Coral Vue Hydros

Gritchie4's 5.5 gal. Pico

gritchie4

yea for some reason its not. Photobucket is not running right on my phone right now. ill try and fix it

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depending where you are, if you order tonight...you could potentially get some by Friday!

I'll take a look at it!

It feels like there is so much on my list of things to buy!!

CUC

Test Kit

ATO System

Refractometer

Well maybe there's not that many 0.o but they are expensive so it feels like a lot :)

I'll take a look at it!

It feels like there is so much on my list of things to buy!!

CUC

Test Kit

ATO System

Refractometer

Well maybe there's not that many 0.o but they are expensive so it feels like a lot :)

Test kit is number one since you have corals and a fish already. Refractometer (or floating hydrometer, what I use) is next since you have stuff in the tank. Cuc is third depending on algae already forming. It will probably increase since you are feeding the tank. And ato last because it is not a necessity unless you are away from the tank a lot. Im able to top off 2-3 times a day since it fits in my schedule. I go through about a gallon a week or so in evap. And yes it can get expensive but its worth it. If my girlfriend knew how much I have spent on corals and equipment she would probably kill me lol. That's why I tell her everything I buy is only 20 bucks lol.

So i figured you guys are tired of seeing the same old pics so i tried to get some up close ones so you can see a little more detail in the coral. Hope you like.

He is waiting for his mission to Newman's Tank :lol:

IMAG0584.jpg

Dwarf Cerith doing work, The nerites need to learn from him lol.

IMAG0582.jpg

Florida Cerith got in trouble so i put him in the corner for a timeout

IMAG0583.jpg

Green Palys loving life even though the other florida cerith is about to bulldoze them

IMAG0585.jpg

Blue Zoanthids. Dont know the name so I'll call them Gritchie4's super amazing blue with white speckle zoas.

IMAG0586.jpg

My favorite zoas, jg said they might be alpha and omegas. Awesome colors especially under actinics.

IMAG0587.jpg

First clear pic of one of the hermits. Snuggling up with the wandering ric.

IMAG0577.jpg

Tomorrow Im going to work on the tank and see if I can finally glue some stuff to the rocks.

Drift Monkey

Seriously the dwarf ceriths are the only ones that are worth a damn right now. The others are pretty much lazy bastards! :haha:

Seriously the dwarf ceriths are the only ones that are worth a damn right now. The others are pretty much lazy bastards! :haha:

Very true. The nassarius are cool tho especially when i feed the tank and they come storming out of the sand.

i like the ascidians ;)

Is that what they are. They open and close a lot and I was wondering what they were.

Yea after working ten days straight I needed a break. Now I get to look at my tank while the lights are out.

Speaking of night watching! How did you set up your tank for moonlight? You use a boostled par30 right?

So how did you set it up?

Drift Monkey
Yea after working ten days straight I needed a break. Now I get to look at my tank while the lights are out.

The picotope fuge light kinda leaks too much might for my liking...but eh...you can see stuff at night! :P

I don't have a moonlight. I use a flashlight. I thought about getting a moonlight and somehow attaching it to the bulb but not sure how. Time to do some research.

I thought about doing the same thing! Like a ring of blue LED's around the

Par bulb but then wiring it doesn't make sense! I can't think of anything aesthetically pleasing!

Lol yea the fuge light light up a bit just enough to kind of see in the tank. I was thinking about fitting one of those currentusa moonlight.

im not sure how you have your bulb over the tank but ill have to show you a pic of how i have my moonlight set up. ill take a pic when i get home from work today. I'll also put some details on how i have my ato setup for the people who have been asking. I have just been so busy lately, especially last night...was at the hospital with my gf until 2 am and had to be at work at 6 this morning. I think I'm dying I'm so tired! I like the pics btw :happydance:

Drift Monkey
im not sure how you have your bulb over the tank but ill have to show you a pic of how i have my moonlight set up. ill take a pic when i get home from work today. I'll also put some details on how i have my ato setup for the people who have been asking. I have just been so busy lately, especially last night...was at the hospital with my gf until 2 am and had to be at work at 6 this morning. I think I'm dying I'm so tired! I like the pics btw :happydance:

hospital??? hope everything is fine... :o

They sell little hang on moonlights...

Are you talking about something that hangs off the side of the tank? If so I dont like the way it looks I want it to hang like my Par38 does!

Drift Monkey
Are you talking about something that hangs off the side of the tank? If so I dont like the way it looks I want it to hang like my Par38 does!

Yeah...but it wouldn't look too bad hanging off of the AC70..or in your case...the backpack...

You could also get creative and attach a moonlight to your PAR38. That would work. ;)

Archived