Coral Vue Hydros

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

Sorry about the scorp, Christina. Its always easy to feel like you did something wrong if it was doing fine at the store, but I doubt it was anything you had any control over. Your tank is clearly doing great and would have made a great home for him. Fish are just weird and sometimes don't take to a new tank very well. They are just so delicate to stress. I'm still holding out a big of hope that he is a master at hiding, but yeah its been long enough to think he probably didn't make it. I'm getting to the point where I won't get attached to a new fish until it makes it at least a week in my tank.

• Like 2

Hmmm. Maybe if I hadn't just bought about a million SPS frags from Zia's end of the world party. But you are definitely inspiring me to think about trying again B)

OR, TEENY, you could always start a new tank with macros and gorgs fingerscrossed

Awww. Sorry to hear about the scorpion, Yoshi.

• Like 1
Legendary Corals

zomg... is that blue ochtodes? Had no idea you guys got macro algaes in! We've been collecting them!

20150703_145555.jpg

Always loved that orange gorg but it being NPS made us a bit nervous to try it out. It just needs to eat gorg food right?

• Like 1

Oh my...so tempting :)

Sorry about your fishie :angry:

And so easy! Do it! :D

Sorry about the scorp, Christina. Its always easy to feel like you did something wrong if it was doing fine at the store, but I doubt it was anything you had any control over. Your tank is clearly doing great and would have made a great home for him. Fish are just weird and sometimes don't take to a new tank very well. They are just so delicate to stress. I'm still holding out a big of hope that he is a master at hiding, but yeah its been long enough to think he probably didn't make it. I'm getting to the point where I won't get attached to a new fish until it makes it at least a week in my tank.

Thanks Felicia :( He was so cute too :tears:

OR, TEENY, you could always start a new tank with macros and gorgs fingerscrossed

Awww. Sorry to hear about the scorpion, Yoshi.

Yeahhh! This!

Thanks Stella

zomg... is that blue ochtodes? Had no idea you guys got macro algaes in! We've been collecting them!

20150703_145555.jpg

Always loved that orange gorg but it being NPS made us a bit nervous to try it out. It just needs to eat gorg food right?

Close, it's a "knock off" Hypnea pannosa

Ooh I didn't know you had macros, got any cool ones? :D

The orange gorgs are the easiest NPS gorgs I've cared for. Big polyps = easy to feed

I feed a powder food and frozen grouper eggs

poor fishie, but it doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. just happens

Yeah :( Poor guy

• Like 2

: ( about your cute little fish. He was as adorable as they come.

Thanks, he really was super cute :(

I have good/bad news. Bad news is that I'm sick and stuck in bed all day. Good news is that now I have the time to edit and post pics :)

• Like 2

Feel better!! :flower:

OK, now where are the pics?!?!

Thankies :)

I got a bad headache and tried to take a nap. I couldn't nap but now I'm go through pics...just very slowly haha

• Like 1

As I said awhile back in the nomination thread....it is so artistic and well done!

Thank You! :blush: Although I think the tank has come a long way since a few years ago

Picture time! I ended up taking another nap, but I'll continue to post more pics later

IMG_157622.jpg

IMG_6686.jpg

Red Feather Algae

IMG_154722.jpg

The top part of this purple gorg gets a lot of flow from the powerhead, and the polyps get long and "stringy" Kinda like sleeper tentacles on a euphyllia

• Like 5

Remember looking at your 3G pick years ago...then stumbled across this one a couple of months ago. Made the nomination last month.

Beauteous!

I know I've said it before but I love the rich colors in this tank. It's one of the brightest and refreshing.

Thank you :) It's one of the reasons why I like this tank, I get the bright colors but without having to have a 20k light over the tank :P

Remember looking at your 3G pick years ago...then stumbled across this one a couple of months ago. Made the nomination last month.

Beauteous!

Thank you! :) This tank is almost as old as my pico. It will be turning 5 years old next month omgomgomg

Awesome! That red feather is so beautiful :)

Definitely one of my favorites of the macros from live-plants :)

But anything it touches it likes to "stick" to and start growing on it. So I've had to pick pieces of it off my red finger gorg

Looks wonderful! I'd say the best looking macro tank on NR :).

TOTM

Agree :).

I 3rd that motion!

Aww thanks guys :happy:

Nice, I like that macro

It's one of my new favs, it's a species of Portieria

This tank is beautiful.

Thank you :)

Guys! I found out why my purple branch gorg hasn't been doing well

One of my big scarlet hermits has been EATING IT!! :o

2015-08-03%2009.31.41.jpg

I caught him red handed last night! I watched him for a little bit, just to make sure he was actually eating it, and he definitely was! He'd pinch off a piece, then eat around the spicule, then grab another bite to eat.

And all this time I thought it was cool he liked to climb on the gorgs :tears:

Aww thanks guys :happy:

It's one of my new favs, it's a species of Portieria

Thank you :)

Guys! I found out why my purple branch gorg hasn't been doing well

One of my big scarlet hermits has been EATING IT!! :o

2015-08-03%2009.31.41.jpg

I caught him red handed last night! I watched him for a little bit, just to make sure he was actually eating it, and he definitely was! He'd pinch off a piece, then eat around the spicule, then grab another bite to eat.

And all this time I thought it was cool he liked to climb on the gorgs :tears:

Time to banish him... :(