Cultivated Reef

Gritchie4's 5.5 gal. Pico

gritchie4

Omega One Shrimp pellets are win. my hammer eats it, my pep shrimp eats it, my emerald and hermit will eat it, i am sure any mobile omnivorous invert will eat them. their smell is too bad to ignore.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uploaded a Video. This is before todays additions so ill try and take another one today.

New Additions. They are small cause they are pissed off from the car ride home.

IMAG0552.jpg

IMAG0553.jpg

There is one more ric i got but i couldnt get a good pic yet.

Drift Monkey
Omega One Shrimp pellets are win. my hammer eats it, my pep shrimp eats it, my emerald and hermit will eat it, i am sure any mobile omnivorous invert will eat them. their smell is too bad to ignore.

For sure...I've had good luck with nearly everything eating them.

Awesome new editions!

Thanks. They look awesome when I cover the white leds and only the blue are showing. Hopefully my gf or parents will get me a all blue boost led bulb for my birthday. That way I can get some actinic shots.

Just go to petco instead...:haha:

Lol yea so i can see their tanks full of algae. The one by me you have to try and find a clearing in the algae to see what's inside. Usually its a yellow tang in a 10 gallon tank with ick.

So I didn't get a chance to get to petsmart yet. I'm in the middle of working 12 days straight so its beginning to take its toll. So as of now the sexies are still eating mysis. Also tonight, as I was feeding the sexies before I went to work, I noticed the red mushroom is dropping a third baby. I have had this thing since march 21 and there is now a total of 4 red mushrooms lol. I can see this getting out of hand fast. Also I guess the current in the tank didn't like where the rics were cause I got home yesterday and they were spread out through the tank. Haven't had a chance to glue them down yet. I need a couple days off lol. Unfortunately no new pics since the only time I have to look at the tank is to feed it and top off. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some and maybe a video.

Couple new pics.

Found a Feather Duster on the rock that was never there before.

IMAG0559.jpg

These guys were closed for awhile. I guess i finally found their sweet spot.

IMAG0565.jpg

Apparently the ric didnt like where it was because it came off the rubble overnight and ended up on the other side of the tank when i got home from work this morning.

IMAG0561.jpg

Ric Garden

IMAG0562.jpg

New FTS

IMAG0568.jpg

Im uploading a video now. Ill post it when its done.

Yea i got to watch it before i go to work cause i dont want it to get into the powerhead lol.

Hmmm maybe ill make another video dedicated to the sexies lol. It takes forever for my phone to upload videos to youtube. Hopefully it will be up soon.

Drift Monkey
Yea i got to watch it before i go to work cause i dont want it to get into the powerhead lol.

Why not? Then you'll just get a butt load more rics...:P

Lol or just ric soup. That would probably be a lovely sight. Im going to try and do a video of the sexies during feeding time later. Its going to be fun trying to feed with one hand and shoot a video with the other.

Drift Monkey
Ok here is a new video. The first the HD version and the second is the normal version.

No commentary, no care...:haha:

Drift Monkey
Haha your tough to please lol.

Naw, it was good man. Do you plan on gluing those zoas and stuff to your rock or what?

Yea eventually lol. I just dont have the time right now. I found out today I get to have thursday through sunday off so Ill probaby do that then. A couple are going to stay where they are on the sand cause they are close to the rocks and love it in that spot.

lol actually they have been surprisingly good. Nothing has been touched for a few days (knock on wood). Hopefully it stays that way. Going to feed them soon and try and get a video of it.

Archived