inTank Media Baskets

Gritchie4's 5.5 gal. Pico

gritchie4

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little Update... Added a Hydor Pico 300 Powerhead because I wasnt happy with the flow. If I increased the ac70 it blew the sand out of the from of the tank and the hydor 180 powerhead wasnt getting enough power towards the other side of the tank. I also added the wavemaker attachment to the hydor 300 and i am extremely happy with the flow now. Also I noticed some growth on the monti cap along with the xenia and gsp. The rose milli and green milli are slowly increasing their bases so I am very happy about that. I also added a video giving a little idea of the new flow in the tank. Dont mind the barrage of frags on the sand. I will be selling them soon to some local reefers.

Monti Cap on 10-10-11

IMAG1071.jpg

Monti Cap on 10-25-11

IMAG1157.jpg

Xenia on 9-20-11

IMAG0977.jpg

Xenia on 10-25-11

IMAG1158.jpg

New Hydor Powerhead

IMAG1155.jpg

And finally the video

th_VIDEO0033.jpg

Thanks. Wow a 3/4 gallon. Thats tiny. What are you planning on stocking it with?

Mushrooms and zoa and polys and other low light coral

Forgot to plug the heater back in last night after a water change. Didnt realize till this morning. Everything looks fine except for the green acro. Polyps arent as extended as much and its not as green. Hopefully it recovers.

Congrats on the engagement man, I just recently proposed to my gf as well. It is very nerve racking but worth it. especially since she said I have the green light to get my bigger tank lol. Im pretty sure I could ask for anything and she would say yes.....or she better lol. The tank is lookin good.

Forgot to plug the heater back in last night after a water change. Didnt realize till this morning. Everything looks fine except for the green acro. Polyps arent as extended as much and its not as green. Hopefully it recovers.

thus why i have everything on a multi strip, lights, pump, heater. 1 button turns em off. 1 button turns it all on.

Congrats on the engagement man, I just recently proposed to my gf as well. It is very nerve racking but worth it. especially since she said I have the green light to get my bigger tank lol. Im pretty sure I could ask for anything and she would say yes.....or she better lol. The tank is lookin good.

Thanks man. I will never forget the look on her face. It was priceless.

thus why i have everything on a multi strip, lights, pump, heater. 1 button turns em off. 1 button turns it all on.

I have it all on multi strips too but my lights are also on it and the tank lights are the only source of light in that room unless its still sunny out. I need to get another one and put my powerheads, filter and heater on one and lights on the other.

LFS was having a sale so i got a few things. Picked up a green favia frag, red and blue acan, anemone shrimp, and a cintron clown goby.

IMAG1186.jpg

Fully Open:

IMAG1190.jpg

IMAG1195.jpg

IMAG1196.jpg

IMAG1193.jpg

Little man decided to be a little brave today and made he way around the tank.

IMAG1219.jpg

Favia seemed to be enjoying life.

IMAG1220.jpg

And got a pic of the anemone shrimp in his favorite ric.

IMAG1213.jpg

Did a frag swap with another local reefer. Picked up a small hammer frag, a small colt coral, some blue xenia, and some polyps. He said gold dusted and they look just like this but with not as must "gold dust".

Hammer

IMAG1246.jpg

Polyps

IMAG1247.jpg

Xenia

IMAG1245.jpg

Best pic of the colt coral

IMAG1232.jpg

Also moved my rics to their own rock.

IMAG1235.jpg

updated FTS on the 1st pg. Also got some random pics.

Hammer is settling in nicely

IMAG1275.jpg

Goby just hanging around

IMAG1258.jpg

My quick diy holding area so the ric can attach to something.

IMAG1261.jpg

Favia during feeding

IMAG1257.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have 2 powerheads in there along with the AC70. I happy with the flow the tank gets. The corals seem happy and are growing pretty well. The goby has no problems with the glow. He just sits on my acros and lets the current hit him.

Picked up some new corals and an invert. The invert is a porcelain crab but i couldnt get a pic of it. It was hiding in the gsp.

Hollywood Stunner

IMAG1312.jpg

Rainbow Monti

IMAG1311.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update... and a sad one. First my sexies decided that acans and chalices were on the menu. They tore apart one acan head and a couple mouths of my hollywood stunner chalice. Fortunately the corals are recovering. Then my goby decided to munch on my acros which bleached them and then decided to see how life was on the tile floor behind the tank. I found him yesterday all dried up. I'm hoping the acros recover but i doubt it. On a brighter note, my porcelain crab, sexy shrimps, and anemone shrimp are all doing great. All the corals are growing and looking really good. Picking up some new pieces later today and i got an early christmas gift for myself arriving today. Pics later tonight but here is one for now.

IMAG1322.jpg

Archived