ReefCleaners.org

Gritchie4's 5.5 gal. Pico

gritchie4

Verizon...I'm about to get my cdl though so I can drive oil trucks. Make good money. Make more to spend more on a bigger better tank. I need to upgrade bad.

Tank is looking good btw gritch.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Verizon ftw lol. Man today has sucked. I had to take an online test for class, work on 2 discussion questions for my online classes, and now im working on 2 essays that are due thursday. I also have a test on wednesday and another essay due next weekend. I hate school. I cant wait till its all over. I wanted to get a new FTS but i literally had no time. I fed my sexies some shrimp pellets and mysis today and they seemed to love the pellets. I also had to save a nassarius snail from a hermit crab during feeding. He started to flip the snail over so i flicked him out of the way. Now its time to work on the ssays again and get of n-r.

Time for some before and after pics for you guys.

FTS when first started in February

IMAG0263.jpg

And now 4-11-11

IMAG0601.jpg

Red Mushroom on 3-22-11

IMAG0500.jpg

Red Mushroom now 4-11-11

IMAG0600.jpg

lookin good gritchie. My tank is at a standstill cause im broke and im kind of out of room lol. plus I think I might be moving to vegas sooner than I was expecting.

lookin good gritchie. My tank is at a standstill cause im broke and im kind of out of room lol. plus I think I might be moving to vegas sooner than I was expecting.

Thanks man. Dont worry im broke too. And Vegas baby. Let me know if you do end up moving, i'll tell you where not to move lol.

Also we got the lamp for the TV in and its fixed. Thankfully i dont have to buy a new tv. Also i had to rescue my nassarius this morning from my grab. I fed the sexies and as always the nassarius snails came out and decided to crawl up the glass. Well when he got to the top i guess he wanted a fast way down so he just fell onto his back. Well it happened to fall right in front of the hermit and the crab started to grab it. So i took out the turkey baster and had a tug-o-war with the crab lol. The turkey baster won and the nassaruis a headed back into the sand.

Drift Monkey
Tell me about it. Thing almost got itself killed.

My nerites are crazier...it's a daily chore to look for them on my carpet...

And here is the video fro you drift of the ninja hermit crab. It is upside down cause i guess my phone was the wrong way when i filmed it and didnt realize cause it looked fine while filming.

Drift Monkey
And here is the video fro you drift of the ninja hermit crab. It is upside down cause i guess my phone was the wrong way when i filmed it and didnt realize cause it looked fine while filming.

Turn it right back up! :P Man that crab was swingin'!

Found two flatworms just now and sucked them out. This better not become a problem.

I put them in the left over mysis from feeding the tank.

IMAG0605.jpg

Drift Monkey
Found two flatworms just now and sucked them out. This better not become a problem.

I put them in the left over mysis from feeding the tank.

IMAG0605.jpg

Frozen mysis?

Frozen mysis?

Yea. What i do is thaw a cube and put it in thin layers in different cups and freeze it again and then when i need to use it i thaw a chunk at a time in tank water and pick out pieces with a tweezer.

Drift Monkey
Yea. What i do is thaw a cube and put it in thin layers in different cups and freeze it again and then when i need to use it i thaw a chunk at a time in tank water and pick out pieces with a tweezer.

Hmmm...good idea. Gonna try to pick up some of these soon, maybe some cyclop-eeze too!

yea otherwise you have to keep thawing out the cube and it takes forever to do that. Plus you dont waste as much.

Took a break between writing essays to take some pics of the tank.

This guy was just sticking out the rock on 4/5/11. Here is it today. And apparently there are 2. One is still kind of in the rock still.

IMAG0606.jpg

Green Palys

IMAG0607.jpg

Red Mushroom and Babies

IMAG0608.jpg

Rics

IMAG0609.jpg

Sexy Shrimp

IMAG0613.jpg

Your green palys look like mine! B)

Yea they do huh haha. I have to find a spot for them. The florida ceriths keep moving them around when they are cleaning the sand. Maybe on the outside of the rock kind of by the feather dusters.

Drift Monkey
Yea they do huh haha. I have to find a spot for them. The florida ceriths keep moving them around when they are cleaning the sand. Maybe on the outside of the rock kind of by the feather dusters.

Glue 'em to your rockwork or something. I've been feeding mine everyday and they've gotten HUGE! :happy:

Yea i feed mine when i remember to. Maybe i can find time this weekend to glue them to the rock. I want these guys to spread like crazy.

Drift Monkey
Yea i feed mine when i remember to. Maybe i can find time this weekend to glue them to the rock. I want these guys to spread like crazy.

I see why you want some of mine though...:P

I need some green palys. The only palys that I have are the red people eaters. I like :wub:

Well go get some lol. I would send you some but I only have 3

Archived