

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/313810-ecotech-vortech-mp10-es-dry-side-bearing-replacement-guide-by-nanotopia/

29$x2 for the good ceramic ones

Oh man, just sas the pics of yer BSJ! So cool. I almost ordered another one, but I got a black cap jaw fish instead.

Also, gotta love two MP10's!!! I just placed and order for another!

Thanks Mark. Seriously if something happens to this one I'm going with a pair of yellow head jawfish or the black cap. And yea the flow pattern is pretty awesome.

I have been meaning to do this. My 3 year old mp10 has a slight whine to it that will just not do.

Do it! But man this new one is silent!! Barely even had to adjust it. Can't wait to replace the bearing in the other one.

That birds nest and nem always look sick man. Makes me want to try another anemone every time I see it. TELL ME YOUR SECRET!

That birds nest and nem always look sick man. Makes me want to try another anemone every time I see it. TELL ME YOUR SECRET!

Ohhhhh Snap my 1000th post! Dude I'm not even sure myself! Lol I followed all trons suggestions from the get go, good light good flow good food and feedings the rest is history for me. I've had the nem now for 1yr and 3 months. It's huge when fully open like 10-12" across when it spreads out.

Lets see what else in the future... I keep waiting for ai to start the upgrade to vega but then I keep going back and forth between that and a radion cause then I can have the light synced to the 2 mp10s which would be awesome. Definitely need to get a doser ASAP the one Decks recommend or the bubble magnus, my Ora bonsai and bottle brush are browning with the low cal and alk. Picking up a reef savvy 28x28x14 in the next few weeks. But I'm gonna store it till I figure out if I'm gonna move or stay where I'm at. I want a full apex system also. Love my gadgets!

So that's pretty much a shallow tank? Nice.

I'm gonna have to look up that nem info. Can't believe I've known 'known' you guys for over a year. And in some cases over 2. That's crazy.

Yea pretty much a shallow tank, can't wait for it and to have a sump. And it's pretty wild how we get to know each other threw these forums. Everyone bounces ideas and info off each other to better everyone's tanks.

Man AI is loosing customers. They need to speed things up with this upgrade option. I keep flip flopping between lights. That's going to look real good!

Man AI is loosing customers. They need to speed things up with this upgrade option. I keep flip flopping between lights. That's going to look real good!

Yea they do! I really wanted to do the upgrade and Teflontom's tank looks sick with 2 Vegas. But after seeing and talking with tron I want the radion, and it will all sync together with 2 mp10's will be slick.

Archived