inTank Media Baskets

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Long term I think a wartskin would be best because of the size, but I'm partial to the kick @ss stripes of striated anglers. If your FOWLER can handle the bioload of a full grown striated, I say go for that.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
Don't you have any new blob pics?

LOL make him work for his food! :lol:

No new blob pics. I didn't let Yoshii take any pics of the tank when she was over here :lol: I promise a photo dump when the tank looks better :)

Sounds like I would need to breed ghost shrimp or saltwater mollies for the days where Big Als doesn't have Chromis on for $5 each.

Ghost shrimp are a pain to breed. I would just buy a couple dozen at a time and keep the in a 5 gallon bucket. That'll be a couple weeks worth of food. Saltwater mollies are a good idea though. If I had the room, I would be breeding them for my angler.

How much do chromis normally cost? I get them $2.49 regular price.

Long term I think a wartskin would be best because of the size, but I'm partial to the kick @ss stripes of striated anglers. If your FOWLER can handle the bioload of a full grown striated, I say go for that.

Yeah the FOWLR can handle it for sure, It's a 65 gallon tank with about 125 lbs of rock and I am running a Iwaki 70 cranked open on that tank LOL, I have ALOT of water movement from just the main return pump, The ONLY fish I have ever lost in this tank are a 6 line grouper and a yellow coris wrasse and both of them were because they jumped outta the tank, Plus I could keep 8 or so damsels in there at all times for him to snack on as he wants to

I do kinda like the striated angler but that first one with all the white is SOO beautiful looking

altolamprologus
Yeah the FOWLR can handle it for sure, It's a 65 gallon tank with about 125 lbs of rock and I am running a Iwaki 70 cranked open on that tank LOL, I have ALOT of water movement from just the main return pump, The ONLY fish I have ever lost in this tank are a 6 line grouper and a yellow coris wrasse and both of them were because they jumped outta the tank, Plus I could keep 8 or so damsels in there at all times for him to snack on as he wants to

I do kinda like the striated angler but that first one with all the white is SOO beautiful looking

It seems like you like the wartskin better

altolamprologus
Are you sure? ;)

DSC02117.jpg

Hmm I wonder what other pics of this tank I have :P

I forgot about that one. You better not have taken any other pics!

Are you sure? ;)

DSC02117.jpg

Hmm I wonder what other pics of this tank I have :P

HAHA Awesome! Blob of doom!

Pretend Alto is posting these again

DSC02115.jpg

Sun Coral coming out to feed

DSC02116.jpg

HH "Sun Coral" has grown like crazy and gotten huge!

Nice!

how big is the blob of doom now?

AAAHHHH I'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!!!!! omgomgomgomgomgomg:tears::tears:

Was it a sponge? Algae? Scorpionfish? Seahorse?

looks like they sold out. It was an angler, only a different kind, stayed rather small. shucks. don;t remember the name of it. sowwy.

altolamprologus
how big is the blob of doom now?

looks like they sold out. It was an angler, only a different kind, stayed rather small. shucks. don;t remember the name of it. sowwy.

He's about 1.5 inches, maybe 1.75. Hard to know for sure. Next time Yoshii comes over I can get a pic of him in my hand to compare to the pic on the first page. He's probably twice that size now.

There's this one frogfish, Antennatus duescus, whose max size is about an inch! They're not too colorful, but I wouldn't mind having a couple of those in a pico!

Ghost shrimp are a pain to breed. I would just buy a couple dozen at a time and keep the in a 5 gallon bucket. That'll be a couple weeks worth of food .

You use ghost shrimp as food? I read on tonmo.com that freshwater shrimp are not good for marine animals because of the fatty acid profile compared to marine shrimp. That goes for octopus and cuttlefish though, so I'm not sure about anglers. Still, better to go with that saltwater feeder shrimp from reefs2go.com IMO

altolamprologus
You use ghost shrimp as food? I read on tonmo.com that freshwater shrimp are not good for marine animals because of the fatty acid profile compared to marine shrimp. That goes for octopus and cuttlefish though, so I'm not sure about anglers. Still, better to go with that saltwater feeder shrimp from reefs2go.com IMO

Yeah that's true. I only used them as a transition food to frozen. I fed them to him for a couple weeks tops. I tried to get saltwater shrimp, but no one around me sold them and it gets expensive online.

altolamprologus

I moved my carnation coral to this tank so I can spot feed it easier. The smaller stalk is looking great, but the bigger one hasn't come out yet :unsure:

I was thinking of adding more NPS corals. Any suggestions? I know I want a black sun coral for sure.

I live in Canada where we pay too much for everything. A chromis is about $10 regular price at my LFS. If I want cheaper I have to drive to Toronto which is about an hour and a half away.

altolamprologus

I got 4 tiny talbot's damsels (the least sucky of the damsels) and put them in a net baby saver until I can remove the murderous 4 stripe damsel. Well my angler has been sitting right next to the baby saver with his lure touching it all night and all this morning. I think somebody's hungry :lol:

altolamprologus
you promised pictures of him in your hands for a size comparison. -_-

You can take a video and laugh again if that is easier. :D

I'll get pics eventually. And I semi-redid the tank...

You're never gonna let that go are you?

altolamprologus
it was totally cute. so ya, no.

I'm 5'6" and a bad@ss b!tch. Nothing I do is cute. NOTHING!!!!!!!

Defdef coming along! :)

I like the angler... Pretty cute still. I also like the sun polyps! :D

I love my suns :D They add so much color to the tank

Oh and I have baby suns! So far I've found 4 baby polyps scattered around the tank. I have baby purple tunicates too :)

BTW Euphy, is that a pitcher plant as your avatar?

Archived