ReefCleaners.org

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

Well I'm now hoping that no one buys him by the end of the week. I want to see him in your tank!

Do barbfish not have spines on their anal fins? Lions have spines on the dorsal, pelvic, and anal fins so holding from the bottom isn't really any safer. Like I said, you're braver than me!

This is such a beautiful tank!

I admit, I skimmed the first few and last few pages, missing a lot in between.

Has it been going relatively steady these last 5 years? I'm impressed! What has been your biggest challenge in keeping it healthy and going?

Well I'm now hoping that no one buys him by the end of the week. I want to see him in your tank!

Do barbfish not have spines on their anal fins? Lions have spines on the dorsal, pelvic, and anal fins so holding from the bottom isn't really any safer. Like I said, you're braver than me!

I don't know, but he is pretty tiny, so I just might not have noticed them

I actually have never been "stung" by any fish, just stabbed by angelfish spines haha

This is such a beautiful tank!

I admit, I skimmed the first few and last few pages, missing a lot in between.

Has it been going relatively steady these last 5 years? I'm impressed! What has been your biggest challenge in keeping it healthy and going?

Thank you!

Haha there's just a lot of random chatting in the middle

Yes, It's moved 3 times, but probably the thing that changes the most is the variety of macro algae, I'm always collecting new ones

Towards the beginning I battled lots of hair algae and it was so ugly and annoying. But once I got rid of it, I'd say the biggest challenge is making sure the slower grower and more delicate algae don't get overrun and killed off. I have this weird variety of caulerpa that looks like mini prolifera, and it grows really fast and it "reaches out", creating a blanket towards the surface that killed off a lot of macros the other year when I stopped pruning (I think in 2013?)

Yeah, now we're all going to be hoping you get that cute lil' guy.

:D Most people don't want him when they find out he gets 6"

So I tried to take a FTS, and then the power went out :angry:

• Like 1

Fun that his spines are so tiny that they didn't sting you. Angelfish spines don't sound too pleasant. Luckily I've managed to avoid any stings or sticks from fish thus far. Hoping I can keep from ever getting stung by the lions.

Fun that his spines are so tiny that they didn't sting you. Angelfish spines don't sound too pleasant. Luckily I've managed to avoid any stings or sticks from fish thus far. Hoping I can keep from ever getting stung by the lions.

I think you really have to be jabbed by the spines in order for them to sting you. I've been poked by a foxface before, but nothing happened, so I think just brushing the spines doesn't do anything

Scorp is still at the LFS, now I'm kinda glad he is hard to spot haha

• Like 3

Awesome photos! Tidepooling is so fun :)

And yeah, I think there has to be some pressure for the spines to actually puncture your skin. Glad the cute little guy is still there! You going to take him home tomorrow? :D

Scorp is mine! :D

I had a super busy day today so he's on hold right now, I'll probably pick him up on Monday

I took a FTS yesterday, I'll be posting it soon

• Like 2

New FTS!

IMG_689322.jpg

Looks fake (meant in the most complimentary way possible ):D lovely job,the beach pics are nice too! Are those fat Lil anemones in the second pic?

Scorp is mine! :D

I had a super busy day today so he's on hold right now, I'll probably pick him up on Monday

I took a FTS yesterday, I'll be posting it soon

Yessssss!

Looks fake (meant in the most complimentary way possible ) :D lovely job,the beach pics are nice too! Are those fat Lil anemones in the second pic?

Yessssss!

Haha I know what you mean, when I was looking at the thumbnail on my computer, I thought it kinda looked like someone put those really bright fake freshwater plant decorations on the rocks

Yes, there was mostly a mix of the smaller Aggregating Anemones and the Giant Green Anemones

I, of course, took pics of some macros, I'll share those too in a bit

• Like 2

Nice feet. :ninja:

;)

:lol::scarry:

Wow. VERY nice!

Thank you! :)

• Like 1

Haha I know what you mean, when I was looking at the thumbnail on my computer, I thought it kinda looked like someone put those really bright fake freshwater plant decorations on the rocks

Yes, there was mostly a mix of the smaller Aggregating Anemones and the Giant Green Anemones

I, of course, took pics of some macros, I'll share those too in a bit

Oh good those will be good to see! I live anemones I got a bunch in my tank haha.

Also I agree with braaap lol :x

• Like 1

Oh good those will be good to see! I live anemones I got a bunch in my tank haha.

Also I agree with braaap lol :x

I think I got some pics of a Giant Green Anemone, I'll post them here

looks great yoshii

that crab is adorable trying to pinch your finger off but he's too tiny lol

Thanks Squared :)

Haha yeah actually it's carrying a bunch of eggs underneath, so I don't blame her :P

dem toes though

:lol:

Nice FTS, lots of good colors going on in there!

Thank you! I'm really happy to see how colorful this tank has gotten :)

Absolutely beautiful, Yoshi!

Thank you Stella!

• Like 2