Cultivated Reef

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bottom right is looking like dendro heaven

Thank you cruz! I needed something to fill out that area since it doesn't get much light. I'm a little miffed as I paid an arm and a leg for them, but not it seems they are starting to show up on the market for $25 a head instead of what I paid for them.

MedRed, this tank is really something else, love that Candy pair.

Thanks JoelRHale!

Looking great :)

BTW Med, have you seen this on RB yet?

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/09/27/todd-ga...ass/#more-48473

Pretty cool IMO!

Thanks Blue... I need to get on that before. I'm sure the spawn is just getting nom nommed by the skimmer. They other night they were teasing like they were going to spawn again. I watched them for over 30 minutes. I guess they were a little shy that night.

:bowdown:

The tank looks just awesome Med.

I love the corner with all the Dendrophyllia!

Thanks Animal!

Best aquascape ever. How'd you get the rocks to stabilize building it upwards? It's so awesome!

Thaks rbaby! It took a drill, some fiberglass rods, and a lot of epoxy!

Brilliant! Beautiful tank!

Thank you rbaby!

My Maxima clam is driving me nuts! It refuses to set its foot down no matter WHERE I place it, It keeps falling off the spires. High, low, flat, slanted, you name it... it won't stay put. My Crocea planted it's foot exactly where I first placed it and it's, well... happy as a clam. The only problem with the crocea is that it's placed so high i just see it as being purple instead of the awesome green color that it is. This Maxima is going to make me kill it. grrr!

Thats strange. When I got my croesa I told my wife that she needed to tell me where she wanted it since it is hers, and she needed to do it quick. Well, being a woman, she procrastinated til the next day and suffice it to say, I now have a sand clam that is FIRMLY attached to the egg crate under the sand right where I didnt want it...women

Thats strange. When I got my croesa I told my wife that she needed to tell me where she wanted it since it is hers, and she needed to do it quick. Well, being a woman, she procrastinated til the next day and suffice it to say, I now have a sand clam that is FIRMLY attached to the egg crate under the sand right where I didnt want it...women

At least your wife cares. My lady will not even look at my tank since she hates it lol.

At least your wife cares. My lady will not even look at my tank since she hates it lol.

lol at the crocea and this. I keep telling you guys... "wife" is the problem here.

I'm a little frustrated as I can NEVER make it in time on Doni's reef to pull down a replacement clown before they get sold. ARGHHHH.... My poor clown.

Untitled-1.jpg?1288903617

Forever Alone...

• 3 weeks later...
Deleted User 4

Hey med, I have to say, I've always kept my eyes on your tank/thread, and again I can declare my time worth reading through your reef experience. You have an awesome looking tank my friend :) .

Med, can you tell me what the orange corals are on the bottom right hand of your scape? Could you tell me where you got them?

Hey Poekin, They are non photosynthetic Dendrophyllia coral. I bought them from my LFS. usually they are really expensive as they weren't available anywhere for the past couple of years, but now it seems like they are a little more readily available.

You better nuke that radioactive orange Aptasia you have growing on the lower right.

lol :P

You better nuke that radioactive orange Aptasia you have growing on the lower right.

Don't make fun of my dumb questions :P

P.S. You're AC media basket and little submersible halogen light are working awesomely on my fluval edge.

Hey Poekin, They are non photosynthetic Dendrophyllia coral. I bought them from my LFS. usually they are really expensive as they weren't available anywhere for the past couple of years, but now it seems like they are a little more readily available.

Thanks! I thought they were Duncan's -_- Still new to this whole reef thing. I'm looking for something like that to fill up some low flow, shady spots in my edge.

I also love you're little branchy hairy tree looking thing... dare I ask what that one is? Though it looks a bit too complicated for my small setup.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived