Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

I wish our aquarium here was somewhat decent. haha

Oh I thought yours was good?

Ok guys, I mentioned this a little while ago, but I still want this pink/orange tube nem. It's grown at the LFS

2015-08-20%2017.02.54.jpg

I'd have to get some more sand for it, but I don't mind having a pile of sand for it to be happy.

What do you guys think about putting it in front of the arch/cave? Or should I not get it?

38-tn.jpg

• Like 2

Oh I thought yours was good?

Ok guys, I mentioned this a little while ago, but I still want this pink/orange tube nem. It's grown at the LFS

2015-08-20%2017.02.54.jpg

I'd have to get some more sand for it, but I don't mind having a pile of sand for it to be happy.

What do you guys think about putting it in front of the arch/cave? Or should I not get it?

38-tn.jpg

Nope it sucks. $25 entrance to not be able to see anything because all of the school trips there and the stocking is terrible.

GET IT!

• Like 1

Nope it sucks. $25 entrance to not be able to see anything because all of the school trips there and the stocking is terrible.

GET IT!

:( That doesn't sound fun

I went to MBA on a weekday, the difference in the amount of people was awesome compared to past trips on the weekend

The tube nem has grown really fast since it arrived, it might outgrow this tank quickly :/

But then I have to take stuff out of this tank next month anyways...I think I'm going to get it

jedimasterben

He slays the guppies? :scarry:

Eats the bajeezus out of them (babies, anyway, he doesn't bug the big'uns). Also ate every single one of my blue pearl shrimp. The first week I had him he looked like a puffer fish. :lol:

Eats the bajeezus out of them (babies, anyway, he doesn't bug the big'uns). Also ate every single one of my blue pearl shrimp. The first week I had him he looked like a puffer fish. :lol:

Wow what a hungry betta!

• Like 2

Such pretty macros. You photograph them so well. How is your tube nem doing? Pics tomorrow?

It's doing good, it was open and happy just after a few minutes of being in the tank.

Here it is now, I just fed :)

2015-08-21%2019.31.32.jpg

• Like 7

It's doing good, it was open and happy just after a few minutes of being in the tank.

Here it is now, I just fed :)

2015-08-21%2019.31.32.jpg

Oh my, that is so pretty :wub:

Love the new pics of the macros, too. And, +1 on TOTM :D

I came across your tank through Kat's nomination for TOTM. I really like whats going on here. Keep up whatever you're doing because it's working.

Oh my, that is so pretty :wub:

Love the new pics of the macros, too. And, +1 on TOTM :D

Thank you! :)

Looks amazing. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

I came across your tank through Kat's nomination for TOTM. I really like whats going on here. Keep up whatever you're doing because it's working.

Haha, I'm not doing much! This tank is the most low maintenance out of all my tanks

Just finished pruning and ended up moving some macros around. New FTS coming tomorrow! :)

• Like 1

Woohoo! So glad you got the tube anemone. They're really fun and pretty.

I love the latest photos of the macro algae. You have such a variety of colors and textures in there. LOVE it! Definitely TOTM worthy :) We need to get you to win before this tank comes down for school!

Also, WOW are those shots from Monterey Bay Aquarium stunning! I love watching the jellies there. So peaceful and serene. Can't believe how clear your photos came out. I may have to use one as my computer background :)

I'm looking forward to it. And I'm sure everyone else is too.

I'm excited too haha

Unfortunately for those on the East Coast I won't be able to post it until late

pretty peach color.

I like it :) I know there are prettier ones out there, but this one is cute!

Woohoo! So glad you got the tube anemone. They're really fun and pretty.

I love the latest photos of the macro algae. You have such a variety of colors and textures in there. LOVE it! Definitely TOTM worthy :) We need to get you to win before this tank comes down for school!

