inTank Media Baskets

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are they yours? I love them :)

Sadly, the first one wasn't. The first one (if you saw it) is like my dream plant because it looks like a bawss with it's spikes and such, but it is an utlrahighlander and requires 40F night temperatures with 100% humidity, saturated... Both of which can't be provided for long periods of time. :(

The one you're seeing now is mine, and it's probably my favorite. The pitcher you're seeing is it's baby pitchers. The bigger pitchers should look like this... Gonna be a few years before I get to see that though. :(

Oh and thanks! Yeah I love them too! :happy:

altolamprologus
Sadly, the first one wasn't. The first one (if you saw it) is like my dream plant because it looks like a bawss with it's spikes and such, but it is an utlrahighlander and requires 40F night temperatures with 100% humidity, saturated... Both of which can't be provided for long periods of time. :(

The one you're seeing now is mine, and it's probably my favorite. The pitcher you're seeing is it's baby pitchers. The bigger pitchers should look like this... Gonna be a few years before I get to see that though. :(

Oh and thanks! Yeah I love them too! :happy:

I saw both. That first one was really cool, but I think all carnivorous plants are ridiculously awesome. Sadly I can't even keep a venus flytrap alive.

I saw both. That first one was really cool, but I think all carnivorous plants are ridiculously awesome. Sadly I can't even keep a venus flytrap alive.

There are north american pitcher plants that look completely different, but they're the same concept. You could put one in a planter box and sit it outside, it should grow. They can even live through snow. I don't think VFT are that extreme, but they are native to North Carolina I believe, so they should grow outside as long as you bring them inside when it frosts. Just water with RO/DI because they can't tolerate mineral build up near the roots! :)

altolamprologus
There are north american pitcher plants that look completely different, but they're the same concept. You could put one in a planter box and sit it outside, it should grow. They can even live through snow. I don't think VFT are that extreme, but they are native to North Carolina I believe, so they should grow outside as long as you bring them inside when it frosts. Just water with RO/DI because they can't tolerate mineral build up near the roots! :)

I don't think I'm going to try again. The last 2 I had wouldn't even respond to the hairs in their traps being touched. Couldn't get them to eat anything

Kinda off-topic, but

1. Euphy that's a really cool pitcher plant in your avvie!

2. Metro, I love you sig! Did you make it? I think I'm in love with the colors :wub:

Pictures of re-done tank? :D

1. Euphy that's a really cool pitcher plant in your avvie!

Pictures of re-done tank? :D

Thanks! I have about 300 more of different varieties on the way because I just got some seeds from Indonesia as well. :P

And yeah, pics of re-done tank is a must... Didn't even realize it was redone!

Thanks! I have about 300 more of different varieties on the way because I just got some seeds from Indonesia as well. :P

And yeah, pics of re-done tank is a must... Didn't even realize it was redone!

WOAH :blink: Sounds awesome! You have space to keep them all?

See! She hid it in one line

WOAH :blink: Sounds awesome! You have space to keep them all?

See! She hid it in one line

I really don't, haha! The seller I bought them from has good germination rates of their seeds since they're newly collected, so I may end up with around 100 (conservatively) if everything goes correctly. :D

I'll just post the link to what I want you to see... Pony Meme

altolamprologus

I tried to take a cell pic (remember it's 1.6 megapixels and has like a 3 second shutter) but that failed. So I blame Yoshii for not being here with a camera.

In other news, the talbot's damsels are being extremely civil and not killing each other like pancakes did to eggs. They're also being super cute darting in and out of holes in the rocks.

Oh and pancakes has been eaten by the black blob of doom.

I tried to take a cell pic (remember it's 1.6 megapixels and has like a 3 second shutter) but that failed. So I blame Yoshii for not being here with a camera.

Hey! You're the one who told me not to take pics of this tank! All your fault!

Talbots are so pretty and cute! :wub:

altolamprologus
Hey! You're the one who told me not to take pics of this tank! All your fault!

Talbots are so pretty and cute! :wub:

Only because it looked like crap. Now that the new rock is in and I moved a couple things around it looks a lot better. I just have to clean up the sandbed and move the monti caps over to the 29 and it'll be ready for a photoshoot!

It didn't!

Ooh I'm excited to see it with the new rock! Does the tank look more filled in? Or crowded?

Be done by Friday! Or else you'll have to wait another week

altolamprologus
It didn't!

Ooh I'm excited to see it with the new rock! Does the tank look more filled in? Or crowded?

Be done by Friday! Or else you'll have to wait another week

It looks perfectly filled in, and still has plenty of open space. I'm probably be doing the water change tomorrow or thursday so friday is perfect!

muahahhahahah

:huh:

:D

Is it bad I was happy he got eaten?

Oh and just in case you wanted to know, it was still twitching while in blobby's stomach :huh:

altolamprologus
barfbag.jpg

:lol: Nice replacement. Now if only you could make that into a tiny little emoticon with a little sad face puking into it...

Not for Rebecca Black it isn't!

Es ist Freitag, Freitag müssen gehen unten am Freitag! :happy:

Worst song ever. :/

Archived