Innovative Marine Aquariums

Gritchie4's 5.5 gal. Pico

gritchie4

I think that may have been a little high, but decent enough. I would have paid about $15 or less for that frag. if i was selling that frag I'd probably sell it for $14 or so just cuz of that bleached part.

its going to look cool when it grows into a colony in your tank though :)

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree its going to look good once it grows. the price was definitely cheaper than the LFS prices. The stores here charge a lot for sps frags

That sucks. I'm happy about the frag. I like the color and its cool to actually have a sps coral. I showed my gf and she was like finally you have something that looks like coral.

i think when regular people hear the word coral, they think of the branching SPS colonies (or at least their white skeletons). that may have changed now though, i am not sure.

Thanks. Im wanting more sps now though.

The tank move should be done by this weekend. Params on the new tank have spiked and leveled off. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

K so the move is happening on saturday. The tank is being put on a stand buiklt for a 40 gallon tank so i have to add a level surface for it to sit on.

Meanwhile i took some pics with my all blue par30 bulb. The orange digi looks awesome under the blue lights but unfortunately my camera cant pick it up. Also have a video of the pulsing xenia. When i first put them in they stopped pulsing for a day or two and then I did a large water change and they havent stopped since. Hope you like.

IMAG1024.jpg

IMAG1023.jpg

IMAG1022.jpg

IMAG1021.jpg

IMAG1019.jpg

th_VIDEO0024.jpg

Big Update!!!!!!!!!

Before:

IMAG1011.jpg

After:

IMAG1034.jpg

Before:

IMAG0976.jpg

After:

IMAG1026.jpg

IMAG1029.jpg

IMAG1028.jpg

IMAG1027.jpg

IMAG1031.jpg

IMAG1030.jpg

IMAG1032.jpg

Everything is still getting adjusted and acclimated but so far everything looks like its going to be fine. So it is official, everything is now in the 5.5 gal tank. More pictures to come when everything opens up more.

yea it was a pain. I was mainly worried about the sexy shrimp cause i have them for awhile. There were still a good amount of feather dusters left behind in the old tank.

It really is amazing. They just grew out the rock and multiplied like crazy. Im really liking the extra space and the new scape. It really gives me more spots for corals.

Some new close up pics. Everything acclimated to the new tank really well and survived so im really happy.

My ric garden

IMAG1039.jpg

Red mushroom rock (probably going to take some off and sell them)

IMAG1040.jpg

Orange Digi. This piece came off during the tranfer so i stick it here.

IMAG1038.jpg

Rest of the Orange digi

IMAG1037.jpg

Green Palys and Red Mushrooms

IMAG1036.jpg

New FTS

IMAG1042.jpg

K well pictures can sometimes be boring so i took some video instead. Hope you like.

Up close of all the corals in the tank

th_VIDEO0028.jpg

Video of all the feather dusters (Newman this one is for you haha)

th_VIDEO0026.jpg

Video of the whole tank. You can really see how much shimmer is going on.

th_VIDEO0030.jpg

FTS.jpg

Here is what im thinking about placement of current and future corals. Rics (1) will be moved to other side of tank into their own rock so they can cover that rock. The red and green zoas (2) and the green palys (3) will move to the zoa rock on the right side and make that a nice zoa and paly rock. The orange digi (4) will be placed against the rock directly behind it. I plan on having two plating montis (5 and 6) on either side of the digi. Up top i plan on having a green digi (7), a birdnest (8), and some sort of acro (9). On the top next to the zoa rock im planning on maybe a duncan (10) or some type of lps. Same for the other side where the filter intake is (11). Below that i plan on another plating monti (12). And finally maybe an acan (13) or something where the rics are currently. How does that look? Any other ideas or suggestions from guys would really help.

Edit: Numbers are kind of hard to see. 5 and 6 are on either side of the orange digi. 7,8,9, and 10 go from left to right above the orange digi. 11 is on the top left side of the rock and 12 is right below that. hope that helps.

Archived