Pod Your Reef

Gritchie4's 5.5 gal. Pico

gritchie4

gritchie4

Update time... You ready for this... Nothing new has happened with the tank :P Everything is the same as its been for awhile. Just been feeding the sexies, cleaning the glass, and doing water changes. School has been kicking my a**. It seems like almost everyday i have a paper or assignment due. However, during my usual inspection of the tank this morning i noticed some coralline algae forming in the fuge. I have a pic but its not the best. Other than that everything looks the same.

Coralline Algae

IMAG0677.jpg

And since I have no other pics of the tank... some pics of the puppies.

IMAG0674.jpg

IMAG0673.jpg

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gritchie4

Decided to stop being lazy today and took some pics of the tank after i cleaned the glass.

Red Mushrooms Spreading out

IMAG0682.jpg

Close up of the Rics

IMAG0688.jpg

IMAG0691.jpg

Sexy and Feather Duster

IMAG0686.jpg

Sexies acting Suspicious

IMAG0683.jpg

FTS

IMAG0693.jpg

gritchie4
Cool Cave!

Thanks. Im thinking of getting some reef putty to keep it together because i keep knocking it when i have to move something in the tank.

Milkeeway

That's so funny I just moved from San Diego to L.A. miss it already! Hope you had a great time, awesome B-day Present!! Happy belated B-Day!

Drift Monkey
That's so funny I just moved from San Diego to L.A. miss it already! Hope you had a great time, awesome B-day Present!! Happy belated B-Day!

No wonder you're broke... :lol:

gritchie4

So I decided tonight to mess with my camera phone settings. I got some good pics with the normal light on and some alright actinic shots with my all blue par30 bulb. It is the hardest thing to adjust your camera to take actinic pics with leds. Well hopefully you like.

Normal Shots:

Sexy Shrimp doing his thing

IMAG0732.jpg

New Ric Formation

IMAG0730.jpg

Rics at feeding time

IMAG0710.jpg

My Favorite Zoas

IMAG0707.jpg

Ric Up close

IMAG0706.jpg

Actinics (Rics are the only ones that came out ok)

IMAG0718.jpg

IMAG0726.jpg

IMAG0681.jpg

gritchie4

Yea I tried for like a half hour and just gave up. All the awesome colors just get washed out.

use a camera and manually adjust the white balance to a custom setting (not preset "daylight, flourescent, underwater" or w/e the default ones are.

gritchie4

I only use my phone to take pics. It takes better pics than my girlfriends digital camera. There is only preset choices on my phone

Drift Monkey
I only use my phone to take pics. It takes better pics than my girlfriends digital camera. There is only preset choices on my phone

I'd probably be able to afford a DSLR if I stopped buying tank stuff... :lol:

gritchie4
I'd probably be able to afford a DSLR if I stopped buying tank stuff... :lol:

Yea so could I if i stopped paying rent for like 2 months haha.

So this hermit is by far the most photogenic thing in the tank. He sits at the front of the tank and just stares at you waiting to take a pic. Sometimes it feels like he is stalking you lol... kind of creepy.

IMAG0733.jpg

Drift Monkey
Yea so could I if i stopped paying rent for like 2 months haha.

So this hermit is by far the most photogenic thing in the tank. He sits at the front of the tank and just stares at you waiting to take a pic. Sometimes it feels like he is stalking you lol... kind of creepy.

IMAG0733.jpg

you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

gritchie4

Haha Drift. What am I going to do. I got ninja sexy shrimp, a stalker hermit crab. and zombie nassarius snails. My tank in turning into a freak show.

Drift Monkey
Haha Drift. What am I going to do. I got ninja sexy shrimp, a stalker hermit crab. and zombie nassarius snails. My tank in turning into a freak show.

Charge for the freak show...that's what you do! ;)

gritchie4
Charge for the freak show...that's what you do! ;)

Then i could afford a dslr... Genius!!!

Drift Monkey
Then i could afford a dslr... Genius!!!

Exactly! :lol: I got a Spanish final tomorrow at 2pm. I'm having the hardest time making myself study... -_-

gritchie4

Yea i got finals next week and graduation next saturday. Cant wait for it to be over.

gritchie4

So while feeding the sexies today we had some fighting over food going on. First one of the sexy shrimp and one hermit were playing tug-o-war over a pellet. Then there was the other (smaller) shrimp playing tug-o-war with a huge amphipod. Lets just say the pod and hermit crab won. And now for a random photo of the day haha.

IMAG0737.jpg

gritchie4

Updated FTS in 1st post. Finally got some decent pics with the actinics on.

IMAG0769.jpg

IMAG0765.jpg

Can you spot the sexy shrimp?

IMAG0755.jpg

And a random Sexy Pic

IMAG0745.jpg

Drift Monkey
Updated FTS in 1st post. Finally got some decent pics with the actinics on.

IMAG0769.jpg

IMAG0765.jpg

Can you spot the sexy shrimp?

IMAG0755.jpg

And a random Sexy Pic

IMAG0745.jpg

Decent shots...I know those were tough to try and get.

I don't see any anemone shrimp... :unsure:

Thanks man. I basically used the whole battery life to try and get the settings right to get those shots.

I havent had a chance to go to any LFS's lately. Its finals week and graduation is saturday. I may go sunday to treat myself to a graduation gift haha.

Drift Monkey
Thanks man. I basically used the whole battery life to try and get the settings right to get those shots.

I havent had a chance to go to any LFS's lately. Its finals week and graduation is saturday. I may go sunday to treat myself to a graduation gift haha.

Party hard man! :naughtydance:

Archived