Top Shelf Aquatics

My first 3g Picotope

pj86

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I have become 25 today, man I'm becoming old! My pico officially becomes 1 year old in three days! I have been making some plans to celebrate my pico's 1 year anniversary.

You are all damn babies ... not telling how old I am =0p

But yes, a 1 year anniversary for your tank is a must. Great job!

happy birthday! good call on the tank too, 1 year is a milestone.

I just turned 21 a few days ago :P

Thanks

My tank is 2 months away from turning 1. Im pretty excited about it. I turn 24 in november, newmans just a baby lol :P

Nice, lol.

You are all damn babies ... not telling how old I am =0p

But yes, a 1 year anniversary for your tank is a must. Great job!

Hahaha.

Happy birthday to you and your tank haha. My tank only made it to 7 months before I upgraded but I was forced too.

Thanks, yea I was reading your thread and saw that you upgraded. I still like the cluster feather dusters you have in your tank.

So I went to my LFS and everyone knows how that goes. I went in to just get some RO/DI water but then began seeing around, the store had some neon gobies and this time I wanted to get a pair. I began observing them for a few minutes and was certain that I had found a mating pair. So currently I have a pair in my 2.5 gallon and they are so close to each other, seems like they cuddle all the time, I will try to capture it on video.

That is not all the story. So when I was walking out the store, I saw they had new aquariums in. And one just caught my eye, I had to have it. Never seen the design before, It is an aqua one panorama 60, it has a bow front and it is a 7-8 gallon tank. Im so excited about this new tank.

The pico will remain as is, no breaking down the pico, I have become to attached to it. I hope this new tank can compare to the pico some day.

Well here are some pics

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

Cute goby pair =0)

And yeah, I have seen that tank a few times down here and thought about how great it would be for a reef. Look forward to seeing it start up!

LED to the max

if you dont want to spend money on bulb changes definitely go with LEDs (maybe make them) otherwise your best bet would be a 150W MH lamp or some sort of T5.

that will work well.

Hmm went with 2 ecoxotic PAR38 14k bulbs, hopefully I like them. I read reviews about the MH and they said it releases way to much heat for the price of the fixture, that is why people sell them.

That is a nice new tank. Love the look and those dimensions. Should be epic just like the pico.

I hope it comes out like the pico.

So a little update on my pico tank. I was looking around and saw that my pom pom crab is carrying eggs! Im pretty excited about it, not sure if I will give it a try to raise them, will be much harder than sexy shrimp.

Archived