inTank Media Baskets

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

Time to banish him... :(

I took him out as soon as I was sure he was eating the gorg :(

Well that's a first. Never heard of a scarlet going rogue

Moving the pics to the new page

Picture time! I ended up taking another nap, but I'll continue to post more pics later

IMG_157622.jpg

IMG_6686.jpg

Red Feather Algae

IMG_154722.jpg

The top part of this purple gorg gets a lot of flow from the powerhead, and the polyps get long and "stringy" Kinda like sleeper tentacles on a euphyllia

• Like 5

Yikes! Didn't know scarlet hermits would eat gorgs. I've got one that's been climbing on my gorgs. I assumed it was harmless, but now I'll have to watch it and make sure its not eating the gorg!

Beautiful new photos!

Yikes! Didn't know scarlet hermits would eat gorgs. I've got one that's been climbing on my gorgs. I assumed it was harmless, but now I'll have to watch it and make sure its not eating the gorg!

Beautiful new photos!

I didn't think so either! :( At least this was the only gorg it was eating (i hope!) It climbed on the corky finger, but I didn't see it eating that one

Yeah I'm going to watch the rest of my hermits like a hawk now

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your hermit! I had a scarlet one that caused problems, too. My little blue legged ones have been model citizens, though.

Sorry to hear about your hermit! I had a scarlet one that caused problems, too. My little blue legged ones have been model citizens, though.

Really? What did it do?

I'll the rogue hermits I've heard about have been blue legs

• Like 1

Mine kept digging into the acans' throats and ripping the food right out of them :(

I've heard the same thing about the blue legs. Maybe I've just been lucky because they're small.

• Like 1

Mine kept digging into the acans' throats and ripping the food right out of them :(

I've heard the same thing about the blue legs. Maybe I've just been lucky because they're small.

My blue legs take food from my acans.

I'm down to only three hermits between my two up and running tanks. They will not be replaced once they kick the bucket...

My blue legs take food from my acans.

I'm down to only three hermits between my two up and running tanks. They will not be replaced once they kick the bucket...

I've heard of hermits stealing food from corals, but not actually eating the corals themselves

My hermits actually don't really steal from my coral, that's the cleaner shrimp's job :lol:

I just fragged the blue sponge last night, so I have a piece for you :) I'll drop it at Baja for you the next time I'm down that way.

Thank you!! :wub: :wub: You're the best!

Visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium yesterday! I'll post pics later, for now, here's a cell phone pic

2015-08-11%2021.55.48.jpg

• Like 9

Been pretty busy, but I'm still going to post more tank pics :P I wanna get a new FTS! Although I've cut the photoperiod lately because it's been burning up here! I need to get another mini fan!

Here are some jelly pics from MBA for being patient :)

IMG_7567.jpg

I really like how this one came out :wub: and of course I'm obsessed with black bgs

IMG_766822.jpg

• Like 5

+1 on that TOTM.

You've inspired me for my plans on my rebuild.

Thank you! I'm glad I could inspire people to create more macro tanks! :happy:

Plans for today after work:

-Clean the glass

-Probably prune some macros

-Maybe get a new FTS if everything settles in time

Next month before this tank comes down I'm heading down to SoCal and I'll be trading Squared for some Blue Scroll and Dragon's Breath :D

On that note, if anyone in the LA/Irvine/San Diego area (or places along the way) is interested in some macros, PM me!

It would be awesome if you won TOTM before tearing this tank down, so I'll go and add my support.

Would you be willing to trade some gorgs? The trip would probably be to long for them, though.

Would you ever ship?

I haven't shipped macros before...although I did ship Ben a betta

So yeah, probably

It would be awesome if you won TOTM before tearing this tank down, so I'll go and add my support.

Would you be willing to trade some gorgs? The trip would probably be to long for them, though.

You guys make me feel so loved :blush:

IF I can approval for my dorm tank, I'll only be keeping some of the gorgs, so yes. No they would be fine on the trip. It wouldn't even be overnight. Plus I'm surrounded by a ridiculous amount of packing supplies at my work

What gorg(s) would you be interested in? You can PM me too

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I haven't shipped macros before...although I did ship Ben a betta

And he is still loving life! I should name him 'Mogar the Guppy Slayer'.

• Like 2