Innovative Marine Aquariums

My first 3g Picotope

pj86

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have to complete my automatic feeding system and surface skimmer. And today I obtained a few small sps frags.

Drift Monkey
I also have to complete my automatic feeding system and surface skimmer. And today I obtained a few small sps frags.

Christmas came early? ;)

Also, I have decided sexy shrimp is going to have to be moved from this tank. It has been eating quite a bit of my trumpet, constantly eats the blasto which regenerates quickly, and now has started picking at my sps. Maybe it is time to reunite momma with babies...lol

Drift Monkey
Also, I have decided sexy shrimp is going to have to be moved from this tank. It has been eating quite a bit of my trumpet, constantly eats the blasto which regenerates quickly, and now has started picking at my sps. Maybe it is time to reunite momma with babies...lol

Man...all these reports of sexies eating corals are starting to make me reconsider...:unsure:

Drift Monkey
It's a part of nature man. Everything is going to eat something in your tank

I'd rather they eat non-expensive things... ;)

Drift Monkey
They are always hungry and have expensive tastes. Still cool tho

In the end...I might not be able to resist the sexy swaying of their rear ends...*sigh*

Lol, she was well behaved until she has gotten the size of about an inch. She is one BIG SEXY. Also, I don't want to sound sexist but when I had the male sexy, it was more calm and well behaved. I have really noticed that the female sexy begins to eat the corals a day or two when she is about to push some eggs. It probably drains a lot of energy out from the female sexy.

sexy shrimp are relentless. They really need to be fed a lot or else corals will be eaten. Mine love montipora they would rather eat them then any food I offer them.

By the way here is the list of what I have seen personally my sexy shrimp nibble at:

Monti cap

Sun coral

Red blasto

Seems to like only light brown colored zoa's

My newly acquired purple stylo

And his favorite kryptonite trumpet

The only corals that are really pissed are the sun coral, trumpet, and the stylo.

I feed my tank 10-12 times a day Min F and other micro food, mysis almost daily, every other day live BBS, 2 crushed hikari pellets every day, once in a while cyclo. What does she want?...lol

I got tired of seeing all of my corals pi$$ed off because the sexy shrimp so i moved mine to my gf's tank that is pretty much all mushrooms. They did however eat a head or frogspawn in her tank. Mine were the same way, i fed them once a day and they still picked at everything. They are cool but im thinking that i will hold off on getting more sexies until i have a nice display fuge for them. Tank is looking freakin amazing as always btw.

Thanks. So sexy has been moved to my 2nd picotope which contains only overgrown stuff from this tank. I will wait till the other sexies become large enough so I can reunite all of them in the vase, and make that a macro/easy corals vase.

Drift Monkey
Thanks. So sexy has been moved to my 2nd picotope which contains only overgrown stuff from this tank. I will wait till the other sexies become large enough so I can reunite all of them in the vase, and make that a macro/easy corals vase.

Good plan. Did you find sexies locally in Houston or did you have to order?

Drift Monkey
Fish Gallery. Are you looking for some?

Yeah...I'm only in Houston once a month or so though. I didn't even think Fish Gallery would still be open...they were on the verge of closing when I last visited. City Pets usually gets my business though.

I can't believe it my DIY chilled auto-feeder works!!!! Will post thread tonight.

CHILLED? I need to find a way to chill my pico! -_-

For some reason things love to nibble on that purple stylo. I find my emerald crab on mine quite oftin picking for polyps. Thus is the cirle of life I guess.

Drift Monkey
Drift Monkey, I might be willing to sell ya some. I say might because it will be very hard for me to part from my home raised sexy shrimp...lol. Let me know.

Sledgerton, the sexy shrimp didn't even wait an hour, he went right at it.

So as promised, I posted my DIY feeding system here

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=268468&hl=

I'd def take some off your hands! :lol:

Archived