SaltCritters.com

Minis Galore!

DeMartini

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dwarf seahorses can be a real pain to keep bc of their size. The problem is that the hydroids that are very, very common on LR, algae etc. pack enough of a sting to kill them. So the general consensus is a boring plastic planted "sterile" tank (no Lr or any other living item that could bring in potential threats) is needed for for long term success. They are tempting bc of thier size but I think you would have better luck with some regular seahorses.

Oh, and thumbs down for seahorse.org. Good information but too many jerks there that immediately label you as a seahorse murderer just for asking a question.

ooo Yeah that's pretty boring. I don't think 10 gallons is enough for a normal seahorse, is it? Maybe I'll make it a tiny angler tank!! I love those guys!

Where do you get all your anemones? You probably already said but I was too busy looking at the pictures :wub:

So sexy shrimp will host maxis?

A local reefer had an ad for them. This website gets some cool ones.

http://store.fishcollection.com/

Animal is right, they are a type of anemone shrimp.

Yes they are actually anemone shrimp.

Oooooooh. Gracias :)

A local reefer had an ad for them. This website gets some cool ones.

http://store.fishcollection.com/

Animal is right, they are a type of anemone shrimp.

Thanks for the link :)

Alrighty, so what is the exact name of that shrimp?

Oooooooh. Gracias :)

Thanks for the link :)

Alrighty, so what is the exact name of that shrimp?

Sexy shrimp? The scientific name is Thor Amboinensis

I thought it wasn't a sexy anemone shrimp???? I am so confused.

They are sexy shrimp, which happen to be a type of anemone shrimp. lol I'm confused why you're confused lol jk

Haha well I knew that! I thought he was saying they were some other type of anemone shrimp lol. I just didn't know that sexies would host those like they host yumas :)

Haha well I knew that! I thought he was saying they were some other type of anemone shrimp lol. I just didn't know that sexies would host those like they host yumas :)

ohhhhh ok :)

ooo Yeah that's pretty boring. I don't think 10 gallons is enough for a normal seahorse, is it? Maybe I'll make it a tiny angler tank!! I love those guys

Yeah 10g would be too small for full size seahorses. Anglers sound like a cool idea. Reefs and predatory fish have always been my passion in this hobby.

Yeah 10g would be too small for full size seahorses.

unless you went with one of the coldwater species[like H. breviceps, seahorsesource.com has them captive bred ;) ]

No chiller for me, so an angler tank it is!!! YAAAAAAAY! OMG I said no more tanks... What's wrong with me :mellow:

Can we ever have too many?

Can we ever have too many?

I don't know.... My room was starting to look like a fish store lol I only have two tanks at the moment, but I'm going to start breeding my picassos, so more tanks to come!

I don't know.... My room was starting to look like a fish store lol I only have two tanks at the moment, but I'm going to start breeding my picassos, so more tanks to come!

Lol I have 4 tanks...and I'm going to start a 5th soon hahaha you can never have too many!

mermaids?

That's better :happy:

I like your old sig better =(

Lol yes :P

But that's a good thing haha :lol:

lol that's what crazy cat ladies say ;)

All good things have to come to an end :[

lol it will be back at some point.

I guess it was kind of distracting. I couldn't stop watching! Was it Gary Busey?

Hahaha I have cats too..

lol me too... I only have 2... i'd have more if I could lol

Archived