Pod Your Reef

Rio Grande Twins

Spirofucci

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gena, thanks for asking. Not much is happening in the tank. Water is clear and (N) params are still zero. pH 8.2, sg 1.025.

Five invert CUC seems to be doing a good job, although have not seen the nasarruis sp? guys in about 5 days. Do they stay burried that long. Skunk cleaner is the bomba. feed him by hand, so cool.

Sidebar: You know how some old dudes have little barnacles growing on their hands and arms? Well this old dude has a few and the little shrimper went right for them! Even hurt a little, but is going to save me a trip the the Dermatologist.

So since you asked.....the tank is 20 days old. Almost all the rock has a very light covering of yellow'greenish algae. The diatoms and cyano are almost gone. In fact the turd looks more like a light colored rock now and less turdlike (sorry SS).

I have not added purigen, chemipure elite, done a water change or turned on the skimmer.

It seems there is not much for the CUC to eat.

So.........now what??????

1. wait some more

2. add a few more CUC guys

3. add a fish

4. no, don't say it, add coral?

5. keep it just the way it is now. OK that's fine with me. Me and Mr. skunk have a symbiotic relationship!

ps, I've been working like a dog this last week, so not much time for pics.

3 or 4.

I let my shrimp clean my hands. I've since stopped washing my hands. I'm going to save some much money in soap costs. B)

:lol:

surgicalsense
The diatoms and cyano are almost gone. In fact the turd looks more like a light colored rock now and less turdlike (sorry SS).

:rolleyes: ... I asked you, also.

It will always be a turd rock for you.

OK so I just got home, what a week, and the electricity is out in the house for at least the last four hours. So I run to the tank and check. The MP10 is running on the battery back up like a champ. The power just went back on

I'm really glad I got that thing and of course highly recommend it.

It will power an MP10 for 20 hours.

Actually, I did have to break out the generator about two weeks ago. Our wonderful power company thought we hadn't paid the bill and shut us off. It took almost two days to get it back on. I guess I was so pissed, and busy, I didn't mention it in the thread.

Well now off to work for a few hours. I'm thinking of maybe getting a clown or two today it they look healthy.

I'll try and post some pics if I do. OH BOY.

Where have I been? Seven pages of turdy goodness...I like it; I'm tagging along. I like the RSM a lot. You have done an outstanding job on outfitting this one, I must say. Mad props on your New Yankee Workshop skills bro!

windowslivewriterthenewyankeeprogrammer-146f70tourphoto13.jpg

^ Spiro

surgicalsense

Joe D ... now remember that Spiro is from the, "The San Fernando Valley" ... You might have to find a picture fitting for that ;)

And he calls me the valley girl. Now I am sure he had the awful 80's doo.

surgicalsense
He's actually from the SCV, not the SFV! :P

Fine ... but, what's the difference. Oh, I will not answer that (least not right now) ... okay I need to stop, I need to get myself to the gym <_<

That's great!!!!! Maybe I should look into the backup battery also. I had one for my mp20 but sold it along with the pump last year. It didn't work with my mp10 or I would have kept it. I actually didn't know they had a battery backup for the 10!

You guys are so funny! Actually, born in the SFV and married with kids in the SCV.

Joe, Norm Abramson, is my hero, loved that show! Wish I could build stuff like that and wish I had those tools!

Well, went to my little LFS/pet shop. They have a small section of SW there and last week had a bunch of small clownfish, but none today.

It seems ya'll order fish and corals online, which is what I'm gonna have to do, but I'm freaked out that they will sit on my porch all day in the heat/cold waiting for me to get home.

Dumb question, but how do you it? I haven't seen this issue addressed here.

Do any of you guys/gals watch Mr. Salt Water tank TV?

I think he's very cool and have learned alot from him.

Here's the link if you're interested:

www.mrsaltwatertank.com

He is pretty cool... for some reason when says "My tank" like 50 times a video it bugs me... not sure why

ps...working on my DIY turd rock as we speak :eek:

surgicalsense
He is pretty cool... for some reason when days "My tank" like 50 times a video it bugs me... not sure why

ps...working on my DIY turd rock as we speak :eek:

Are you molding one as we speak?

You guys are so funny! Actually, born in the SFV and married with kids in the SCV.

Joe, Norm Abramson, is my hero, loved that show! Wish I could build stuff like that and wish I had those tools!

Well, went to my little LFS/pet shop. They have a small section of SW there and last week had a bunch of small clownfish, but none today.

It seems ya'll order fish and corals online, which is what I'm gonna have to do, but I'm freaked out that they will sit on my porch all day in the heat/cold waiting for me to get home.

I haven't ordered anything online, yet. I am thinking about getting some snails... clean up the extra cyno/diatoms I have growing.

Depending on where you want to order from, we can order together and I can accept the packages at my office so it doesn't sit outside all day. ;)

It wouldn't be a grea idea to let a package sit outside all day until you get home from work. Can you leave work briefly to just take the package inside? Or, have it sent to your work. Or, take epicfish up on his offer ;)

I will get you those pics today.

I would actually thing about the Ecoxitic stunner strips. You could fit about three of them in, one behind the stock T5 PC and two in front.

http://www.ecoxotic.com/aquarium-led-light...led-strips.html

I had originally gone with Current USA because I got the LED moonlights already and had the power adapter, but the 403 nm strip would bring out some nice florescent pigments.

Good luck and love you DIY companion base and scape.

Thanks for the responses everone!

EZ, did ya pinch it out yet?

SS, I wish I was near a LFS like Vivid! Did you check out those stunners that picoreff recommended???

Epic, thanks for the offer! I may take you up on that, but I usually work long hours so it may be difficult to do a 2 hour round trip out to you. But let me know if your going to order! Have you been to Corpus? I hear there is a LFS or two up there. Might be worth a drive on a weekend???

Thanks Gena, but I work at a hospital so I can't get it delivered to work.

Picoreef, those look like the perfect option, thanks for the link.!

EZ, did ya pinch it out yet?

yep..... i named it lord of the rings! :wizard:

just having trouble molding the way i want :eek: ... couldn't find any online guides so i am having to experiment a little

things i have learned so far.. don't use a sledge hammer

don't hit your thumb with hammer while molding the turd and do this = :scarry:

don't let your neighbors see you doing it

don't eat corn

Archived