Cultivated Reef

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That tank is amazing looking. I love all the color and the placements of the corals. Question though, how do you take such nice, clean photos? I've been trying like hell and come up with semi nice. I have a Canon PowerShot that's 12MP I believe. Ideas?

awesome! How are you liking the radions so far? I am setting up a 120 and was thinking of using a couple radions.

So far so good. I still don't think you can beat the color you get from MH. The programming for the Radions still aren't fleshed out yet.

Lookin Nice, real nice! I can't believe the changes since I last check out your thread.

Thanks Jeffro!

Wow it seems with the new Radions all the colors really come out now, not just the neons from the AIs.

Looks great Med!

Thanks iDream! The tank definitely looks better to my eyes, and some of the colors are showing better coloration as well.

It looks like your firefish did not enjoy the show. :lol:

LOL. They were like, "We're outta here!"

Dude you dont need me those photos look great!

Don't even... I still haven't played with this camera yet. I need some classes or something.

Damnnnnn :o , soo amazing!! Thanks man :)

thanks IIX!

That tank is amazing looking. I love all the color and the placements of the corals. Question though, how do you take such nice, clean photos? I've been trying like hell and come up with semi nice. I have a Canon PowerShot that's 12MP I believe. Ideas?

Thanks joey! I am nowhere near an expert in photography... I am somewhere below the designation of amateur. A tripod makes all the world of difference. I also used a macro lens on my DSLR for some of those shots. You need to talk to hype or some of the others about photography. I would be the blind leading the blind. lol.

A Few more pics.

sdgqjl.jpg

dzcwmr.jpg

fuxvtz.jpg

14me59u.jpg

bdjgc8.jpg

1hfczd.jpg

vcxsp0.jpg

2cdcnwh.jpg

Pic from the first day I hung the radions. have no idea what setting they were on.

w9vhvd.jpg

the clam on the top left spire is actually green when viewed from above. I wonder if I should mount it a little lower so I can actually get to see how it looks.

Dude you dont need me those photos look great!

I agree with rehype, your pix are outstanding. Wish I had a camera to take better quality pix with. I'm just using my cell cam lol.

Med, man sorry to hear all what had happened to ya tank while back. That shows me how long I hadn't been on here for.

Glad to see everything is turning out better for you. Your tank is so amazingly beautiful.

Lots of life and color.

And love ya new lighting. That vid was rocking hard.

BTW, I love and want ya tiger blenny. Never seen one before.

No....Frikkin'....Fair.....

I love that tank, those light's, and yer rockwerk!

Awesome stuff, man! B)

Thanks pismo! I gotta check out your thread!

The tank is looking stellar Med.

Those lights are a great addition ;)

Thans animalmaster!

I agree with rehype, your pix are outstanding. Wish I had a camera to take better quality pix with. I'm just using my cell cam lol.

Med, man sorry to hear all what had happened to ya tank while back. That shows me how long I hadn't been on here for.

Glad to see everything is turning out better for you. Your tank is so amazingly beautiful.

Lots of life and color.

And love ya new lighting. That vid was rocking hard.

BTW, I love and want ya tiger blenny. Never seen one before.

I am a talentless n00b with a good camera. I don't even know how to keep everything in focus at the same time. Thank you for the kind words! I think everything is working out at this point. My SPS are still in the process or coloring back up, but they are doing so quickly. I'm just starting to get new SPS growth again. DD has tiger blennies every now and then. He's a lot of fun!

I'm so glad to see everything is panning out for you to have new growth on ya sps.

I can just imagine what type of a personality your triger Blenny has. Cuz I have added a Tailspot Blenny to my tank back in August ands I am so glad i gotte3n him. I love it.

You may be a noob with a camera but your pic quality sure tells me different. I surely would love to post pix like that of my corals. I added a few pix to my thread and you can see why I say this lol.

I'm so glad to see everything is panning out for you to have new growth on ya sps.

I can just imagine what type of a personality your triger Blenny has. Cuz I have added a Tailspot Blenny to my tank back in August ands I am so glad i gotte3n him. I love it.

You may be a noob with a camera but your pic quality sure tells me different. I surely would love to post pix like that of my corals. I added a few pix to my thread and you can see why I say this lol.

Thanks redknee! My Tiger blenny is has a different personality than the two tailspots I've had. He likes to perch on things. My tailspot liked to open water swim, or back his body into a hole in the rock scape. I need to take some lessons. I have friends that are photographers, but I don't want to bother them when they are busy.

I didn't realize my tank is over a year old! I started cycling at the end of October.

On a bad note, 3 of the Dendros I added have hitchhiking caulerpa on them. I just removed them and gave them a scrubbing and peroxide dip. Let's see what happens.

Love this tank. Those lights look great! Are you happy with them?

I just set up a tank with all the noob goodies and now I gotta get a Radion, fortunately I need only one, and now friggen expensive camera...lol

Sleek tank, also...

Thank you, surgicalsense!

Love this tank. Those lights look great! Are you happy with them?

I just set up a tank with all the noob goodies and now I gotta get a Radion, fortunately I need only one, and now friggen expensive camera...lol

Thanks, Spirofucci! I am very happy with them. I've already noticed a nice shift in some of the SPS colors. My Red Planet is getting Red in it. It had been completely green.

Cool, btw what do you feed your blue spotted jawfish? I'm planning on getting one soon

He eats any and everything. I normally feed him pellets.

Your jawfish is funny. Not shy at all. In the pics and vid, he"s all over the place, lol.

He's quite a character. He was afraid of the light show in the video. That was the third cycle of running the demo mode. Normally he's swimming through the water column. I just ended up with an odd ball BSJ, apparently.

Thanks redknee! My Tiger blenny is has a different personality than the two tailspots I've had. He likes to perch on things. My tailspot liked to open water swim, or back his body into a hole in the rock scape. I need to take some lessons. I have friends that are photographers, but I don't want to bother them when they are busy.

I didn't realize my tank is over a year old! I started cycling at the end of October.

On a bad note, 3 of the Dendros I added have hitchhiking caulerpa on them. I just removed them and gave them a scrubbing and peroxide dip. Let's see what happens.

peroxide dip, never heard of that.

What does that get rid of

Med... Everything is looking amazing!

I think looking at your thread has given me some motivation to finally get off my ass, and get my Solana set up once again!

Thanks bro!!!

B)

Archived