SaltCritters.com

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

Sorry, I'm sure it's in the thread somewhere...what are the dims on this tank and what thickness glass?

30"Long x 20"deep x 16" high 3/8" all starphire glass and custom sump area. Pretty sure its all done and Chris will be filling it up and test and tuning it this weekend to make sure everything flows ok. Pick up on my next day off which is next weds :angry: Damn you Costco!!

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. Simply sick.

Thanks should be pretty awesome.

tank looks awesome dude.... :)

Thanks man not as awesome as your new one but this should be pretty perfect for now.

Whats your lighting schedule like. I couldn't find it.

It's on the first page

Time    Ramp    White-Blue-Royalblue

12pm      30          10%-15%-15%

1pm         60           15%-20%-20%

230     90           20%-25%-25%

430    30          35%-39%-39%

6pm       60           25%-25%-25%

7pm       30           20%-20%-20%

830     45          15%-15%-15%

930      30          5%-8%-8%

11pm        30           0%-2%-0%

25%  1 thunderstorm

So what kinda overflow you gonna go with? Tank looks great.

All this bike talk has got me itching again

It's actually an all in one with a custom 4.5" sump area which is about 10gal since the tank is 42gal.

He sent me pic of of it all finished yesterday and Damn!!! It's sexy! A bike itch huh?? Nothing like the freedom of flyIng around on one!

nyknicks4412

How is that ai sol mounted to your stand? I'd be interested in doing something like that if its just simple parts you bought from home depot....

How is that ai sol mounted to your stand? I'd be interested in doing something like that if its just simple parts you bought from home depot....

Actually I used simple L brackets from homedepot and took out the center support and just mounted them to the wall. But I'm picking up custom brackets from Chris @ PicO tomorrow to raise the lite up higher.

nyknicks4412
Actually I used simple L brackets from homedepot and took out the center support and just mounted them to the wall. But I'm picking up custom brackets from Chris @ PicO tomorrow to raise the lite up higher.

Ah nice is he making the stand too or? Is that something he makes available to everyone as I'd definitely be interested in something like that? Would it be possible to mount them to the tank?

Ah nice is he making the stand too or? Is that something he makes available to everyone as I'd definitely be interested in something like that? Would it be possible to mount them to the tank?

Nope I made my own stand... Gave him the dimensions of the tank the sump area custom chambers etc.. Then he gave me an estimate and we went from there. Awesome guy and amazing work! I'm sure you could fixture out a mounting system to the stand but didn't want to go that route. The brackets are very similar to Tron's except they come out 16" and have some play as how far I want them out over the tank.

nyknicks4412
Nope I made my own stand... Gave him the dimensions of the tank the sump area custom chambers etc.. Then he gave me an estimate and we went from there. Awesome guy and amazing work! I'm sure you could fixture out a mounting system to the stand but didn't want to go that route. The brackets are very similar to Tron's except they come out 16" and have some play as how far I want them out over the tank.

Nice I'll check out both options...trying to figure out how to mount this ai sol above my next tank without using any of the ceilings or walls around it. Thanks for your help!

Nice I'll check out both options...trying to figure out how to mount this ai sol above my next tank without using any of the ceilings or walls around it. Thanks for your help!

Cad lights had a nice mount I thought about buying that you would attach to the stand. Check it out on there website

Picked up my new tank from Chris @ PicO yesterday and WOW!!!!!! It's is freakin awesome!! His work is by far the best ive ever seem! Looks huge on the stand! Can't wait to set it up. Ordered the tunze 9002 and inTank cup today for it. Still have to decide if I'm going to trans plant my sand or use something a bit thicker

SouthFlorida_Tron
Picked up my new tank from Chris @ PicO yesterday and WOW!!!!!! It's is freakin awesome!! His work is by far the best ive ever seem! Looks huge on the stand! Can't wait to set it up. Ordered the tunze 9002 and inTank cup today for it. Still have to decide if I'm going to trans plant my sand or use something a bit thicker

I would use fresh sand regardless, and I'm happy with bigger sand cuz I can crank the flow without sandstorms...

Pics plz!

I would use fresh sand regardless, and I'm happy with bigger sand cuz I can crank the flow without sandstorms...

Pics plz!

Just 2 quick pics, first one is the pic Chris sent me 2nd is in my garage, Didnt want to unwrap it yet till i take it upstairs in person its AWESOME and BIG the gf is probably gonna say wtf you said just a little bigger that the bicocube :huh: . And got some custom brackets similar to yours except mine come out 16" from the wall. The sand you grabed what color is it? I like! Im gonna get the Carabsea Arag-Alive Special Grade Reef Sand aswell. I think i'll do 30lbs of it. Waiting on the tunze 9002 from inTank and i think i'll order the Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 from marinedepot along with Eheim Jager 100w heater.

newPicO2.jpg

newPicO3.jpg

Oh and you cant really see but Chris made a awesome plastic surround for the back of the tank instead of vinyl... Kinda like the biocube and a nice small trim piece along the bottom.

Well live aquaria had a 10% off coupon so i ordered Purigen, Chemipure elite, 20lb bag of Caribsea Arag-alive special reef grade sand and a 100w ehiem jager heater.

Then got a 5 buck off cpn from bulkreefsupply so i bit the bullet and ordered the tunze 3155 osmolator and used up my points aswell so got a good deal on everything today!

So pretty much have everything ready for the new tank when it all comes in.

Everything has arrived. Although i may grab another 10lb bag of reef grade sand. Looking at how big the tank is i dont think the 20lbs is enough. First coat of paint is on the stand and drying 2nd coat goes on tomorrow hopefully and Leak test the tank again on friday??? Hopefully.... Then maybe swap everything over next week.

Ok so the new PicO has been in the garage on the stand for 2days filled up leak testing. All good. Grabed an extra 20lb bag of Caribsea arag-alive reef grade sand to make it 40lbs. threw it in a 5gal bucket with water from my last water change. Pretty much all ready to swap everything. Probably going to make 10gal of fresh water for the transfer. All the water from the biocube will be going into the pico plus probably need about 5-8 gallons of fresh salwater ready so 10 should be good.

Archived