Cultivated Reef

Rio Grande Twins

Spirofucci

So far he only comes out to eat, so I'm glad of that. He is so blue that I thought of naming him "blue meanie" from "Yellow Submarine", but you're probaly way too young to have seen that movie. "funny, you don't look blueish?" Classic.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually have seen it :) I'm a pretty big Beatles fan and have been since I was little. Rubber Soul's my favorite album. I did not see Yellow Submarine until about 2 years ago and I have to say I did not enjoy it.

60's music is my favorite genre though, I have SiriusXM and my car pretty much stays on 60's on 6. There are some other stations I listen to but 75% of the time it's that.

Yes, Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings.

My son, who is 15, discovered the Beatles a few months ago. He now has the complete set and listens to them non stop. He can tell you who wrote and sang in most of the songs.

Joel, Rubber Soul has to be at the top of my list as well!

So far he only comes out to eat, so I'm glad of that. He is so blue that I thought of naming him "blue meanie" from "Yellow Submarine", but you're probaly way too young to have seen that movie. "funny, you don't look blueish?" Classic.

My dad made me watch it.....Some parts are funny other's I didn't get until I was older......

Nice! Glad he is coming out for you!

I didn't go anywhere, but my daughter and her hubby came in from Fresno, CA and have been spending some wonderful time with them, we had a great Christmas!

I still haven't got my secret santa thing.....yet.

I hope ya'll had a great Christmas.

re: secret santa...that's a bummer. I'll pm jrmiller so he can light a fire under your santa's butt!

That's wonderful that your daughter was able to spend Christmas with you guys. We are 2k miles away from family. I swear I will never allow it when my son is grown and married. Being away from family is for the birds!!!!!!!

How's the new blue fish? Did you ever come up with a name?

Sounds like a great christmas!

+1 on the Secret Santa, if you end up not getting anything I'll send you something, you spent a lot of time and thought on what you got me it would be horrendously unfair for you to end up with nothing.

Whoever your Santa is better get the lead out.

Thanks guys! I'm not worried about the secret santa thing, nothing to get mad or upset about, if it happens, cool.

I named the blue guy, "blue meanie" from the Yelow Submarine. He's anything but mean though, still hiding but comes out to eat, so I'm happy. He is so blue.

I still have some blooms of cyano/dyano so last week I ordered a custom CUC from John @ reefcleaners, but the order got messed up so I'm gonna call him today. I ordered the usual snail crew but also getting a serpent star, green crab and an electric blue hermit.

After that all settles down its time for more corals! I was thinking of ordering from Vivid. Looks like they have a lot of cool stuff on line as well.

Vivid has a huge selection. I've never ordered from them, only shopped in the store. I'm sure they are top notch with shipping though.

Another favorite of mine to order from is reef-gardener (sponsor on here). She's definitely top notch.

So you decided to go with "blue meanie"....I likey, just so long as he doesn't live up to his name :)

Oh....prepare for snails out the wazoo :lol:

I have an MP 10. I got it wireless in case I add another one, which I'd like to.

BTW, I'm very interested in that light combo you are gonna get!

Did you try putting the MP10 in the electrical box or are you happy with it where it is? Tank is looking good and like your new additions. How about a recent FTS?

Did you try putting the MP10 in the electrical box or are you happy with it where it is? Tank is looking good and like your new additions. How about a recent FTS?

I have considered it, very cool idea! But, right now I like the flow I have. I think that eventually I'm gonna get an Apex controller which will take all the cords out of the box, maybe then.

I'll try and get a FTS this weekend with pics of some cool CUC dudes. But not much has changed in the tank so far. If all goes well, In a couple of weeks I will place another order for some corals.

BTW, I'm shooting for TOTM in 2015, lol

Makes 2 of us, I'll document the retrofit.

Thanks! I know you have done a lot research on the lights. I have done a little and did not see any good photographic documentation on an led retrofit for the RSM. Looking forward to it!

surgicalsense

Hola! Back from ABQ! ... hows your tank coming along darlin? I installed my media rack last night as soon as I walked in the door from my trip.

Hola! Back from ABQ! ... hows your tank coming along darlin? I installed my media rack last night as soon as I walked in the door from my trip.

Hey! Glad to have you back! Hope everything went well. Let us know if you notice a difference in water clarity with the rack.

surgicalsense
Hey! Glad to have you back! Hope everything went well. Let us know if you notice a difference in water clarity with the rack.

Crystal clear! Now I need to install the Tunze. My question is, I have left the bio balls/carbon/white tube like things in Ch.2 ... Gena advised me to slowly remove those items, prior to adding the skimmer. What is your take on this sir? Before I move on to ask what... Eric, Gena, CJ, Randi, Joel think about this also.

Crystal clear! Now I need to install the Tunze. My question is, I have left the bio balls/carbon/white tube like things in Ch.2 ... Gena advised me to slowly remove those items, prior to adding the skimmer. What is your take on this sir? Before I move on to ask what... Eric, Gena, CJ, Randi, Joel think about this also.

What are you running on your media rack? If you have any kind of chemical media like Chemipure you can go ahead and take out the old carbon. Gena's right about slowly removing the bioballs/white tubes (I'm guessing they are ceramic and also bio media), you could probably just take them all out at once but you never know what that could do :eek: maybe pull a handful of bioballs out today, then a handful of the white things next week, then bioballs, etc. until you're out. That would be at least 4 weeks which would be plenty of time to adjust. :)

SouthFlorida_Tron

with a skimmer being installed, it wouldnt matter if you stirred your sand up (sarcasm) but no really, just take out the BALLZ :) youll be good to go! dont over think this!

surgicalsense
What are you running on your media rack? If you have any kind of chemical media like Chemipure you can go ahead and take out the old carbon. Gena's right about slowly removing the bioballs/white tubes (I'm guessing they are ceramic and also bio media), you could probably just take them all out at once but you never know what that could do :eek: maybe pull a handful of bioballs out today, then a handful of the white things next week, then bioballs, etc. until you're out. That would be at least 4 weeks which would be plenty of time to adjust. :)

The bio balls are the size of ping pong balls, maybe 8 total (I do not recall total count) the other media in Ch.2 ... the carbon and white tubes .. their in self contained bags, each.

with a skimmer being installed, it wouldnt matter if you stirred your sand up (sarcasm) but no really, just take out the BALLZ :) youll be good to go! dont over think this!

... and your saying, just go for it! :lol: Well I am crazy like that, however still not sure :huh: LOL!

What shall I do?!

Archived