Also, WOW are those shots from Monterey Bay Aquarium stunning! I love watching the jellies there. So peaceful and serene. Can't believe how clear your photos came out. I may have to use one as my computer background :)

It's really fun to feed, and it just looks nice with the tentacles swirling in the flow

Thanks, it would be cool :)

Thank you! I had to wait for the jellies to swim right next to the acrylic. Although the 2nd one exceeded my expectations :)

I just switched my background to one! If you want, I can give you the full size file, just let me know what pic

2015-08-22%2013.35.02.jpg

(please ignore those fingerprints, it's a touch screen)

• Like 2

That's the shot I love! I'd love to have the full size version if you don't mind. How big is it? If you want to email it, my email is felicia.svedlund@gmail.com. Really love your photography :)

That's the shot I love! I'd love to have the full size version if you don't mind. How big is it? If you want to email it, my email is felicia.svedlund@gmail.com. Really love your photography :)

It's 4633x2555. Let me know if a different size would be better. I can always "add on" more background space

I'll email you the file in a min :)

If anyone else also wants the file, let me know!

Hey Yoshii. Where are you buying your macros from?

I've collected my macros from various places over the years. My first macros were from Maria (got2envy). I've ordered from reefcleaners.org and live-plants.com. Live-plants is my favorite for their quantity and variety of macros. Although you need to order in spring/early summer for the best availability. I've also gotten macros from LFSs.

• Like 2

I've collected my macros from various places over the years. My first macros were from Maria (got2envy). I've ordered from reefcleaners.org and live-plants.com. Live-plants is my favorite for their quantity and variety of macros. Although you need to order in spring/early summer for the best availability. I've also gotten macros from LFSs.

Thats funny. Got2Envy helped me out a lot when I first started. More than she knows, I think. I check out my LFS every once in a while but they only stock chaeto. I have had luck getting some off of a local reefer. Once my new macro/rfa tank is presentable, I will probably ask you for some help IDing them haha.

Do you ever sell your prunings? If you don't I promise I can keep a secret.

Thats funny. Got2Envy helped me out a lot when I first started. More than she knows, I think. I check out my LFS every once in a while but they only stock chaeto. I have had luck getting some off of a local reefer. Once my new macro/rfa tank is presentable, I will probably ask you for some help IDing them haha.

Do you ever sell your prunings? If you don't I promise I can keep a secret.

She is super nice! It's been 5 years since she gave me my first macros, but I still have some of them!

Haha no prob, I'd be happy to help

I usually end up trading or selling with local reefers. I've never shipped macros before

She is super nice! It's been 5 years since she gave me my first macros, but I still have some of them!

Haha no prob, I'd be happy to help

I usually end up trading or selling with local reefers. I've never shipped macros before

Yes she is. I actually haven't talked to her in a while. And great - I'll definitely need it. Yeah I don't blame you. Although, macros can be shipped super easy. Inside ziplock bags and wrapped in damp paper towels and they're good to go. If you're not totally against it I would be privileged to get my started pack from you! You would be my Maria.

That works great :) Thanks for sending it to me! I'm actually in my lab right now doing some work so I also set it as the desktop background on our computer that runs the instrument I use a lot :D

Yes she is. I actually haven't talked to her in a while. And great - I'll definitely need it. Yeah I don't blame you. Although, macros can be shipped super easy. Inside ziplock bags and wrapped in damp paper towels and they're good to go. If you're not totally against it I would be privileged to get my started pack from you! You would be my Maria.

They're fine without water? I've always received macros in water

A few local reefers have called dibs, but if I have leftovers I'll try to ship out some :)

I plan to continue this tank in a 3 or 5g (combing with my current 3g) so I've also got to keep some of my fav macros

That works great :) Thanks for sending it to me! I'm actually in my lab right now doing some work so I also set it as the desktop background on our computer that runs the instrument I use a lot :D

I'm glad you like it :)

Ok guys, I got tied up in a few things after work, so for now here's a teaser - the cell phone view from my bed

2015-08-22%2020.19.52.jpg

I'll post the "real" FTS tonight, but the east coasters will probably be sleeping by then

• Like 7