inTank Media Baskets

Rio Grande Twins

Spirofucci

surgicalsense
SS, thanks my dear, hope your CUC makes it, they should.

Treat yourself to a nice sushi and sake dinner tonight, you deserve it.

That would be awesome ... but, we has so much to do prior the road trip. I am glad you are able to get your tank started.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, when I got home from work, the dangling fire/ice zoa came off by itself and wedged under the turd. Yes SS the turd. So I took it out and glued it to a little rock. Amazing, that little frag opened up and looks better than the original!

There was still another piece hanging on so I pulled it off and fragged another. When I did that one little dead looking zoa was floating around so I glued that onto a piece of rock and now its open and looking good! I'm going into the frag business! pics soon.

Where were you when I was gluing my paly down?????? You mean you didn't get glue all over your fingers?

Where were you when I was gluing my paly down?????? You mean you didn't get glue all over your fingers?

Ha! I have a lot of experience with AC glue. My other hobby is building model wooden ships. I end up using about 30 little bottles for each one. But ya, I still get it all over the place!

Awesome news that it went well!

You should drop the "Max by Spiro" in the title and make it just "Rio Grande"

I'm sure you know that I live about 10 miles from the Rio Grande River. I chose that name because Stevie T called his RSM the "Office Max" because he kept it in his office. I'm just being a copy cat. He is the main reason I got an RSM.

I'm always 4 - 5 years behind the times. I'm sure if I got one back then, I'd be rich and famous today like him.

OK here's the best I can do:

IMG_0311.jpg

I know you know what you're doing but see how the "arms or branches" stick out so that they get the light from above?

Since I took some pics for Ms Kat, I snapped some more crappy pics of my new hermit crab and new frags of fire/ice zoas that fell off the original. I got this hermit crab and the gal at the LFS did not know what type he is. I looked on line but can't find an ID. I think he's cool.

IMG_0304-1.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

My LFS has some of these guys. They are blue grudgeon gobies/dartfish. Literature says very peaceful and do better in pairs but they are about 5 inches long. What do ya'll think?

gudgeon.jpg

That is one pretty hermit crab there!!!! I like it better than the electric blues.

I've never seen those gobies before. 5" seems pretty long to me. That size would scare me away. But they sure are pretty!

My LFS has some of these guys. They are blue grudgeon gobies/dartfish. Literature says very peaceful and do better in pairs but they are about 5 inches long. What do ya'll think?

gudgeon.jpg

Get.

I've always liked them and I don't think anyone here has one. Unique scape + unique livestock = tank people want to see B)

Do you have a top yet?

I forgot to mention that since they are a dartfish they have jumping in their blood :lol:

Beautiful fish! Very nice choice.

Thanks Joel!

Yes I have a top, it is the stock RSM hood so no way to jump out.. Yes I did read they are jumpers! After about two hours I fed and he ate frozen mysis.

BTW. When you are ready, I still think you shoud get a canary fish first just to test out the waters so to speak.

Good, because it blows when I fish jumps, trust me. :lol:

Mid February I'll probably clean out the Chromis selection that the one LFS usually has. They have 6-10 at any given time. At $3/fish buying 10 is still cheaper than most other fish I'd like to have :D

I want a tank video too. Get on that.

I am using my son's I-phone. I'm such an ignoramus, he has to be there when I take pics so he can upload them to our crappy computer!!! Can the I-phone take decent vids?

I use the app "Picup" to upload photos to imgur and get the direct link to embed them here and I upload direct to YouTube from my camera roll after editing. I don't have to get on the computer to do anything.

I touched up my sig in photoshop but touching up is tedious to do every photo I upload. With the new firmware update I just crop the photos and sometimes I use the color corrector if I think it makes the picture truer to life.

Nice fish!

All I do is upload the pictures to my Facebook profile, and then when I am looking at the enlarged photo on there I right click and copy pic location, then use this link goes here/img] and I get the larger pics instead of the black bars around it.

Love the new fish though!

Archived