Innovative Marine Aquariums

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

does that mean tank break down? Sniff sniff... not again!

Not moving! All Systems GO!

Don't make fun of my dumb questions :P

P.S. You're AC media basket and little submersible halogen light are working awesomely on my fluval edge.

Thanks! I thought they were Duncan's -_- Still new to this whole reef thing. I'm looking for something like that to fill up some low flow, shady spots in my edge.

I also love you're little branchy hairy tree looking thing... dare I ask what that one is? Though it looks a bit too complicated for my small setup.

It's a non photosynthetic gorgonian. Welcome to the hobby!

Med... any updates?

Got mah radions in today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey med- got a few questions...

what advice can you offer on acan placement? I already started so I should have asked already... Haha. Will adjacent zoos inhibit acan growth?

and any advice on chalice placement? You can check my 90 thread for the new frags... But I sent in my camera for repairs so I don't have any pics of the corals all settled in... Just the day of acclamation.

You know, I don't think I ever came in here to check out this tank... it looks spectacular!

I really dig the layout and your livestock choices. I'll have to check in more often.

I wanna see some more pics of your inverts/fish ;)

Soon!

hey med- got a few questions...

what advice can you offer on acan placement? I already started so I should have asked already... Haha. Will adjacent zoos inhibit acan growth?

and any advice on chalice placement? You can check my 90 thread for the new frags... But I sent in my camera for repairs so I don't have any pics of the corals all settled in... Just the day of acclamation.

Acan's like moderate flow and low to moderate lighting. They can be acclimated to high light. Mine are probably higher than they'd like to be, but they are doing just fine. I don't think zoas will be a problem for the acans. Acans are more aggressive than zoas are.

Chalices are much the same as far as lighting, but I've noticed that chalices are far less likely to tolerate higher lighting than acans, and their colors usually look better toward the low/moderate lighting levels. Hope that helps!

You know, I don't think I ever came in here to check out this tank... it looks spectacular!

I really dig the layout and your livestock choices. I'll have to check in more often.

Thanks Justind823!

Update?..........

PICS!!!!

your tank is nothing short of amazing! :bowdown: and not just because you got deep pockets and 46 more gallons then my 14 and alligator arms, I love it!

sweet. Thanks med.

edit- oh and- I was told acan frags can be glued right next to each other, or even to each other. Is this true- and if there's about an inch between two of them, will they grow right up against each other into one colony?

Update?..........

PICS!!!!

your tank is nothing short of amazing! :bowdown: and not just because you got deep pockets and 46 more gallons then my 14 and alligator arms, I love it!

Thanks wartskin!

sweet. Thanks med.

edit- oh and- I was told acan frags can be glued right next to each other, or even to each other. Is this true- and if there's about an inch between two of them, will they grow right up against each other into one colony?

Acans don't mind touching. You just want to space them far enough for the growth you are expecting and so they don't shade each other when fully expanded.

Looking awesome Med!

Thanks animalmaster!

Med, pics! :D

I know! I've been so lazy!

Ok... ok... I took some pics and a video. I totally forgot to take a pic showing the Radions, but I did take a video of them in demo mode. It's uploading to the 'tubes as I type.

15q1z01.jpg

hwxpqe.jpg

71ihdv.jpg

16gmtl1.jpg

2m4ondz.jpg

1z5i3aw.jpg

dny4ya.jpg

wmjuoy.jpg

1zg3jiu.jpg

1zodwcz.jpg

2nc01uu.jpg

11av3hj.jpg

123uphe.jpg

1428oxc.jpg

14uw8y1.jpg

ddaaaaaammmnn :o

ha ha thanks!

Looks absolutely incredible med.

Thanks rehype. I still need some of your photog magic. Why don't you live closer!??!?!?!

Archived