• Created
  • Last Reply
Pretend Alto is the one posting this

New-DSC06955.jpg

The orange blob looks really nice! :o

I like the colorful sponges. Jealous, as usual. :tears:

• 3 weeks later...
altolamprologus

So nothing much is really going on lately. I seem to be winning the battle against GHA (hopefully) and I'm starting to see a bunch of tiny little stomatellas from the spawn I had a while ago. Also my Titan algae is about the size of a football. Oh yeah, and my sponges died....

Edit: And another thing, I think my angler might be a commerson's, not a painted :scarry:

altolamprologus
Wait... the angler is just as big as the chromis? How did it eat it?

Video needed.

The angler was slightly bigger than the chromis. He ate it by opening his mouth up fast, creating a vacuum that sucked the chromis in. Then he burped up a few scales :lol:

I don't have a vid, sorry. Next time I find a tiny fish to feed him, I'll be sure to borrow a camera from someone.

So nothing much is really going on lately. I seem to be winning the battle against GHA (hopefully) and I'm starting to see a bunch of tiny little stomatellas from the spawn I had a while ago. Also my Titan algae is about the size of a football. Oh yeah, and my sponges died....

Edit: And another thing, I think my angler might be a commerson's, not a painted :scarry:

I found this website, perhaps it will help you id your angler...

http://www.frogfish.ch/species-arten/all-f...sh-species.html

http://www.frogfish.ch/frogfish-identification.html

altolamprologus

Thanks for the links. I've been studying the identifying features carefully, and honestly I think he's still too young for know for certain. His coloring is off for a baby painted, but his fins look exactly the way a painted's would look. And his lure looks like a cross between a commerson's and a painted. I guess I have to wait until he matures more.

looking good! how is the blue sponge?

The blue sponge is unfortunately mostly dead. The orange one started to decay literally overnight and I think the toxins they release when they die got to the blue one. So the orange one is completely gone and the blue one is hanging in there, but doesn't look too good. On the other hand, all my hitch hiker sponges are growing fast.

Seeng the black blob of doom makes me so excited to get another angler! I'm definitely getting a baby like that. They are too cool!

Archived