Pod Your Reef

My first 3g Picotope

pj86

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drift Monkey
I feel like I'm forgetting something not feeding my aquarium 10-12x a day.

What do you feed that many times a day??

What do you feed that many times a day??

The whole tank a combination of roti-feast, phyto-feast, oyster-feast, and min F. It is mostly for the flaming scallop, gorgonian, sarco, feather dusters and a few sponges I have in there. Also maintains the micro-fauna extremely high.

Drift Monkey
The whole tank a combination of roti-feast, phyto-feast, oyster-feast, and min F. It is mostly for the flaming scallop, gorgonian, sarco, feather dusters and a few sponges I have in there. Also maintains the micro-fauna extremely high.

I'll make it a point keep mostly photosynthetic corals...feeding that much just seems like a PITA!

Pretty cool macroalgae started appearing on the lower right hand corner, do y'all think I should keep it? I also made a cool time lapse video of the aquarium, really cool to see aquarium come alive.

TIME LAPSE click here

And here are some higher quality photos

DSCF4327.JPG

DSCF4328.JPG

DSCF4329.JPG

that is an awsome video.

Your tank has really grown, great job

Awsome to see a local reefer on here for a change.

Drift Monkey that vine looking plant on the lower right hand corner. I believe it is C. peltata. Whoops I said left hand on the pic, my bad....corrected.

Drift Monkey
Drift Monkey that vine looking plant on the lower right hand corner. I believe it is C. peltata. Whoops I said left hand on the pic, my bad....corrected.

I kinda like it...I'd leave it, as long as it doesn't become invasive...

Just one more thing on the list to do with the controller, automatic water changes and a water sensor for flood safety!!!! And this system can go on for a week or two without maintenance. At the end I will be using a total of 15 outlets...lol. Don't worry everything is according to fire regulations, and have added safeties just in case.

15 outlets...damn.

i always wanted to do a time lapse vid of my tank...but from sunup to sundown if possible.

btw i only see one goby in the vid, where is the other one?

15 outlets...damn.

i always wanted to do a time lapse vid of my tank...but from sunup to sundown if possible.

btw i only see one goby in the vid, where is the other one?

Disappeared, most likely this goby just killed it and the crabs ate the corpse.

15 outlets??? Reliant Energy must love you! :haha:

lol, most remain off though.

Mr. Microscope

LOL! Nice! I love the little stomatella going across the glass in the beginning. That neon goby sure seems to like your blue mushroom. Great vid! Thanks for sharing!

I think you should pull that macro out right away. In a nutrient rich tank like yours it will thrive and soon take over. I get all kinds of weird macros growing in my big tank, they look nice at first, but when they start covering corals not so much.

I think you should pull that macro out right away. In a nutrient rich tank like yours it will thrive and soon take over. I get all kinds of weird macros growing in my big tank, they look nice at first, but when they start covering corals not so much.

Removed most of it about 4 days ago, kept two small pieces, so it can regrow and I can use it as a secondary nutrient transport.

When I look at your tank, one word comes to mind: Juicy. And I mean that in a good way. :)

lol...thanks

nice job pj

thanks

Here is a behind the scene photo of my aquarium. At first it started with only 5 outlets and now has grown into this. A beast.

P07573601.jpg

And here is a photo showing my pico at a distance, along with the apex lite mounted to the side of the wall.

P07573300.jpg

Archived