Cultivated Reef

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

Wow tonight was hectic. I just put in the worms and sponge, after them sitting in a bucket for a day, then while I was bringing them over to my dad's house(where my 2 10gals are) some of the bags leaked, just a pain. Then I transferred 2 pairs of clowns to different tank, yay I can relax now, right? :D I turned the lights out and I hear a *snap* *snap* they're a pistol shrimp hiding in the rock the sponge is on <_<

I took some pics, but I can't upload them tonight, I have to go to sleep.

Oh, I'm going to feed them Oyster Feast and John's dry filter feeder formula

pics in the tank?

those worms both look healthy

what do you plan to feed to them?

my wife would really like me to get a duster but I'm reluctant because I worry about them getting enough food in my tiny system

i had some tiny ones hitchhike into my ten and i never fed them, they seemed fine until i moved the rock into the corner...now they're gone :P

Wow tonight was hectic. I just put in the worms and sponge, after them sitting in a bucket for a day, then while I was bringing them over to my dad's house(where my 2 10gals are) some of the bags leaked, just a pain. Then I transferred 2 pairs of clowns to different tank, yay I can relax now, right? :D I turned the lights out and I hear a *snap* *snap* they're a pistol shrimp hiding in the rock the sponge is on <_<

I took some pics, but I can't upload them tonight, I have to go to sleep.

Oh, I'm going to feed them Oyster Feast and John's dry filter feeder formula

it all seems to happen at once sometimes -_-

here's hoping today is better for you :P

i had some tiny ones hitchhike into my ten and i never fed them, they seemed fine until i moved the rock into the corner...now they're gone :P

it all seems to happen at once sometimes -_-

here's hoping today is better for you :P

Oh, well the tiny ones usually just find food for them selves :)

Yeah thanks :) Today was better

Ugh but tomorrow and wed I have to take the CAHSEE(california high school exit exam) which my old school was supposed to give to my last year, but didn't? :huh: yaaay for tests in the morning. <_<

Although I did hear it was really easy, hopefully that's true! :P

Pics will be up (kinda)soon, I also got distracted and took 50pics of my mocha clowns, so I'm editing those pics too

DSC03309.png

DSC03299.png

Sponge!

DSC03301.png

Top down

DSC03297.png

Caught this guy crawling around on the sponge last night, pretty big for a mini brittle

DSC03306.png

DSC03305.png

Feather Duster & Coco Worm

DSC03307.png

DSC03308.png

Today it didn't look happy, although it looks better than this now

DSC03294.png

The clowns acclimating to their temp. home

DSC03302.png

*neglect* Lol actually I acclimated a few things into this tank, which lowered the water level noticeably

Edited by yoshii
I love how you're totally addicted to this hobby :) :) :) :)

Hahaha it's like taking over my life :P

When I'm bored at school, I take out my notebook and either keep working on my reef scene doodle, or continue writing out my plans for this tank xD

Hahaha it's like taking over my life :P

When I'm bored at school, I take out my notebook and either keep working on my reef scene doodle, or continue writing out my plans for this tank xD

OMG lol if my cam was charged i would send you a photo of my chemistry notebook right now. full of potential rockscapes LOL

OMG lol if my cam was charged i would send you a photo of my chemistry notebook right now. full of potential rockscapes LOL

ohhh I have to go get my notebook now xD

Lol I fail at drawing rocks so all my "potential aquascapes" drawings usually get thrown away

Learning fail!!!!!!!

I got lucky and my counselor is wanting a tank, so I talk to him about it.

Hey Kazooie...

GET OUT OF OUR CHAT!

Jk haha

ohhh I have to go get my notebook now xD

Lol I fail at drawing rocks so all my "potential aquascapes" drawings usually get thrown away

LOL!!! too funny.

All of my sketches end up getting overgrown with acros and stuff that they become 1 black box.

Learning fail!!!!!!!

I got lucky and my counselor is wanting a tank, so I talk to him about it.

Nice! My friend in marine bio knows what a percula clownfish is!!!! omgomgomg Lol she doesn't have a tank, but her dad does. I'm getting another person in my marine bio class to set up a sw tank :D But I can't quite talk reefs yet...It's hard to contain lol

101004-204420.jpg

Oh boy...this is from marine bio(there's more on the other side of the paper). Two of my other friends wrote some stuff on here too, but it's mainly me trying to explain stuff with drawings :P In fact, that "sargent damsel" looking fish at the bottom is actually me trying to explain the difference between a ocellaris clown and a percula to my friend ROFL

101004-204458.jpg

Plans for this tank :ninja:

I'm too lazy to put up more lol

All of my sketches end up getting overgrown with acros and stuff that they become 1 black box.

Lol, but then you can't see the acros anymore! :(

I have that class next semester.

Cool, by our textbook, it's supposed to be a 1 semester class, but it's stretched out to 1 year

About 5 min. Before I posted. I have a nice aquascape that I like, but I'll probably change.

Hey Kazooie, it's today, why do I not see any pics? :angry:

Oh, and I noticed that since the ph is blasting right at the sponge, it's actually collecting quite a bit of dirt! lol

Coco worm still seems unhappy...