Pod Your Reef

Gritchie4's 5.5 gal. Pico

gritchie4

my computer is so slow hat i can only see the vids as if they were just photos cycling through a slideshow :( but still nice to see the dusters haha.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my computer is so slow hat i can only see the vids as if they were just photos cycling through a slideshow :( but still nice to see the dusters haha.

Time for a new computer lol. Any advice on my future coral placements?

i cant afford a new computer for now haha. once i move, ill probably be forced to get one cuz im not taking this one with me (not mine)

coral placement will probably look good.

Picked up some new coral from a local reefer. Pick up a frag of gsp and a frag of idaho grape montipora.

GSP ( a frag this size is like 20 bucks at LFS here. Got it for 5)

IMAG1064.jpg

Monti (I didnt have time to put it on the rocks yet. It will be put on there tomorrow morning)

IMAG1065.jpg

He also threw in a green play frag for free but it didnt open up enough to get pics of it. Will try tomorrow.

sweet new corals. I love my gsp but I should have followed the advice of others and put it on its own seperate island because it has grown like crazy and pretty much owns its own back corner of the tank.

sweet new corals. I love my gsp but I should have followed the advice of others and put it on its own seperate island because it has grown like crazy and pretty much owns its own back corner of the tank.

I thought I would leave it on its own rock but the guy I got it from had a huge colony of it and it looked awesome. So I think I'm going to put it in the top right corner by my powerhead. I have wanted a frag of it for awhile but the lfs charge way too much for it.

Got a pic of the random palys frag.

IMAG1070.jpg

Also the gsp opened up a lot more today.

IMAG1075.jpg

And I put the monti on the rocks

IMAG1071.jpg

Top down of the gsp.

IMAG1077.jpg

K so i decided that I am going to get my jbj pico fixed and turn it into a mini frag tank. With the way my red mushrooms are growing and now i have xenia, gso, and palys that should grow like weeds, I will run out of sand fast in the 5.5 gal. Ordered some black eggcrate, frag plugs, and dry rock rubble from BRS. I am thinking of a boostled bulb for lighting, hydor pico powerhead and debating on whether to add a ac50 or ac70 for a fuge along with a hydor heater. Would i even need a fuge for a frag tank or should i just get an ac20 for added flow?

Received one of my two orders that I placed yesterday. Ordered a replacement lamp for my pico light because mine went a couple days ago. Also ordered 10in forceps and these things make life a lot easier. Ordered both from marine depot yesterday morning and got them this morning. Either friday or monday I will be getting my BRS order which consists of dry rock rubble, frag plugs, and black eggcrate.

I like your feather dusters! Looking nice.

So you going to make a frag tank out of your pico, lol. It so interesting to hear people are needing frag tanks for their pico's.

I like your feather dusters! Looking nice.

So you going to make a frag tank out of your pico, lol. It so interesting to hear people are needing frag tanks for their pico's.

Yea the red mushrooms and green palys are spreading like crazy. And now I have xenia and gsp so I'm sure ill run out of room soon.

Haven't taken pics of the sexies in awhile. I have had them for awhile now. They don't really eat any corals anymore which i am happy about. Kind of want to get a couple more.

IMAG1102.jpg

IMAG1103.jpg

Tank looks awesome, careful with idaho grape and gsp they both grow like mad.

Thanks. That is what I heard. Im planning a frag tank in the near future so they will go in there and I can give them to LFS or to our local club.

nice rock work u have going on i have a 5.5 that up and going nothing in there i had a pair of mated clowns in there but i sold them to all reef nano but im working on my 3/4 gallon good luck with it

nice rock work u have going on i have a 5.5 that up and going nothing in there i had a pair of mated clowns in there but i sold them to all reef nano but im working on my 3/4 gallon good luck with it

Thanks. Wow a 3/4 gallon. Thats tiny. What are you planning on stocking it with?

Nothing new has gone on with the tank. Actually it is probably going to be at a stand still for a little bit. Might be getting a new job, find out Tuesday, our offer on a new house got accepted and we might close by thanksgiving. And now this......

IMAG1145.jpg

Oh and she said yes!

I might just work on the frag tank. Have a couple pieces left to get.

Archived