Pod Your Reef

Gritchie4's 5.5 gal. Pico

gritchie4

Drift Monkey
Okay then, don't get the girl a ring. And in the mean time, no corals either. Everyone's miserable. It's a lose-lose situation IMO.

Fab, fab, fab...you're missing the point! No ring = no girl = more funds for coral currently and in the future! :P

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
el fabuloso

Oh. If we're taking the girl completely out of the equation then yes, that would be the best option. But something tells me George wants to keep the girl and have his corals too. ;)

Haha I love it when debates form when I'm asleep. I'm going to have to agree with el fab. I want the girl and the corals so the ring has to come first lol

I work nights. I just went to bed at 7:30 this morning and had to wake up for class. Then I'm taking my gf out to lunch for our 4 yr anniversary so it will be awhile before I go back to sleep. I'm a walking zombie right now

el fabuloso

Meh. Sleep is for the weak anyway. I don't know about you but I always do better when I've only had four hours of sleep.

Yea I'm used to it. Been doing it all semester. Thankfully graduation is around the corner.

Don't worry drift I knew you were joking.

Drift Monkey
Yea I'm used to it. Been doing it all semester. Thankfully graduation is around the corner.

Don't worry drift I knew you were joking.

Or was I? :P

I had <1 hour of sleep last night. Damn case brief!

So i moved the rics around a little bit. I decided to put 3 on one side of the tank and three on the other. It opens up the area they were all at a bit. Also my parents stopped by because i had to show my dad how to feed the sexies since ill be out of town the next couple of days. Well they brought me an early b-day present. It is an all blue BoostLED par30 bulb. This thing is awesome. It really makes the color on the corals pop. I couldnt get any good pics so i will mess with the settings a bit more. Just have to buy another fixture for that bulb tho. Anyway, i leave in the morning so hopefully my tank will be fine over the weekend. Here is a couple pics of the rics because i was bored.

IMAG0645.jpg

IMAG0644.jpg

How awesome is my girlfriend. She told me we were going out of town for my birthday but wouldn't tell me till this morning. Well I get home and there is a birthday card on the door saying we are going to san diego and are going to the padres vs. phillies game. Sweet!!!

Happy Easter everyone and Happy Birthday to me. Just got back from San Diego a little while ago and i already want to go back. Tank handled fine without me haha. Had my dad feed the sexies and top off the tank. He didnt like having to come over 3 times a day to top off haha. Took some pics of our trip i thought i would share. Hope you enjoy.

View from our hotel room

IMAG0647.jpg

View from the Hotel Bar

IMAG0649.jpg

IMAG0650.jpg

Me and my Girlfriend at the Hotel Bar (now you can put a face to a screenname)

IMAG0655.jpg

Our seat at the Padre vs. Phillies game

IMAG0659.jpg

IMAG0662.jpg

Mission Beach

IMAG0666.jpg

IMAG0667.jpg

el fabuloso

I LOVE San Diego. It's on my short list of places I want to live. And happy b-day and happy easter! :flower:

Your poor dad had to top off your tank? Don't you have an ATO?

If San Diego wasnt so expensive i would live there now haha. Yea my dad had to do it since I havent put together an ATO yet. It was fine though because my parents had to check on the dogs anyway.

Drift Monkey

San Diego is super nice...my dad's wife has a place there. I'd never live there though...Cali is broke as a joke!

A simple air-driven ATO is cheap and easy to make. Let me know if you need help making one. ;)

I have to look at some DIY including yours. I'll let you know if I nees help.

San Diego is super nice...my dad's wife has a place there. I'd never live there though...Cali is broke as a joke!

I would have to be in a place by the beach that is dog friendly. I'm use to states being broke cause Nevada is too haha

even a gravity fed ato is better than nothing. except when your system siphons out onto the floor and the ato dumps a quart of fresh into it....my morning was epic @ 5am

Drift Monkey
even a gravity fed ato is better than nothing. except when your system siphons out onto the floor and the ato dumps a quart of fresh into it....my morning was epic @ 5am

How the heck did that happen? :o

It is indeed nice to see who we are always giving complements to!

I have family in La Jolla and I go there ever Christmas. Great surprise!

Archived