SaltCritters.com

My first 3g Picotope

pj86

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks bud, if you don't mind just me a pm when you're ready. =)

Love your tank btw, best picotope on NR. Shhhh don't tell el fab.

Ted

Sure will do.

Actually I agree with you. :happy:

Thanks.

Hey fab, some of your pico FTS were just jaw dropping. I still go back and admire them.

:o This tank is absolutely unbelievably amazing. :o

Thanks

Drift Monkey
I don't think I have posted an actinic only picture of the tank, so decided to take one

IMG_0290.JPG

Really awesome looking under actinics! The GSP looks like green fire!

el fabuloso
Hey fab, some of your pico FTS were just jaw dropping. I still go back and admire them.

That's exactly how I feel about yours! In all seriousness you've definitely taken the pico category to another level with all that NPS which IMO is much harder to keep stable in a pico than SPS. Great job!

P.S. actinic shot looks awesome!

brandon429

I will always like the stacked dense reef look the best. The clean open aquascape technique is fresh looking but in a tank stocked like this one it takes soooo long to inspect every single niche it just goes on and on.

All the corals are healthy and expanding into areas welcomed I like how there isn't any warfare where things are dying off, its packed n healthy.

el fabuloso

^^ +1!

I love the dense look as well especially in a tank this size. And like Brandon said, there are no signs of warfare or die offs which is a good indicator of good healthy growth where everything grew in harmoniously as oppose to a tank where corals are forced to coexist overnight and end up killing one another.

gritchie4
I don't think I have posted an actinic only picture of the tank, so decided to take one

IMG_0290.JPG

Wow! Just Wow! Thats all I can say about your tank. Wow!

Really awesome looking under actinics! The GSP looks like green fire!

Everyone loves to see that thing. First thing they see and ask about.

That's exactly how I feel about yours! In all seriousness you've definitely taken the pico category to another level with all that NPS which IMO is much harder to keep stable in a pico than SPS. Great job!

P.S. actinic shot looks awesome!

thanks, el fab your pico tank is legendary. I can't surpass that..lol.

I will always like the stacked dense reef look the best. The clean open aquascape technique is fresh looking but in a tank stocked like this one it takes soooo long to inspect every single niche it just goes on and on.

All the corals are healthy and expanding into areas welcomed I like how there isn't any warfare where things are dying off, its packed n healthy.

^^ +1!

I love the dense look as well especially in a tank this size. And like Brandon said, there are no signs of warfare or die offs which is a good indicator of good healthy growth where everything grew in harmoniously as oppose to a tank where corals are forced to coexist overnight and end up killing one another.

No crazy warfare, but I am struggling to keep the sun coral 100% happy. I have been noticing a decline, maybe it is because also I've been taking tests for the past month and haven't been to consistent with the feeding.

Wow! Just Wow! Thats all I can say about your tank. Wow!

Thanks

got got here and loving your pico and actinic shot :D

just wondering, are you still using the 12" 2x18w dual current satellite fixture? for all this? i cant seem to find any of your light post.

got got here and loving your pico and actinic shot :D

just wondering, are you still using the 12" 2x18w dual current satellite fixture? for all this? i cant seem to find any of your light post.

Thanks, yea it is the same current satellite fixture.

WillWork4Frags

Hey PJ, you still doing daily wc's? I'm currently doing it in my 2.5 and everything seems to be happy.

Hey PJ, you still doing daily wc's? I'm currently doing it in my 2.5 and everything seems to be happy.

Yep, but now my controller has taken that responsibility since about 4 weeks ago. I just have to refill the container that has the fresh saltwater.

WillWork4Frags

Wow that's awesome. Is there a pic of your set up in this thread? Do you do it manually or do you have it on a timer?

Wow that's awesome. Is there a pic of your set up in this thread? Do you do it manually or do you have it on a timer?

Right below, the photo is missing one more connection that I made. It is all automatic, even the feeding (24 hours). I still have one more safety switch to install to make it flood proof. It didn't start out this way, I was doing everything manually up until the beginning of April.

Here is a behind the scene photo of my aquarium. At first it started with only 5 outlets and now has grown into this. A beast.

P07573601.jpg

And here is a photo showing my pico at a distance, along with the apex lite mounted to the side of the wall.

P07573300.jpg

Is the fixture also providing the actinic too?! Cause I wouldnt mind having colour like that :P

Yep, it is a 2 x 18 watt current satellite 12". They are no longer made but sometimes you see them being offered in forums. I have one daylight bulb and one actinic, because I like the 10-12K look, and each one has its separate switch/power.

wow i thought my cords were insane x_x

We must keep telling ourselves - it's what's on the inside of the tank that counts lol

You can definitely start something like this with just the basic picotope and a little attention to tank maintenance (top-offs). Just do hardy soft corals though.

Well i pretty much hate myself for doing this but i just read all 25 page of your pico thread cause it was sooo much fun to see it develop! you truely have an amazing gift of being able to take care of your tank sooooo well. I can't believe how far the tank has come along in such a short amount of time! WELL DONE!

ps love the suncoral, i don't have the time or mentality to keep something like that kicking

ALNN you can set something up like this for a lot cheaper than I did. Just will require a little bit more time and attention without certain equipment.

Zoafreak, thanks.

Sorry guys for not updating this thread. Been having hard time in school. The tank is doing great, it has taken a life of its own, constantly changing and competing. I hope to post some pictures by the end of the month.

• 2 weeks later...
When I look at your tank, one word comes to mind: Juicy. And I mean that in a good way. :)

I'm inspired now with my 2G pico... absolutely beautiful.

Archived