Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

Very pretty fish! Love all the different colors on him. Name him Scorpy? Haha :-P

Love all the bright colors in that section of the tank. Very vibrant as always!

Very pretty fish! Love all the different colors on him. Name him Scorpy? Haha :-P

Love all the bright colors in that section of the tank. Very vibrant as always!

He is pretty, isnt he? :wub:

I thought about that, but idk, kinda want a more creative name, that's why I'm asking other people for suggestions :lol:

I was JUST thinking Scorpy. looks like Felicia beat me to it :lol:

Lol great minds think alike?

Beautiful setup and love the the Orange Tree Gorgonian - my eyes gravitate towards it. I read its difficult to keep.

Thank you! The Orange Tree gorgs are definitely the two brightest things in tanks

I think anything that is non-photosynthetic is automatically labeled difficult. IME, it's the easiest NPS gorg I've cared for

• Like 1

Wow. I think I found my new favorite tank thread. Love the tank. Makes me wish I could have more tanks. Very pretty beach and feet pics. With feet like that why not show them off :)

• Like 1

Wow. I think I found my new favorite tank thread. Love the tank. Makes me wish I could have more tanks. Very pretty beach and feet pics. With feet like that why not show them off :)

Thank you! That's quite a compliment :blush:

You can always have more tanks! This tank used to be my sister's old turtle tank, you can make a tank out of anything!

Haha thanks

Just based on the mythology section of this Wikipedia article, how about Apollo or Mulgirtab if it's a boy or Artemis if it's a girl? Mulgi?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorpius

Spit balling here.

I like Artemis, although I've been calling it a "him"

Artemis, Scorpy, hmm maybe even Scorpio?

Thanks for the suggestions :)

• Like 4

I am so horrible at naming fish. I managed to name two of my lionfish and my eel, but I still haven't come up with a name for my third lionfish.

• Like 1
Nano sapiens

You were thinking about adding skimmate back in? In small doses, shouldn't hurt, but it is a bit couterproductive, IMO.

How about a reduced skimmer schedule...maybe just run it at night to keep oxygen levels up.

'Scorpius' (reference 'Farscape' character) :)

• Like 1

I am so horrible at naming fish. I managed to name two of my lionfish and my eel, but I still haven't come up with a name for my third lionfish.

Well you still came up with nice names!
Which one haven't you named yet?

Nice tank. Are you still running this with the equipment listed on page 1, Pc light, ac20'? What do you have packed in the ac20?

Yes I am. Although I've thrown on a little FW T8 purple light just for when I look at the tank. I'll try to figure out what model

The AC just has the stock sponge and ceramic media. And some carbon, but I almost never clean the thing, so it probably got exhausted long ago. Honestly part of the reason I like this tank is because I don't have to do anything for it haha, just feed! I clean the glass before a FTS, and top off when needed. That's about it as far as "regular" maintenance

You were thinking about adding skimmate back in? In small doses, shouldn't hurt, but it is a bit couterproductive, IMO.

How about a reduced skimmer schedule...or not use it at all (assuming that you don't have low oxygen issues at night due to lack of photosynthesis).

'Scorpius' (reference 'Farscape' character) :)

Counterproductive? Why?

Oh I don't use a skimmer at all, just the AC20

Oo I like that, although I've only seen clips of that show whenever my sister was watching

• Like 1
Nano sapiens

After re-reading, I see that you were talking about adding skimmate from a tank at work to this tank. My bad, just ignore my suggestion...

Farscape was fun to watch :)

The antennata is the one I haven't named yet. I can't tell the genders of the lion fish, but she just seems like a female to me. I've been sticking to dragon names for my predators but there aren't a lot of good female dragon names.

After re-reading, I see that you were talking about adding skimmate from a tank at work to this tank. My bad, just ignore my suggestion...

Farscape was fun to watch :)

I'll probably get some skimmate today, see how it goes

It looked pretty cheezy, but my sister ad her bf liked it

The antennata is the one I haven't named yet. I can't tell the genders of the lion fish, but she just seems like a female to me. I've been sticking to dragon names for my predators but there aren't a lot of good female dragon names.

Antennatas have always been one of my fav lions, I think of them as girls too :lol:

• Like 1

Keep on posted how adding the skim mate works. Needing more nutrients is definitely a good problem to have :)

Yeah the antennata is the prettiest of the 3 lions. She's the most delicate looking which is why I think she looks more feminine. The fu Manchu has beautiful colors, but he's kind of ugly/pretty and a weird looking fish. The dwarf zebra has the most drab colors or the three, but he has the best personality. :)

• Like 1

Keep on posted how adding the skim mate works. Needing more nutrients is definitely a good problem to have :)

Yeah the antennata is the prettiest of the 3 lions. She's the most delicate looking which is why I think she looks more feminine. The fu Manchu has beautiful colors, but he's kind of ugly/pretty and a weird looking fish. The dwarf zebra has the most drab colors or the three, but he has the best personality. :)

Haha right, it's a great problem!

If I ever get a lion, I'd probably get an antennata

The Fu Manchu I see as a guy because of the "mustache"

The dwarf is still very pretty! :wub:

So my LFS just got in this itty bitty orange tube nem, it's so cute!

I really want it, but I think my scorp would probably run into eventually :(

2015-07-25%2017.41.42.jpg

Maybe I should get it and keep it in my 3g until I get my 5g.

Idk if I shared my plan with you guys, but all my tanks are coming down in Sept (or earlier, my 55g is coming down next month)

IF my new roommates agree to let me keep a small reef, I want to get the Marineland Contour 5G AIO and combine this tank with my 3g tank

• Like 3

Woah! I somehow missed the third! I need to go check it out.

• Like 1

Honestly, tube nems are totally fine with fish. I had 3 for a while with my little nano fish with no problems. There was a great article about how they aren't fish eaters and they actually have the least potent sting of most of the common aquarium nems. Not sure why the myth that they eat fish got started. I'll try to find that article for you!

Edit: here's the article

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2004/6/inverts

Woah! I somehow missed the third! I need to go check it out.

Haha yep! I have too many :) I have the fu Manchu (Mushu), the dwarf zebra (draco), and the antennata. They're each in my sig.
  • Like 2

You should name him Scerpy, kinda like Scorpy, except with more derp :)

Haha or Scorp-a-derp

Honestly, tube nems are totally fine with fish. I had 3 for a while with my little nano fish with no problems. There was a great article about how they aren't fish eaters and they actually have the least potent sting of most of the common aquarium nems. Not sure why the myth that they eat fish got started. I'll try to find that article for you!

Edit: here's the article

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2004/6/inverts

Haha yep! I have too many :) I have the fu Manchu (Mushu), the dwarf zebra (draco), and the antennata. They're each in my sig.

Yes, I remember reading that article!

I wasn't worried about the sting, just that the scorp might disturb the nem

In other scorp news...I can't find him :/ Yesterday I didn't see him either, but he is really good at camouflage. But today after work I even moved around a few macros and I still don't see him

I also didn't see my nass snails or hermits crowding around anything, or a dead body, so idk where he is

• Like 1

Mine is great at hiding also. I wouldn't worry yet.

Yeah, but there's only so many places to hide in a 10g.

And he needs to come out so I can feed him!

I didn't realize you had a scorp, I need to pay closer attention to your tank thread (you have an absolutely amazing tank btw)

What species?

• Like 1