Cultivated Reef

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

Eh, more gallons doesn't necessarily equal more $$. Unless you factor in the extra water you have to make, the new amount of salt you will need, the live rock to take up the extra space, the corals that you will need to place on the new rocks, the fish that you will buy to swim in the new amount of salt water, the extra cool equipment you will need to make it just right..........$;@.'sk£{+{*}¥]!!!!

Oh wait, that doesn't really make the point I was going for.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eh, more gallons doesn't necessarily equal more $$. Unless you factor in the extra water you have to make, the new amount of salt you will need, the live rock to take up the extra space, the corals that you will need to place on the new rocks, the fish that you will buy to swim in the new amount of salt water, the extra cool equipment you will need to make it just right..........$;@.'sk£{+{*}¥]!!!!

Oh wait, that doesn't really make the point I was going for.

Lol her only concern with more water volume is worst case flooding my neighbors under us. Top floor condo. Women always thinking the worst possible. And ohh yea extra toys... Better skimmer better Ato etc... Speaking of... Next fish is gonna be a Midas blenny!

mmm a small rock on the right would be nice. like psychom said, go minimal :D

I think that's what I'm gonna do. And got the tunze osmolator setup last night. Jeeze I don't know why I never got one of these before. So sweet, I'm using a 5gal bucket with ro/di water in it. Gotta figure out how long that lasts.

Following closely, now we just have to get you out of that sti & into an evo.

J/K J/K , skip both and go GTR!

Haha... Cant ever let go of my STi... My built block/heads and 500whp is way too much fun, But i have considered picking up a used gtr from one of the guys at AMS they are only 15 min from my place and a cool bunch of dudes.

Wow nice, trumps my 355whp evo8mr all day long!

If only I didnt buy this house, have this kid, I would be in GTR land myself (but probably living in it, by myself!)

Wow nice, trumps my 355whp evo8mr all day long!

If only I didnt buy this house, have this kid, I would be in GTR land myself (but probably living in it, by myself!)

Haha i feel you there, The subaru is paid off and ive had it since new, 7 years, after i blew the stock block i went all out on this block in hopes that it can handle the abuse better plus i had no bills at the time, now in a condo with my lady, Would love a gtr aswell but i think id be living in it if i came home with it, Although my gf claims she'll buy me one someday after supporting her while in dental school. Im not gonna worry about it till after we buy a townhouse :D

PicO Aquariums

6867488707_08151c4715.jpg

7210165860_afdc22074e.jpg

7210166398_7f039f7d73.jpg

7210166340_28af04390d.jpg

My baby before the wife,house,kid...

Built block, 25+PSI + Nitrous that i never even used.

And yes I had a stupid wing on it that I was talked into.

It didn't last long :lol:

EDIT:

See , it looked much nicer without it

7210166264_8f48e2030b.jpg

boosted/juiced DSM FTW

Gonna be building another 1g Talon in a couple years.

It won't be street legal, straight track action #####.

dat launch

Had to chime in here. I know I'm not convincing anyone with my V6 accord coupe, but I used to race dsm's back in the day. Street not track. Had a 1g Talon that I wrecked and almost died. Also had two WS-6 LS6 that used to kill it in the 1/4 mile at the track.

So yeah, maybe reefing does come from the same part of the brain. Whatever the case, we are all OCD at least a little. ;)

6867488707_08151c4715.jpg

7210165860_afdc22074e.jpg

7210166398_7f039f7d73.jpg

7210166340_28af04390d.jpg

My baby before the wife,house,kid...

Built block, 25+PSI + Nitrous that i never even used.

And yes I had a stupid wing on it that I was talked into.

It didn't last long :lol:

EDIT:

See , it looked much nicer without it

7210166264_8f48e2030b.jpg

Nice Chris, way better without the wing

so hard confirmation that boost plus reefing comes from the

same obsessive part in the brain! I confess!

Agreed! Its in our dna :lol:

boosted/juiced DSM FTW

Gonna be building another 1g Talon in a couple years.

It won't be street legal, straight track action #####.

dat launch

Was that yours? Pretty sick man

Nice light brackets, cough.

Inspired by you man! I wouldnt have found half the cool stuff ive found without your thread.

Had to chime in here. I know I'm not convincing anyone with my V6 accord coupe, but I used to race dsm's back in the day. Street not track. Had a 1g Talon that I wrecked and almost died. Also had two WS-6 LS6 that used to kill it in the 1/4 mile at the track.

So yeah, maybe reefing does come from the same part of the brain. Whatever the case, we are all OCD at least a little. ;)

And we all love to tinker with stuff, Reefing, cars, bikes etc....

PicO Aquariums
Nice light brackets, cough.
:P

I was telling my dad " no this is just a custom thing probably wont be making anymore"

Then he gets to make another set :lol:

I was thinking of making a retro series where I have him make a stainless steel frame for the tank.

OLD SCHOOL BABY!

:P

I was telling my dad " no this is just a custom thing probably wont be making anymore"

Then he gets to make another set :lol:

I was thinking of making a retro series where I have him make a stainless steel frame for the tank.

OLD SCHOOL BABY!

Well make sure you tell him I said thank you! And old school would be pretty sweet.. On another note first death in awhile.... Diamond goby met the mp10 :( his head was to big so it was stuck in there while his body became fish food!

Tank is looking great!

Can you tell me what type of equipment you have in the tank? I'm thinking of having a very similar tank made by picoaquariums, 30 X 18 X 18. What return pump do you have in the back? And it looks like you added a MP10, right?

Tank is looking great!

Can you tell me what type of equipment you have in the tank? I'm thinking of having a very similar tank made by picoaquariums, 30 X 18 X 18. What return pump do you have in the back? And it looks like you added a MP10, right?

Thanks, equipment lets see, Ehiem Jager 100w heater, Tunze 9002 protein skimmer with inTank cup, 3 tier media basket top tier filter floss middle tier purigen bottom tier chemipure elite, Large media basket with cheato and pico 1w led light for cheato. 300gph pump. Tunze osomolator ato and Vortech mp10 that was in the biocube aswell except now i can crank it up to 100%.. I think thats about everything, and the Aqua Illuminations Sol blue and controller.

newPicO2.jpg

i approve of this.

Unshure if this was said. but how thick is the glass on this tank? This tank looks freaking sweet by the way!

Archived