Top Shelf Aquatics

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

Oh I just remembered, that caulerpa in the pic is gone. A couple leaves went asexual and I forgot to take the out then overnight the entire thing went asexual <_< Anyone know how long it takes for the new caulerpas to pop up?

Don't worry, the more than likely won't. This happened to me back in the spring in my BioCube 14. I woke up and found that every piece went sexual overnight, so I did a 50% WC to clear up the sex stuff (whatever the shizz was floating around in the water)... I waited for weeks and nothing popped up. So I would do some water changes, run some airstones, turn on a skimmer, run carbon, etc. That's all I did and caulerpa-free until today!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. It had those colors, but the purple was darker. It had to be at least 4-5" and it was round, as round as an apple. It moved really slowly.

GOSH DANGIT. <_<

You know how I mentioned it was like an apple in an earlier pots? Well I just googled it... IT'S CALLED A SEA APPLE. Derp. :lol:

Sounds like a sea apple

OMG. I DIDN'T TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY BUT YOU WERE RIGHT.

I'm stupid. :(

My description was accurate though...

475seaapple.jpg

altolamprologus
Don't worry, the more than likely won't. This happened to me back in the spring in my BioCube 14. I woke up and found that every piece went sexual overnight, so I did a 50% WC to clear up the sex stuff (whatever the shizz was floating around in the water)... I waited for weeks and nothing popped up. So I would do some water changes, run some airstones, turn on a skimmer, run carbon, etc. That's all I did and caulerpa-free until today!

It went asexual a couple weeks ago, plus no skimmer so there's nothing I can do! Lol I don't think it's going to pop up but who knows.

Alto, I saw some hitchhiking on a rock at ATL, you could get some of that

Some what? Caulerpa? Not sure if I want it to go asexual again.

where's the fishie?

He's still in there. I just haven't taken any pics. I'll get another feeding vid eventually.

• 3 weeks later...
altolamprologus
Meh no thanks, you can do it! :P It's so pretty! I was actually surprised the price was so low.

But anyways, what's up with this tank?

Not much really. The sand sifter star has completely cleaned all the cyano off the sandbed so he's going back to the store saturday. The GHA stopped growing. The stuff that was already there remains, but there hasn't been any new GHA for a couple weeks. I have a really cool medusa worm that's yellow with black stripes. That's about it. I've been pretty focused of the other tanks and haven't done anything with this one.

Oh but I do have little round white bugs about the size of tigger pods crawling on my sponges....

• 2 weeks later...
altolamprologus
He looks like he is getting BIG!

He is! I was looking at the first pic I have of him and I'd say he's doubled in size.

Love the tank! :happydance:

Archived