Top Shelf Aquatics

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
He is so cute!

Euphy use the snookie monster from Southpark! Not the real one the one they use to make fun of her! "Snookie want smush smush!" :P

Thanks FI. I love the kitten avatar btw. I always stare at it :)

That is a great idea. Euphy you should have the snookie monster crawling around in the background of your avy.

that's some pretty neat algea growing :)

what it called?

Caulerpa serrata. Got it from yoshii. It's growing like crazy, already grown a couple inches in a week. I sense problems down the road...

He is so cute!

Euphy use the snookie monster from Southpark! Not the real one the one they use to make fun of her! "Snookie want smush smush!" :P

Snoookehh wunt SMUSH SMUCH >:3

Caulerpa serrata. Got it from yoshii. It's growing like crazy, already grown a couple inches in a week. I sense problems down the road...

cool. i think i had some that...but it was a lot smaller...has your angler grown at all?

altolamprologus
cool. i think i had some that...but it was a lot smaller...has your angler grown at all?

Yeah probably like 1/3 inch. But next year he should be almost 2 inches long.

hehehe :ninja: my evil plan is working

altolamprologus
Gosh alto. You abide by the laws too much. Get some xaulerpa taxifolia! Live a little. :P

By live a little do you mean spend the rest of eternity ripping huge chucks of caulera of out of my tank? I'd rather not :P

Wrong Snookie Euphy....

Nope, right snookie

altolamprologus

New sponges! Red, yellow, and black, all are encrusting.

IMG_2532.jpg

FTS even though it's pretty messy

IMG_2539.jpg

Pic from a couple weeks ago

IMG_2241.jpg

I think she was talking about a cartoon snookie?

Yes I was the crazy snookie monster from South Park.

Love the tank, even the dirty pic Mine is pretty dirty too in the new FTS lol but it's the clearest it has been in a month so I had to get some shots!

altolamprologus

I'm thinking of replacing the rock on the right side with a bigger one to have more space for macros. Thoughts?

Macro algae has grown :D

Especially the titan. It loves my tank. The yellow one hates my tank and is no longer yellow and I think it's dying and the fluffy tip stuff is always covered in hair algae and lost its fluffy stuff and the pencil caps are dead and the halimeda is dying. But other than that everything's great :)

Great lookin angler I'm lookin to turn my 29 biocube into 1 also waiting for a friend to get in a shipment of them love the deep jet black color on yours.

altolamprologus
Great lookin angler I'm lookin to turn my 29 biocube into 1 also waiting for a friend to get in a shipment of them love the deep jet black color on yours.

Thanks, I'm hoping he stays that color.

I'm thinking of replacing the rock on the right side with a bigger one to have more space for macros. Thoughts?

Especially the titan. It loves my tank. The yellow one hates my tank and is no longer yellow and I think it's dying and the fluffy tip stuff is always covered in hair algae and lost its fluffy stuff and the pencil caps are dead and the halimeda is dying. But other than that everything's great :)

Do it! You don't have to replace it, just add the larger rock. See! This is why you should have taken that rock I offered you today :P

Awww D: Really? I didn't have any problems with GHA on the fluffy tip

Why all the dying!!

altolamprologus
Do it! You don't have to replace it, just add the larger rock. See! This is why you should have taken that rock I offered you today :P

Awww D: Really? I didn't have any problems with GHA on the fluffy tip

Why all the dying!!

That's actually where I got the idea. I was thinking I needed more macro room and remembered the rock from earlier.'

I'm the GHA is from lack of flow because since I added the powerhead and did a waterchange it doesn't seem to have grown at all. I removed some today so I hope the macro comes back.

I'm not sure if that last part is a question, or just an emotion-filled statement...

That's actually where I got the idea. I was thinking I needed more macro room and remembered the rock from earlier.'

I'm the GHA is from lack of flow because since I added the powerhead and did a waterchange it doesn't seem to have grown at all. I removed some today so I hope the macro comes back.

I'm not sure if that last part is a question, or just an emotion-filled statement...

If you still want it, it's just sitting in my 55 right now

Add another ph! :)

Kinda both?

altolamprologus
If you still want it, it's just sitting in my 55 right now

Add another ph! :)

Kinda both?

Bring it to the store next sat? Or you can grab it from your tank when I drop you off after SC tomorrow?

My angler already hates me for adding that one PH. I'm not going to toture him by adding another.

It's actually not that much stuff dying. The pencil caps are dead but theres like 4 baby ones that are still growing. The halimeda stopped growing, but that's probably just from the GHA blocking light and the yellow thing that I can't pronounce probably just needs higher light.

Not everything is dying. The dragon's breath and titan are growing really fast, the red grape has new grapes, the fire fern has new branches, etc.

But something is still wrong with my blue sponge. I swear something's eating it but I shined a flashlight on it after lights out several times and inspected it today and didn't see anything. I can see tracks in it where it looks like something was eating it as it crawled along it. Kinda like how snails leave a trail behind in film algae...

Bring it to the store next sat? Or you can grab it from your tank when I drop you off after SC tomorrow?

My angler already hates me for adding that one PH. I'm not going to toture him by adding another.

It's actually not that much stuff dying. The pencil caps are dead but theres like 4 baby ones that are still growing. The halimeda stopped growing, but that's probably just from the GHA blocking light and the yellow thing that I can't pronounce probably just needs higher light.

Not everything is dying. The dragon's breath and titan are growing really fast, the red grape has new grapes, the fire fern has new branches, etc.

But something is still wrong with my blue sponge. I swear something's eating it but I shined a flashlight on it after lights out several times and inspected it today and didn't see anything. I can see tracks in it where it looks like something was eating it as it crawled along it. Kinda like how snails leave a trail behind in film algae...

I think grabbing it tomorrow would be easier, you can borrow a bucket :)

Mm, what light do you have on there now, the old one?

Dude, my Dragon's Breath like disappeared! It's weird, I had a large clump :(

Something much be eating it then, nudis are often the same color as the stuff they eat, so maybe it's just small or blends in or something? :/

altolamprologus
I think grabbing it tomorrow would be easier, you can borrow a bucket :)

Mm, what light do you have on there now, the old one?

Dude, my Dragon's Breath like disappeared! It's weird, I had a large clump :(

Something much be eating it then, nudis are often the same color as the stuff they eat, so maybe it's just small or blends in or something? :/

Cool thanks :)

It's a new bulb, but it's a t12 or something crappy like that.

I'll give you some dragon's breath when mine grows a bit more.

Next time you get the chance you should come look at it. Maybe it got some air in it and is just dying? But wouldn't it turn brown first, not just disappear?

Cool thanks :)

It's a new bulb, but it's a t12 or something crappy like that.

I'll give you some dragon's breath when mine grows a bit more.

Next time you get the chance you should come look at it. Maybe it got some air in it and is just dying? But wouldn't it turn brown first, not just disappear?

Np :)

Is it a fw bulb?

Thankies! :D

But you said it's like they're trails on it? could you get a pic?

Archived