Top Shelf Aquatics

Rio Grande Twins

Spirofucci

Congrats on the fish, can't wait to see pics.

Here is a video I found with the 130d stock everything and additional LED supplements @ 1.9 years.

Good goal.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man, I can't get you tube @ work, but I'm gonna watch it as soon as I get home, at least right after I check my tank for any dead bodies.

No way I can afford the Radion now, but I'm seriously gonna get some supplemental LEDs

Thanks Pico!!!!!!

BTW are you planning on MACNA in September?? I think we should try and plan an NR group meeting. It would be fun to see all the characters on here in person!!!

So here are some very crappy pics: (man I gotta get me a decent camera)

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

I took 100 pics of Penny and Wise but could not get a decent shot

Congrats on the fish, can't wait to see pics.

Here is a video I found with the 130d stock everything and additional LED supplements @ 1.9 years.

Good goal.

Thanks Pico!!!!! What a vid! That dude has an incredible tank. All those SPS are beautiful. LED is the way to go.

I would like to strive for something like that.

BTW the tangs looked happy in there, lol

man your tank is gonna be so cool when it colors up. its like a tree that just went through winter and is about to start blosoming again! Man Im so glad the internet was created. Because you can not only watch your own tank grow(slowly) but you can watch this awesome community's tanks on NR grow too...lol

Thanks Decko! Yep, I don't think I'd have a reef tank it it wasn't for the net and the cool folks on this site!!!

My plan is to have a very cool and colorful tank someday.

I hope the monti makes it!

I never realized how hard it is to take good pics. Glad I wasn't naked.

Every photo I have ever taken of my tank I'm naked except im wearing a eye cover sleepey thing for your eyes on a plane worn like a bra and eating nachos.

That looks fantastic!!!! What kind of monti is that? I need better pictures of the clowns :)

I think its just called a purple monti. It has gotten a little bleached on the sides and it released a bunch of stringy slime yesterday and some this morning. Maybe just pissed off from the trip?

Gena, you were totally right! Those clowns are verry small but so cute. I'll try and get some decent pics for ya.

Monti caps will slime up If disturbed. Maybe increase your flow for a few or blast the slime off with a turkey Baster and see if islimed us up again. Give it a little time or just send it to me! I want

Thanks as always EZ, yep, I blew him off this afternoon. I put him higher in the tank and he has pretty good flow on him, since I'm a new father, I'll be keeping a close eye.

He kept stock lighting, just used different 55W build for more actinic effect than the RSM bulbs. He used supplemental actinic LED with one 14,000 K white strip.

OK some more pics and some noob Q's:

IMG_0296-1.jpg

IMG_0298-1.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

The shrooms I ordered were supposed to be those really blue vietnam ones. Will they turn blue? Also one shriveled up right before my eyes tonight is that normal or is there something wrong?

The fire n ice zoa has a piece of about 10 polyps barely hanging on. Should I snip it and mount it on a little rock?

I love those clowns!!! They are only about an inch long. I named them Penny and Wise. So far I have fed them 4 different kinds of food but they are not eating except I have seen them grab a pod off the glass.

Am I just being a nervous father?

I'm sure they will eat soon. I can't believe how small they are! As a precaution I would put the stupid foam guard on your mp-10 just to make sure they don't accidentally get sucked in.

I had some zoas that had some hangers and I just left them and they act ached back in a few weeks. But if you want to spread them around if you like... Perfect opportunity to do so.

I can't say how happy I am to see your tank with fish and corals in it. A nervous father is what this hobby is meant for.

I'm thrilled for you spiro!

Thanks as always EZ! I feel better now.

A little sharing about my self: I have been an emergency nurse for 30 years in Los Angeles. So I have seen just about everything as you might imagine. I have delivered babies in the front seat of cars and had my bare hands in peoples chest (before the aids scare), no joke, but I fainted when my daughter was born! My wife was such a trooper, but I couldn't bear the thought of her going through that pain.

What I'm trying to say is my family (and my animals) are very dear to me and I take taking care of them very seriously.

Wow! Everything is looking great and those clowns are so cute. I bet they'll start eating soon, just keep an eye on them. I'm not sure if the mushrooms will get more blue, it probably all depends on your light. All of my "blue" mushrooms seems to be more of a bluish purple instead of bright blue. And about the one shriveling up, its probably totally fine as long as it opens up in the next day or two.

Thanks as always EZ! I feel better now.

A little sharing about my self: I have been an emergency nurse for 30 years in Los Angeles. So I have seen just about everything as you might imagine. I have delivered babies in the front seat of cars and had my bare hands in peoples chest (before the aids scare), no joke, but I fainted when my daughter was born! My wife was such a trooper, but I couldn't bear the thought of her going through that pain.

What I'm trying to say is my family (and my animals) are very dear to me and I take taking care of them very seriously.

Awww! I am the same with my pets and husband what with being a Vet Tech and seeing the trauma that comes in, not human though only Animal traumas. I watch my tank like a hawk too , all these guys have only been in there about what 24 hours? I would just let them be for a bit I bet they eat.

BTW Sick Monti! I totally want that thing!

So Happy to see some life in this baby!

Emergency medicine is often compared to vet medicine because alot of patients cannot speak to you, so you have to use other skills to figure out what's going on!

My wife was such a trooper, but I couldn't bear the thought of her going through that pain.

That is so sweet. You sound like an amazing husband and father!!!!!

That FTS is outsanding too. I absolutely LOVE your rockscape so much. This is an epic tank in the making :)

Archived