SaltCritters.com

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

altolamprologus
i think it depends on the macro. i ask john of reef cleaners, said halimeda like a lower nutrient envirement. at first that made little sense, but i remember when i had halimeda, died due to who knows what. had lots of GHA too

Ok so I guess I should do water changes more often. I haven't done one in like 3 weeks...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
3 weeks? :o

...i think a w/c would be a good idea lol

how often does the angler get fed? like every few days right?

Yeah I know it's been awhile. I use all my RO/DI water doing WCs on the 29 and QT tanks.

I feed him 2 krill or 1 ghost shrimp 2-3 times a week. It's really not that much food since he's so small.

altolamprologus
i miss my freshwater :(

can you post pics of yours :flower:

or if your on a FW forum and have pics there give me a link plz

My brother and I are in the process of setting up a 55 gallon tank to transfer our 20 gal into so I'm probably make a thread when it starts looking pretty. In the meantime, here's a teaser pic:

IMG_2375.jpg

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG THAT'S AN AWESOME FISH!!!!!!!11!1!!111!!!1

I HAVE TO HAVE A FW. I'M GOING TO BUY ONE AT THE PET STORE BEHIND MY PARENTS' BACK.

altolamprologus
looks like a FW pipe?? omgomgomg where did you get that?

Yep, it's a FW pipefish. I got it my LFS. I believe we have a male and 2 females and 2 of them stick together a lot and we've seen them doing the courtship dance thingy.

altolamprologus
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG THAT'S AN AWESOME FISH!!!!!!!11!1!!111!!!1

I HAVE TO HAVE A FW. I'M GOING TO BUY ONE AT THE PET STORE BEHIND MY PARENTS' BACK.

I don't understand why your parents will let you have saltwater(expensive as all hell) but not freshwater(relatively cheap)

Glass shrimp? Not sure he is kind of pink. I do miss my freshies, they were so cool, I had a YoYo loack and 6 Kuhli Loaches, a Rubberlip Pleco (the spotted yellow variation) and about 10-12 Zebra Danios. I miss them I also had 4 German Blue Rams but they lived their 3 years and died, everyone else got traded to another FW/SW person for the tank and traded to a LFS for credit. I loved them little wormies!

Nice BTW.

Forgot my 4 Panda Coies one was a baby of the three and they spawned every time I did a WC. lmao

altolamprologus
do the babies come out looking like mini pipes like SW ones?

I assume they would since FW fish don't have larval stages.

Glass shrimp? Not sure he is kind of pink. I do miss my freshies, they were so cool, I had a YoYo loack and 6 Kuhli Loaches, a Rubberlip Pleco (the spotted yellow variation) and about 10-12 Zebra Danios. I miss them I also had 4 German Blue Rams but they lived their 3 years and died, everyone else got traded to another FW/SW person for the tank and traded to a LFS for credit. I loved them little wormies!

Nice BTW.

The shrimp is a male cherry shrimp

I assume they would since FW fish don't have larval stages.

My Cories seemed to go through meta.. they looked like tiny minnows then developed the tel tale signs of the bands and fins of a corie about 8 days in.

altolamprologus
My Cories seemed to go through meta.. they looked like tiny minnows then developed the tel tale signs of the bands and fins of a corie about 8 days in.

It's not a larval stage though, it's just the generic baby fish look.

But they went from looking like tiny tadpoles to catfish... if that's not Meta idk...

Everything I am googling states Cories go through meta, maybe they do and other species don't IDK..

They have barbels but are tadpoles... Fricking Wikipedia.... <_<

altolamprologus
But they went from looking like tiny tadpoles to catfish... if that's not Meta idk...

Everything I am googling states Cories go through meta, maybe they do and other species don't IDK..

They have barbels but are tadpoles... Fricking Wikipedia.... <_<

Hmmm so I guess they go through meta. Most freshies don't though

Yeah I know it's been awhile. I use all my RO/DI water doing WCs on the 29 and QT tanks.

I feed him 2 krill or 1 ghost shrimp 2-3 times a week. It's really not that much food since he's so small.

You gotta keep up on this with that lil frog its important cause they poop so big and much, this could be part of the reason for the GHA I think flow has alot to do with it as well and do check the phos. Its a good idea to be sure

altolamprologus
You gotta keep up on this with that lil frog its important cause they poop so big and much, this could be part of the reason for the GHA I think flow has alot to do with it as well and do check the phos. Its a good idea to be sure

OK thanks for the advice. I'll do a 5 gal WC this weekend and add a small powerhead. I'll also get a salifert phos test kit and not even bother testing with the API one I have.

OK thanks for the advice. I'll do a 5 gal WC this weekend and add a small powerhead. I'll also get a salifert phos test kit and not even bother testing with the API one I have.

Becareful that the lil frog don't get sucked into the powerhead, one of my anglers liked to hang out near mine and I would find em sucked to it often this one would also swim in the current like a hamster in a wheel he was a active one

altolamprologus

I got some caulerpa serrata from Yoshii today.

IMG_2418.jpg

And here's the unidentified "red kelp" I got from the LFS a couple weeks ago

IMG_2419.jpg

I also added a 240 GPH Koralia nano powerhead, which I'll assme you guys don't want a pic of :lol:

altolamprologus

My little fatty when he's hungry :wub:

IMG_2422.jpg

And just after he's eaten a big meal and the shrimp antenna are still sticking out of his mouth :lol:

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

altolamprologus
Gracilaria hayi perhaps.

Looks similar, but the branches are too thin. I guess it's hard to see in the photo but the branches on mine are very wide, almost leaf like.

Archived