SaltCritters.com

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

mmmm Could I get some closer pics of your corals? :D

Yea for sure, I'll take some tomorrow when I get home from work.

Unshure if this was said. but how thick is the glass on this tank? This tank looks freaking sweet by the way!

Thanks! It's 3/8" starphire glass

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Nice for sure. myself shopping around for 30x16x13 aio starphire. 1/4" glass or have 2 ada style 10gal side by side one FW other SW.

Thanks. Nice for sure. myself shopping around for 30x16x13 aio starphire. 1/4" glass or have 2 ada style 10gal side by side one FW other SW.

It is deffinitly the nicest tank ive owned. Ive been doing sw for the last 4 years with the biocube and before that was a 65g corner tank full of oscars and african cyclids i had for 6 years. 2 ada side by side would be pretty sweet.

How are you liking the clear seams vs black?

I like the clear seams much more cause visually i thought the black corners just didnt look right to me, So im glad i went clear.

mmmm Could I get some closer pics of your corals? :D

Snapped a few pics with my little canon point and shoot.

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

The watermelon zoas have freakin grown like crazy same with the xenia, The frogspawn started as one head and now has split into 2, The Duncan was 2 headed and now has 5. The gonipora hates leds and has shrank to almost nothing.. i dont know what to do with it, its my gf's favorite coral.

Ive placed an order threw midwest coral farm for a midas blenny and once it arrives im going to grab a bunch of frags and boost the clean up crew with a more snails a few crabs and a star. Still love my gbta and watching the clown chill in it, The black clown goes no where near it though

Nice zoas!!

Thanks, I'd like it to continue covering that whole rock. I need some more crazy colored ones...

So clear! Looks great. Get rid of the Xenia before its too late!!

You guys keep telling me it's the weeds of the reef tank. I think with the mp10 blowing at 100% it's pretty much stuck there so well see. I like the movement of it

Well a lfs 10 min from my house was having a 40% off sale and they happen To have 1 Midas blenny in stock, me and my gf were out on my gixxer and she had a back pack on.. So after starting at him for 30 min I decided to snatch him up

Deleted User 4
Well a lfs 10 min from my house was having a 40% off sale and they happen To have 1 Midas blenny in stock, me and my gf were out on my gixxer and she had a back pack on.. So after starting at him for 30 min I decided to snatch him up

Awesome timing. Pictures please??? :D

Awesome timing. Pictures please??? :D

Once he comes out... As soon as I put him in the tank... He backed him self into the live rock and only his head is poking out.

Well Mr. Midas Blenny is starting to come out more and more, Still only hiding on the left side of the tank but man what an awesome fish, The colors are crazy and how he changes color is so sweet. pics of him soon hopefully and definitly want to grab a star similar to IIX's

Outlets710

Love your rock, colored up nicely, where did you get rock and what grade is your sand bed? definitely going with that.

Nice STi.

Tank is sexy as hell.

Dbl thanks!

Heres a cpl fts and my Midas Blenny has been exploring some more. Had to entice him with food for the pic

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

I need a better camera looks way better in person.. Damn canon point and shoot

Outlets710
The rock is http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/produc...m-eco-rock.html and yea it colored up quite nicely. Sand I went with Carib-sea arag-alive reef grade sand about 35lbs of it.

Lookn good

Perfect thanks. Wow 35 lbs and I will go at least deep as you have it. My DT is actually 27x14 to where yours is what, 30x16? Guess I can add 35lbs to the check list.

It's just scares the bjesus out of me ordereding rock since we don't really need that much. It's a hit or a miss. You got lucky, I could end up w all boulders and we have no where really to hide them, than what.ill still give them a call tomorrow though.

Btw I love Xenia. Everyone says its a beginners coral and a weed but it's one of my favorites,hell I have a damn shrub of it now growing. I have always just isolated it on its own rock so that way it can't take over and it just gets thicker and prettier..

I haven't been receiving updates on your thread , it says I'm currently receiving email notifications under options before I send, something else I need to do, is the only way to do it is go to the main page and select subscribe under tool? I believe I just answeredmy own question.

Lookn good

Perfect thanks. Wow 35 lbs and I will go at least deep as you have it. My DT is actually 27x14 to where yours is what, 30x16? Guess I can add 35lbs to the check list.

It's just scares the bjesus out of me ordereding rock since we don't really need that much. It's a hit or a miss. You got lucky, I could end up w all boulders and we have no where really to hide them, than what.ill still give them a call tomorrow though.

Btw I love Xenia. Everyone says its a beginners coral and a weed but it's one of my favorites,hell I have a damn shrub of it now growing. I have always just isolated it on its own rock so that way it can't take over and it just gets thicker and prettier..

I haven't been receiving updates on your thread , it says I'm currently receiving email notifications under options before I send, something else I need to do, is the only way to do it is go to the main page and select subscribe under tool? I believe I just answeredmy own question.

With the rocks you could also call bulkreefsupply and tell them the sizes you want and how many lbs. and yea my display area is 30x16, and with the subscription thing I just subscribe to the thread and choose no email notification and that works I think.

Love how the rocks colored up. Do you have a fish list?

Thanks man, everything has colored in quite nicely. Fish list

Black and white Ocellaris and Orange Clown

Sixline wrasse

Citron clown goby

Midas blenny

Archived