Innovative Marine Aquariums

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG OMG so close!

Lol yes it is!

:happydance:

I'll be doing this tomorrow if all goes well.

I can't wait to see this!!! omgomgomg

Me too! My buddy is stoping by in a few to help me move the stand and tank back upstairs from my garage. Mixing water now... Got a bunch of stuff to do in the morning but hopefully after that I'll start on the transfer!!

It is done!! The transfer that is, what pita it was though. Will post some pics later tonight. Water cleared up and so far everyone seems fine. I can crank the mp10 up to 100% now with no problems!

When I saw this title in my email I was like 'hmm I don't remember ever subscribing to that thread' Looking forward to seeing the finished product. I have moved a tank twice. It is truly a PITA, but it's worth it when u have it set and scaped just the way you like it.

When I saw this title in my email I was like 'hmm I don't remember ever subscribing to that thread' Looking forward to seeing the finished product. I have moved a tank twice. It is truly a PITA, but it's worth it when u have it set and scaped just the way you like it.

Lol... Haven't decided if I'm going to start a new thread or leave this one. Gotta set up the tunze 9002 and the ato also

Couple quick iphone pics. Still have to set up the tunze osomolater. I think im just going to use a 5 gal homedepot bucket.

newtank2.jpg

newtank3.jpg

newtank4.jpg

Still need to tidy up some wires and mount the mp10 controller. Not till my next day off

oooo nice nice, btw what kind of stand is that? Chris has done a tremendous job on that tank :D

Yea he did do an awesome job on this! And compaired to the biocube it's huge! The stand I made myself to the dimensions of the tank roughly. And the new light brackets were also made by Chris's dad so huge thanks to him. Gives me the height and distance I needed to have a good lite spread with the sol. Very similar to Tron's bracket except mine comes out 16" from the wall. When is your PicO arriving?

mmm it's being shipped out on monday, and shipping takes like 3-5 days, so I'm guessing friday?? :D

Sweet!!! Also since raising the Sol up higher the colors on everything look better now. Gotta bump up the peak intensity though.

Whoa. Nice! It's like a long rimless Red Sea max 130. You could almost use two SOLs. Need more LR! Go minimalistic on the right.

Looking at this more I really like it. Just though I'd convey my emotions. Lol

soo you planning on adding anything to the right? like lr?

I have one rock left from my BRS order last aug i might use on the right and only put sps on it. I still have to arrange the corals that are on the sand bed currently but i kinda like that open area a bit right now.

Whoa. Nice! It's like a long rimless Red Sea max 130. You could almost use two SOLs. Need more LR! Go minimalistic on the right.

Looking at this more I really like it. Just though I'd convey my emotions. Lol

Lol thanks man. It is kinda like a long rsm. And i do kinda like the minimal look on the right, as i said above i have one decent size piece of brs rock i may put on the right and do sps only on it. My gf helped me move the tank and stand into place and after she sat back and looked at it and said there is no way this is the same amount of water as the biocube... LOL all i said was yea about 30 gallons........cough 42 gallons cough. Then she went and got her nails done courtesy of the cash in my pocket and a quick subject change.

Archived