20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus

I have tunicates!!!

IMG_2620.jpg

Random anecdote: one day in marine bio my professor put a tunicate under a microscope and I saw it's heart beat!

OMG!!! I HATE TOURNIQUETS!!!

I had to get my blood drawn a few weeks ago (I DIDN'T EVEN CRY!!!) and I was like, "Is it gonna hurt?" And she was like "No" and then she pulled out this blue thing and I was like, "Hey, what's that?" and she said, "It's a tourniquet" and I was like all, "Oh hey, we learned about those at boy scout camp!" and she was like "Mmmmhmmm >:D... -stab-" and I was like "AHHHHHHHHHHHH TAKE IT OUT TAKE IT OUT IT HUUUUUUUUUURTS"... You get the picture.

But what is a tunicate? I know what tunics are... Is it like a miniature tunic? :o

Yep, tunicates have hearts

Awww, they be like miniature peepsoles. :D

altolamprologus
OMG!!! I HATE TOURNIQUETS!!!

I had to get my blood drawn a few weeks ago (I DIDN'T EVEN CRY!!!) and I was like, "Is it gonna hurt?" And she was like "No" and then she pulled out this blue thing and I was like, "Hey, what's that?" and she said, "It's a tourniquet" and I was like all, "Oh hey, we learned about those at boy scout camp!" and she was like "Mmmmhmmm >:D... -stab-" and I was like "AHHHHHHHHHHHH TAKE IT OUT TAKE IT OUT IT HUUUUUUUUUURTS"... You get the picture.

But what is a tunicate? I know what tunics are... Is it like a miniature tunic? :o

Awww, they be like miniature peepsoles. :D

Tunicates are a type of animal. You may have heard of them as sea squirts.

Tunicates are a type of animal. You may have heard of them as sea squirts.

Oh yeah! I've seen those. Isn't there one kind that's like purple and yellow and weird...?

altolamprologus
Oh yeah! I've seen those. Isn't there one kind that's like purple and yellow and weird...?

They're all kind of weird :lol:

The ones most commonly seen in the aquarium trade are blue and yellow. There's also lollypop tunicates. Google it, they look cool

They're all kind of weird :lol:

The ones most commonly seen in the aquarium trade are blue and yellow. There's also lollypop tunicates. Google it, they look cool

Oh, not the thing i'm thinking about. The thing I was describing was a round purple blob with yellow fringe. It moves around and eats stuff I think... :unsure:

altolamprologus
Oh, not the thing i'm thinking about. The thing I was describing was a round purple blob with yellow fringe. It moves around and eats stuff I think... :unsure:

An urchin?

An urchin?

It wasn't anything with a skeleton. It was like a big purple ball of jelly. It was hot purple, not smokey purple like urchins are. It had some sort of yellow fringe on it... I think it was called a sea squirt but I can't find it on Google and it's not a tunicate.

altolamprologus
It wasn't anything with a skeleton. It was like a big purple ball of jelly. It was hot purple, not smokey purple like urchins are. It had some sort of yellow fringe on it... I think it was called a sea squirt but I can't find it on Google and it's not a tunicate.

I'v never heard of such a thing...

I'v never heard of such a thing...

I'm going ham on google trying to find it! It's just not there. :(

Next time I see one, I'll take a pic.

altolamprologus
I'm going ham on google trying to find it! It's just not there. :(

Next time I see one, I'll take a pic.

Better yet, ask what it is!

altolamprologus
The contrast between those is beautiful! Do y'all have cool sponges in the store right now? :o

There's some random encrusting ones growing on rocks and frags, but none actually for sale. We don't get sponges very often :(

There's some random encrusting ones growing on rocks and frags, but none actually for sale. We don't get sponges very often :(

*there's a small blue sponge for sale

altolamprologus

Oh I just remembered, that caulerpa in the pic is gone. A couple leaves went asexual and I forgot to take the out then overnight the entire thing went asexual <_< Anyone know how long it takes for the new caulerpas to pop up?

Archived