Pod Your Reef

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

Got a new goby to replace my diamond goby that got eaten by the mp10. Was gonna go with another diamond cause they keep the sand bed nice and clean. But saw a 2 spot goby, he was sifting the sand in there tank so I decieded to grab him, cool little fish and beefed up the clean up crew a bit with some more turbo snails and cerith snails and some blue leg crabs

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks great. Can't remember, did you go with dry rock for this?

Yep. Bulkreefsupply reef saver rock. Poor 2 spot goby is getten beaten up by my 6line wrasse. His 2 spots on his fins are gone! Bastard fish

LOL....got it. I did not know that they made custom.

Yep, he did for a little bit, he is super busy and I think he had said he's decided to not do customs for right now

albertthiel

Very nice looking and the pics are OK even if you used a point and shoot ...

What size it the tank if I may ask?

Albert

Dbl thanks!

Heres a cpl fts and my Midas Blenny has been exploring some more. Had to entice him with food for the pic

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

I need a better camera looks way better in person.. Damn canon point and shoot

Very nice looking and the pics are OK even if you used a point and shoot ...

What size it the tank if I may ask?

Albert

42 gallons

Well my 6line wrasse aka spaz pretty much has killed the 2 spot goby. After being hidden for the last day he came out today and was literally beaten to hell. I saw the 6 line attack the crap outta him. Grab him by the head/dorsal fin and chomp away. Kinda sad cause it was such a pretty fish

Ohh man sorry to hear that. My 6line in the past tank was well behaved and added last.

Your 6line was in the tank 1st and the 2spot a replacement for the diamond right?

Ohh man sorry to hear that. My 6line in the past tank was well behaved and added last.

Your 6line was in the tank 1st and the 2spot a replacement for the diamond right?

Yea, the 6line and clown goby were first. And the 2 spot was replacing the diamond goby. He was a bit on the small side and as soon as he was put in the 6line was on him like white on rice. And normally a fish would go hide and but the 2 spot would just run and not hide and get the crap kicked outta it.

That's the one thing I don't like about wrasses. You add them last in hopes other fish have marked their grounds and the wrasse is the new guy and has to fall in line and will not bully. But what happens when you need to replace a fish and the wrasse is still in there? Sucks and I am not sure how to counter act it.

You dont want to remove the 6line.

You want to add more fish.

You dont want to add another fish more agressive then the 6line, you want to add more easy going replacements.

You could try using a small breeder box. From Petco like $6. Get them acquainted for two days, feed the tank at the end of the light cycle for the day and add the new fish then. Not sure if this works in that way. I paired a new clown with a pre existing one using the breeder box.

Or you could catch the wrasse and put it in qt for a week while the other fish acclimates the tank, then add the wrasse again.

You could try using a small breeder box. From Petco like $6. Get them acquainted for two days, feed the tank at the end of the light cycle for the day and add the new fish then. Not sure if this works in that way. I paired a new clown with a pre existing one using the breeder box.

Or you could catch the wrasse and put it in qt for a week while the other fish acclimates the tank, then add the wrasse again.

I think i may try this next, poor guy just had to take a ride down the porcelain highway

Did you try saving the 2 spot goby at least?? lol

Lol oh yea... My gf woke me up this morning and said your new fishy is out and stuck to the side of the mp10 foam cover. He's been hiding for 2 days, after I turned down the mp10 I saw the carnage. All his fins were eaten and the 6 line wasn't having it. He would lock on and shake him like a dog. So I pulled him out and put him in the refugium and 1 hour later he gave up on life.

Deleted User 4
Lol oh yea... My gf woke me up this morning and said your new fishy is out and stuck to the side of the mp10 foam cover. He's been hiding for 2 days, after I turned down the mp10 I saw the carnage. All his fins were eaten and the 6 line wasn't having it. He would lock on and shake him like a dog. So I pulled him out and put him in the refugium and 1 hour later he gave up on life.

Ahh I see, sucks... take out that six-line!!!

Stopped by and checked out a new lfs. Reef wise... Wow crazy awesome coral selection. Tons of sps and all sorts of stuff. Ended up grabing a frag of birds nest and green monti... Now just have to decide where to put them.

Deleted User 4
Stopped by and checked out a new lfs. Reef wise... Wow crazy awesome coral selection. Tons of sps and all sorts of stuff. Ended up grabing a frag of birds nest and green monti... Now just have to decide where to put them.

Sweet.. new pictures?

Sweet.. new pictures?

Yea probably Friday after i do a water change and put them in place off the sand bed.

1 month old Fts...

IMG_0964.jpg

And some more random pics, The gbta moved itself foward a bit. Other than that the new birsdsnest seems happy lots of little fuzzy's or pe? I hope the monti attaches itself where i placed it and starts to grow outward.

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

Deleted User 4

Nice, looks clean and fresh!!!! But if I were you, I'd get rid of those xenia. Next thing you know, it'll take over the other rocks and you will have no room for other nice corals. Just my opinion though.

Archived